Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver Shaft Recommendation

Go down 
+3
solarpop
dmateo
harimau
7 posters
AuthorMessage
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

Driver Shaft Recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 am

Hello Everyone,

Another noob question here. What Driver Shaft brand would you guys recommend?

Understand that there are many factors that needs to be taken into consideration when choosing the right shaft, but considering same specs, which brand should I go for?

Been to a few shops and done some google, and there are just so many to choose from.

I need to change my shaft because the stock one I bought is the wrong type of flex for me and I don't want to end up making a mistake buying some fiberglass China composite that costs a bomb.

So far have been recommended Motore Fujikura, MBR? or something?

How much should I be spending on average? I don't mind spending a bit (but not too much too) on this and I am looking for quality
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 am

you need to contact a club fitter for this. BFG is one of the best place to go and ask.
They have outlet (not sure if this is the correct term) in both Bukit Merah and Keppel (driving range).

Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:17 am

Without knowing exactly what it is you want, ie high or low launch, high or low spin, smooth or stout, budget, etc. it is impossible to make any recommendation...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:18 am

Get fitted by a professional clubfitter with the right shaft for you and the price you pay would be worth every penny.

just buying base on internet reviews or friend's recommendation is the worst advice you should listen to or believe in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:21 am

The course marshall has spoken and thus I suggest you follow it to the dot to avoid being banished forever to neverland j/k.
Back to top Go down
harimau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
harimau

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Understand the different specs and what not...

I just want to know what brand are some of the reliable ones
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:25 am

If you're just interested in knowing the specs of the different shafts, there's plenty of info on the web if you're willing to google.

Few of the more established manufacturers are Mitsubishi Rayon, Matrix, Aldila, Fujikura, Graphite Design, Oban, Project X, and UST Mamiya. My personal favs are the first 2.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Or u can take a practical approach n try out ur kakis shaft to get a feel on which weight n flex works for u.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Or u can take a practical approach n try out ur kakis shaft to get a feel on which weight n flex works for u.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree , u can take a practical approach n try out ur kakis shaft to get a feel on which weight n flex works for u.
Back to top Go down
gadgetbearFN2R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
gadgetbearFN2R

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 pm

I Suggest seeing a clubfitter to be fitted for the shaft. the experience of Being put on a launch monitor is priceless. In most cases, Ballspeed, launch angle, spin Rate and smash factor are things to look out for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theos-blah.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver Shaft Recommendation   Driver Shaft Recommendation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver Shaft Recommendation
Page 1 of 1