Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendation for ladies driver and putter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cheazoo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Recommendation for ladies driver and putter Empty
PostSubject: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Any good recommendations for a beginner?

thinking of getting a decent driver and putter to help improve my game, but i'm quite new to the specs like shaft length and all that. want to know how to choose a driver and putter suitable for me.
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:14 pm

A mallet putter is easier to putt and good to start with. I recommend Gauge Design (hard to find in Spore)as alot of female Korean Pros are using or bettinardi C-05 (also rare in Spore) or buy Odyssey or Taylormade locally . I am using one Limited Edition (if u wana see the pics, I can PM u) Buy a better quality putter and practise with it so that u need not change when ur game improves after a while. In my opinion, putters are Unisex, be the head weight is 340gram, 350 or 360grams, ladies shld be able to handle. Choose a brand and design u like.

Drivers - For men, the head weight is about 240gram (460cc) , for women, lesser (not sure). Try Taylormade Driver (regular flex shaft). TM is suitable for asian. Women use shaft with a lighter weight. TM Superfast Burner (ladies) is light and quite forgiving. The length of the shaft is 1 to 1.5 inch longer. If u cant handle after hitting it with few hundred balls, cut 1inch. Then again, beginner shld keep practising to develop a correct swing so that u are able to hit the ball sweet. Direction and distanc at this moment is not really important. Needs to be patient with this lovely game.

Hope my feedback helps.
Back to top Go down
dsia71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dsia71

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 pm

I recommend Ena driver. My wife and Sis sworn by it. Putter try odessy.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Ladies any recommendation for drivers?

tried Ping Rhapsody quite like it
tried PK's Cleveland Hiborne men's head driver with ladies shaft quite fun too...

but how to find e correct driver?
few hundreds bucks for a driver but also dun wan to end up with e wrong one and have to buy another...

goin to try out Cobra driver this sat....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Go to a fitter would be best to get a close fit to yr requirements.
BFG or Wizgolf are places to consider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for ladies driver and putter   Recommendation for ladies driver and putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for ladies driver and putter
Page 1 of 1