Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)

Go down 
+27
Derek
klt8144
TigaWood
gbrian
mUAr_cHEe
Winston
TheFocalPoint
sunny
chocoman
asahi
PinkPanther
ginn
wilkang
Duval_S
Birdman
and68low
Tituman
poresia
daveaha
nientsu
eiji
ChrisD
pushslice
mizzy
botak
JonL_TK
AJTAURUS
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

AM quite free this 2 months.

Dont mind working on the logistics of it.

But ah......wat would u guys prefers??

6 - 8 of the best go there to play??? or...

one big bunch of noisy people going there to play and be rowdy..????
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

would be good if we can be spectators.. otherwise it would be a little less exciting
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 pm

U wanna play or wanna spectate??
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 pm

nientsu wrote:
AM quite free this 2 months.

Dont mind working on the logistics of it.

But ah......wat would u guys prefers??

6 - 8 of the best go there to play??? or...

one big bunch of noisy people going there to play and be rowdy..????

Big bunch will be more fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:25 pm

nientsu wrote:
U wanna play or wanna spectate??

play would be good. but if the best of the best play, it would be nice if we are allowed to follow like the PGA.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:26 pm

OK.....close your eyes....and imagine:

A full load of golfers board bus at golden mile.....towards Melaka...for the show down.

We depart N-2 days before the main event, upon arrival, we check into the hotel and freshen up, to proceed for pre-main event......all full load of golfers get the swing going

At nite, we stuff ourselves with the Peranakan food and wash it down with beer while listening to Portugesse music.

Next morning, all gather in morning..and then 2nd round of 27 holes......all just to ensure that we map out every single spot so as to ensure our GR Golfers know every single break.

SLURPPPPPP!!!!

Oops...wake up liao
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 pm

if we are doing this, i propose that the competition be limited to the better golfers, but we can leave slots open for casual golfers to join in and partake in friendly games with the GK/ malaysia counterparts in mixed flights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Quote :
eiji wrote:
if we are doing this, i propose that the competition be limited to the better golfers, but we can leave slots open for casual golfers to join in and partake in friendly games with the GK/ malaysia counterparts in mixed flights.

Definitely.....with this, I will join the frenly games
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
eiji wrote:

great idea. have a competition side and a casual side.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

1st Malaysia

Next Thailand,

Then....Japan ...here we come!!!!

(pinch me to wake me up)
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Just some thoughts...

1. Any time period preferred?
2. How many people shall we limit it to? (Rough guage??)
3. You guys comfortable living in serviced appts?
4. Do we have the go-ahead from Sunny and Moon. This one ar......most impt ah!!!
5. How long do we want to be in KL? 2 days? 3 Days? 4 days? 1 week!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 pm

mizzy wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
eiji wrote:

great idea. have a competition side and a casual side.

Just have fun la!! no need to seperate it...... competition, winning or losing is secondary... having fun, making new friends and enjoy the day out is the primary objective.... relax and enjoy the outing!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Quote :
nientsu wrote:
Just some thoughts...

1. Any time period preferred?
2. How many people shall we limit it to? (Rough guage??)
3. You guys comfortable living in serviced appts?
4. Do we have the go-ahead from Sunny and Moon. This one ar......most impt ah!!!
5. How long do we want to be in KL? 2 days? 3 Days? 4 days? 1 week!!! Rolling Eyes

My bias view only (hahahha...bias)

1. Dec will be good. why leh? Because some of us are papa liao...Dec don need to fetch kid to school
2. the more the merrier....the key will be advance notice
3. I am comfortable living there as long as not with those who had caused your bum ached.
4. Sunny/Moonie ....????
5. Free and Easy lah....say 2 days for game and after that is free and easy.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Duval! I didn't know you get bum aches! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Quote :
mizzy wrote:
Duval! I didn't know you get bum aches! Suspect

not me lah......its the person asking the question lah. just like my drives....I am straight...hahahaha
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Wat does serviced appts got to do with Bum-aches???
Back to top Go down
gbrian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
gbrian

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Guys,
Any plan?
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:47 am

eiji wrote:

I concur.....the better golfers must carry the Singapore Flag or per say the GR Flag. I suggest showdown in the morning and those guys with higher handicaps play with GK's higher hdcp in the afternoon. Any thoughts...?
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:22 am

i dun mind taking part as a casual golfer but will be starting new job on 01 Sept so will only be available after end Nov so hope this Competition will happen after Dec.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 am

actually Dec will be good...enough time to plan, for folks here, we can bundle it with family program to chiong up north

PS: Actually for me is to have enough time to train abit.....to partake in the 'amateur' section
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:57 am

Duval_S wrote:
actually Dec will be good...enough time to plan, for folks here, we can bundle it with family program to chiong up north

PS: Actually for me is to have enough time to train abit.....to partake in the 'amateur' section

I agree, we can tie in with the Dec school holidays in case those with kids who want to partake in the tournament. I guess we can start a poll on the location e.g. Orna or Tiara in Malacca?
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:47 am

I agree, as this is suposed to be friendly game,.. I suggest that all can go as normal events, but challenge will only be represented by best 2 flt-GR vs best 2 flt GK..then everbody will get to enjoy the game whether low or high handicapper..
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:22 pm

great idea to include family members for the outing. Once we introduced our spouses to GR, maybe we can get to play more golf...kekeke
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm

how about total strokes (gross) of top 10 golfers from each team?
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:56 pm

gbrian wrote:
Guys,
Any plan?

Hi Brian,

First & foremost, thank you for your initiative to kick start the friendly match-up.
Based on the responses, i beleive we can and will look forward to this gathering between GR & GK.

Let us organise ourselves and hopefully kick start this event in Nov or Dec.

Meanwhile..i will PM you my email and feel free to contact me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next