Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speeding Fine

Go down 
+17
jimmychoo
steven_koh
simbk
lixxi
supermaninunder
pngstream
Roystonnn
puteh83
eiji
golfool2009
daveaha
Technospaz
tronos
lennard.low
TDO
Frederick
Tituman
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:12 pm

Just received notice from LTA today. Was caught for speeding by speed camera along Adam Road towards Farrer Road on 4th Nov. Kenna fined $150 PLUS 6 Penalty Points ..sigh......... Legal speed limit there is 70 kmh. I must have been driving above 90+ kmh. Please watch your speed along this stretch bros and sistas.

titu
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Yes... pls always look up the bridge! Morning esp....2 areas, the bridge near entrance of mediacorp and one near Adam road Japanese association.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Frederick wrote:
Yes... pls always look up the bridge! Morning esp....2 areas, the bridge near entrance of mediacorp and one near Adam road Japanese association.

Wish some body had this hint out earlier and it could have solve me this fine...sob sob
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Tituman wrote:
Just received notice from LTA today. Was caught for speeding by speed camera along Adam Road towards Farrer Road on 4th Nov. Kenna fined $150 PLUS 6 Penalty Points ..sigh......... Legal speed limit there is 70 kmh. I must have been driving above 90+ kmh. Please watch your speed along this stretch bros and sistas.

titu
I received warning last year on the way home after the "cheng ming" praying. Was found to be driving at 90km/h. I think if exceed 90ikm/h sure kena summon.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:13 pm

TDO wrote:
Tituman wrote:

titu
I received warning last year on the way home after the "cheng ming" praying. Was found to be driving at 90km/h. I think if exceed 90ikm/h sure kena summon.

Lucky you. I am very sure I never surpassed 100kmh. Heard if caught 30kmh over the speed limit, not just fine and penalty points, its court charge. So beware.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:21 pm

I think you should not exceed 20km/h and I am right on it and that same stretch of road, Lornie Road that is. Phew!
Back to top Go down
lennard.low
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lennard.low

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Tituman wrote:
TDO wrote:
Tituman wrote:

titu

Lucky you. I am very sure I never surpassed 100kmh. Heard if caught 30kmh over the speed limit, not just fine and penalty points, its court charge. So beware.

I kena fined from this stretch 2 times this year liao....sibeh sian...And yes, if caught over 30km/h it's a guaranteed court appearance, at least 12 points and fine at least $400
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:38 pm

same for Nicol Highway....dont speed there..70km/hr limit!!!! i though all the while its 90, highway mah....lucky mine warning letter only cause the TP only 'saw' me speeding (he was parked on the side). The letter say i was driving 20kph over the limit...gave me final warning
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 am

I'm always extra careful on SG roads. The speed limits don't make sense in some locations (Nicoll Highway for one). But it is what it is. Just gotta take care and be cautious.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 am

Some hot spots which I noticed are nicoll hw, yio chu kang road, and sengkang east drive. Do i need to mention KPE too ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:47 am

wow....i must be extremely lucky then....ECP and TPE/SLE is speed-trap free then?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 am

The whole island is wired with speed traps. Important to know the speed limit of that stretch of road and not exceed 10kmh of that legal speed limit.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 am

golfool2009 wrote:
wow....i must be extremely lucky then....ECP and TPE/SLE is speed-trap free then?

you drive too fast, thats why the speed trap cannot get you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 am

SLE is not. The long bridge after punngol exit is the hot spot.
Amk ave 5 towards sengkang also hot spot.
Adam road towards Thomson; the same bridge just at the entrance of mediacorp also.
Alexandra road. Overhead bridge along C & C showroom, just infront of tai hong building.
These are the fews I've come acrossed.

Oh, and some idiots who wear white shirt and stand over the bridge, everywhere. They scared the hell out of me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:20 am

puteh83 wrote:
Oh, and some idiots who wear white shirt and stand over the bridge, everywhere. They scared the hell out of me. Smile

Yeah man!
Recently, i developed the habit of slowing down to legal speed limit + 10kph, whenever i see overhead bridge.

While i drive on, i would observe the bridge.
Very often (diff bridges), there is someone standin up there admiring the view of traffic flow! Always scare me..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 am

puteh83 wrote:

Ha ha! MIW from PAP. Laughing

Back to top Go down
pngstream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pngstream

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:27 am

A friend SMS me a warning of a unmarked Subaru WRX white color, driven by traffic police on duty with speed radar, cruising our expressway. I do not know how accurate this is, but to be on safe side be wary of white wrx tailing you ....do not chiong.....
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 am

Nowadays, it's not worthed to speed. Seriously. I tone down my driving so much, and not exceeding the speed limit by 10kmh.
Speeding may save you probably 1-2 minutes of your time. Worthed ?

And speeding kills too.
Back to top Go down
supermaninunder
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
supermaninunder

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 pm

daveaha wrote:
Some hot spots which I noticed are nicoll hw, yio chu kang road, and sengkang east drive. Do i need to mention KPE too ? Very Happy

Yio chu kang road has too? woah.. dangerous man. Thats like outside my house! thanks for the tip =p
one of the roads thats really easy to catch would be the lentor avenue stretch because its a clear stretch of road and there's no redlight.. its not a highway, so speed limit's probably 70.. seen the tp before, but not often though..

aniwae just for all GR folks to take note and be careful in future!
http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20111103-308414.html

bad news for most drivers i guess Sad i'm feeling sad already..
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
puteh83 wrote:

Yeah man!
Recently, i developed the habit of slowing down to legal speed limit + 10kph, whenever i see overhead bridge.

While i drive on, i would observe the bridge.
Very often (diff bridges), there is someone standin up there admiring the view of traffic flow! Always scare me..

haha. i just saw one last sat. However, I was not speeding.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:08 pm

supermaninunder wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Yio chu kang road has too? woah.. dangerous man. Thats like outside my house! thanks for the tip =p
one of the roads thats really easy to catch would be the lentor avenue stretch because its a clear stretch of road and there's no redlight.. its not a highway, so speed limit's probably 70.. seen the tp before, but not often though..

aniwae just for all GR folks to take note and be careful in future!
http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20111103-308414.html

bad news for most drivers i guess Sad i'm feeling sad already..

Yeah, YCK is long stretch which I saw a couple of times the mata standing on the greenery patch between the two roads. Not on your left.

Just be careful.
Back to top Go down
lixxi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am

Hi all

kinda of new in here.
anyway tp is reusing unmarked cars now
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/traffic-police-to-use-unmarked-patrol-cars.html

Back to top Go down
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 am

Whoa, like that how to drive. Upper Thomson overhead bridge just before Flame Tree condo heading towards Lornie also got Uncle on top of bridge. Got a fine on a sunday morning , how not to speed when there is practically no cars on the road.
Back to top Go down
steven_koh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
steven_koh

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 am

1st got 3 warning letter from them @ lornie road lamp post 24 clock me @ 80+....the 4th time a letter come $130 +4 pt.....i can,t even see where the uncle stand...after a few time i saw he actully shooting the back of our car so we will not see him face to face...*&&^^%$
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 am

simbk wrote:
Whoa, like that how to drive. Upper Thomson overhead bridge just before Flame Tree condo heading towards Lornie also got Uncle on top of bridge. Got a fine on a sunday morning , how not to speed when there is practically no cars on the road.

Cruise control.

Or Self control Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speeding Fine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speeding Fine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next