Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speeding Fine

Go down 
+17
jimmychoo
steven_koh
simbk
lixxi
supermaninunder
pngstream
Roystonnn
puteh83
eiji
golfool2009
daveaha
Technospaz
tronos
lennard.low
TDO
Frederick
Tituman
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Speeding Fine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:29 am

I think the TP are all out for their year end bonus so be really careful. I observe that these 2 years are the worst. FYI, I have been driving for more than 15 years and never get any speeding fine until last year. Caught along the road where Tamasek Poly is and another one at upper changi road near to Singapore expo. Both happened on Nov & Dec 2010 pale
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been caught by the speedcam on the ECP heading east (after the Ben Sheares bridge) where it's 70kmh?

I see cars speeding there quite often and I'm wondering if the cam actually catches them?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 am

techno, i think the speed cam at that part of ECP is facing west for car going to city/aye. I once sped a little bit over 90km/h (the limit is 80kmh) and didnt receive a notice then.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:48 am

Technospaz wrote:
Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been caught by the speedcam on the ECP heading east (after the Ben Sheares bridge) where it's 70kmh?

I see cars speeding there quite often and I'm wondering if the cam actually catches them?

the camera is always facing towards the city.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:00 am

eiji wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

the camera is always facing towards the city.

Yeah, which can be tricky since the road leading up to the camera is downhill and cars naturally accelerate. I've gone past 70 a few times but never heard a peep.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 am

because its really stupid to enforce speed limit downhill. everyone will just be feathering their brakes non stop.

in other countries, a police speed trap downhill can be contended as entrapment and in violation of dangerous driving, as its argued in court and the argument won when the defendant stated that driving downhill and keeping your eyes on the speedometer just to keep within speed limits is more dangerous than having your eyes on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:36 am

eiji wrote:
because its really stupid to enforce speed limit downhill. everyone will just be feathering their brakes non stop.

in other countries, a police speed trap downhill can be contended as entrapment and in violation of dangerous driving, as its argued in court and the argument won when the defendant stated that driving downhill and keeping your eyes on the speedometer just to keep within speed limits is more dangerous than having your eyes on the road.

When has traffic enforcement been intelligent?
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm

I had 8 points deducted & a $170 fine for going @ 90+ along Tampines Ave 10 just outside Temasek Poly ~ heard from some friends that the overhead bridges along that stretch is a hot spot as well...... Friends residing in the Tampines estate tend to avoid that stretch whenever possible.

BTW, was @ Jln Kayu for prata some nights back and noticed that the parking wardens not only look out for expired coupons but also expired road tax discs as well. There was this parking warden who dished out a digi cam happily snapping away at the parking coupons & RT discs ~ I reckon both were expired....

White Flag
Back to top Go down
supermaninunder
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
supermaninunder

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:08 pm

just wondering, where's the camera for the KPE?
Seems like everyone is cruising past me on the KPE man.. and i'm the only one keeping to the speed limit of 70km/h coz i don't know where the camera is Sad
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 pm

supermaninunder wrote:
Seems like everyone is cruising past me on the KPE man.. and i'm the only one keeping to the speed limit of 70km/h coz i don't know where the camera is Sad

From reading car forums, the speed cameras are mounted in gray metallic boxes about 50 M past the first warning sign that warns motorist that the area has speed cameras. Apparently these gray boxes are very obvious.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 am

supermaninunder wrote:

Watch out for big grey boxes that are mounted high up on the wall nearest to lane 1 after the speed warning sign.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speeding Fine   Speeding Fine - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speeding Fine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2