Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)

Go down 
+27
Derek
klt8144
TigaWood
gbrian
mUAr_cHEe
Winston
TheFocalPoint
sunny
chocoman
asahi
PinkPanther
ginn
wilkang
Duval_S
Birdman
and68low
Tituman
poresia
daveaha
nientsu
eiji
ChrisD
pushslice
mizzy
botak
JonL_TK
AJTAURUS
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 am

Paging jblow... Tim, how are your knees holding up?

Looking at our forum's demographic for gr pool of talent or not so talented: I see the tmcc duo, the keppel games patrons, The nsrcc weekday bros, TM sluts, tour issued sluts, the gr monthly game players, the jb hordes, my golf kaki mid to high cappers (occ/mbgc), the marketplace-only posters, golfjoy, seasoned beginners, real beginners, the humorous ones e.g kopi towkay and puteh83, indon based bros, Bva/ssn group, bfg loyalist, rss adoptees, and largest of all, the silent majority.

I hope im not missing anyone again...(pros excluded). Represent!

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 am

ginn wrote:
If you guys are planning to have this challenge/tournament etc with www.mygolf.com.my forum, I can try to link it up. Uncle Botak can link up as well I think.

thanks!

Can be done... mygolf.com.my also got quite a few dedicated mods
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:42 am

PinkPanther wrote:
Count me in if this game is on Smile

You can be the anchor... pls bring those 2 friends in your avatar along too. They'll make great cheerleaders Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:13 pm

I am not good enough to partake in the games, but if time permits i will volunteer my help in the organising.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 pm

If u guys are looking to have fun regardless of standards, with our kl mates. I don mind organizing.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 pm

pushslice wrote:
Paging jblow... Tim, how are your knees holding up?

Looking at our forum's demographic for gr pool of talent or not so talented: I see the tmcc duo, the keppel games patrons, The nsrcc weekday bros, TM sluts, tour issued sluts, the gr monthly game players, the jb hordes, my golf kaki mid to high cappers (occ/mbgc), the marketplace-only posters, golfjoy, seasoned beginners, real beginners, the humorous ones e.g kopi towkay and puteh83, indon based bros, Bva/ssn group, bfg loyalist, rss adoptees, and largest of all, the silent majority.

I hope im not missing anyone again...(pros excluded). Represent!

indon bros?? how about a 3 way? SG/MY/IDN?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm

After YOG, can help out in bit role.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 pm

we can challenge the indon bros ala President Cup!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:33 pm

as the originator this idea, i could link up with GK as I know some of them. We can start planning now and have it going six months later as it invloves alot of work. FYI most of their players age ranges from 30 to 50......
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:19 pm

AJTAURUS wrote:
FYI most of their players age ranges from 30 to 50......
Aka Buayas!
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 am

Duval_S wrote:
ACtually, if we do foresee such ' challenge' thrown to us, then maybe we can start contemplating doing some ranking or internal monthly medal among us.

Some considerations:
1. having a secure access to report scores for interested members
2. monthly medal to be 'opt-in' where if one want to be considered , then one needs to opt in, the rest can be play frenly frenly

who knows, maybe in xxxxxxxx months time, GR is ready to takeon other clubs...(err....am I drinking too much again)

Spot on
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Just to be kaypoh a little... I could see there are lots of interest in having a friendly/challenge match across the border, may I suggest a few pointers to get it going..

1. All the yellow names (like Bridman and Eiji) get together and asked for permission from the Boss of GR aka "sunny and Missmoon" for the use of the name "Golf Republic Team" if ok..

2. Sunny or Missmoon to write a formal letter to Gk or other Org. to state the intention i.e a friendly match- one home ground and one away match, max no. of players per team, format of play. Suggest a golf location, Objective of the game ie. to form comaraderia amongst fellow golfers

3. the easy part, golfers to participate.

4. Golfers to contribute to the cost of running and organising the event!

5. Have fun!!

Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:03 pm

We are certainly supportive and it is alright to form a team under GR's banner.

However, as we are kind of busy with work, we'll need volunteers to take this up. Ie. Selecting captain, manager, coaches, team members( by division) and training coordinators.

I can help by writing to GK or others.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:44 pm

sunny wrote:

However, as we are kind of busy with work, we'll need volunteers to take this up. Ie. Selecting captain, manager, coaches, team members( by division) and training coordinators.

Great ! the first step taken !!!! Now for the second steps "the Leap of Faith" ! BIRDMAN AND EIJI for the Captain and the Deputy!!

GRians, they might just need that little push ! show your hands!!! Support Support!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi all,

Can i register my interest in this event? I hope that i can participate.. we can have group training sessions or anything the captain orders.. Smile

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm

and68low wrote:
sunny wrote:

Great ! the first step taken !!!! Now for the second steps "the Leap of Faith" ! BIRDMAN AND EIJI for the Captain and the Deputy!!

GRians, they might just need that little push ! show your hands!!! Support Support!

I second your motion bro Andrew. cheers
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:52 pm

If you guys somehow decide to organise it in Vietnam, I am more than happy to help in the logistics... What a Face
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Wah Andrew, I am not worthy, I will be team waterboy!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm

eiji wrote:
Wah Andrew, I am not worthy, I will be team waterboy!

Eiji.. wat you think i am doing ! I am WATERBOY cum captain also..... can la, take the leap of faith! GRian need you and Birdman..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 pm

captain and deputy only need to delegate. no need to play well. u do not see ryder cup captains playing for the team, right?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Amazing....

When I joined this forum, it was the monthly game which was and still very frenly and social...

then we have the charity..wah!! this one quite serious becos the prizes fm our grateful sponsors getting better and better-er

and then, suddenly the surfacing of the ABS Sistas...where many victims are still suffering fm unknown trauma....

and then, WTF, there is this ridiculous Saddam 'somebody' who i see in the mirror .....(FAINT!!)

and recently, the affiliation to the BT corporate events....WOW!!!!!!

and now, the potential arrival of 'engaging' of other forums !!!!!

AMAZING..how things have progress

Guess the next will be (quoting Tiger)..... ' HELLO WORLD!!! '
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 pm

sure, i honestly don't mind if my schedule allows, not sure if Birdman is free though, he is one busy bird with many nests to tend to.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 pm

eiji wrote:
sure, i honestly don't mind if my schedule allows, not sure if Birdman is free though, he is one busy bird with many nests to tend to.

Dont worry about that "one busy bird"... he can only long long one time and one time long long, so he should be able to measure up!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:10 pm

V-Capt Eiji,

I like to nominate myself

to help out in logistics or any areas of help. If need to, I can give motivational talks to the equipments....inclusing steps to contain unnecessary wastage of good shots.

Like I tell my boss..............there is no task that is too small for me,... only too big.
Back to top Go down
gbrian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
gbrian

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Dear all,
sorry to interrupt.
This thread was highlighted by one of my member, which is your member too.
If you guys would like to have a game between singapore and malaysia, we can work something out.

I'm representing www.MyGolf.com.my
Since we had same sponsors, Acushnet, we hope to have a game together under the same umbrella.

I've spoken with Acushnet regarding this and they are quite open to it.

Do let me know if you guys are interested too.

We can be the organiser in order to kick start this.

Cheers!
Brian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next