Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)

Go down 
+27
Derek
klt8144
TigaWood
gbrian
mUAr_cHEe
Winston
TheFocalPoint
sunny
chocoman
asahi
PinkPanther
ginn
wilkang
Duval_S
Birdman
and68low
Tituman
poresia
daveaha
nientsu
eiji
ChrisD
pushslice
mizzy
botak
JonL_TK
AJTAURUS
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
gbrian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
gbrian

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:14 pm

wilkang wrote:
gbrian wrote:
Guys,
Any plan?

Hi Brian,

First & foremost, thank you for your initiative to kick start the friendly match-up.
Based on the responses, i beleive we can and will look forward to this gathering between GR & GK.

Let us organise ourselves and hopefully kick start this event in Nov or Dec.

Meanwhile..i will PM you my email and feel free to contact me.

Hi Wil,
Thanks for your reply.
REplied you pm.

thx.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

this could be one of our GR monthly games
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:49 pm

zhenxua wrote:

Woah ! locally you are well known liao, now want to make a "statement" up North also ! You be our Captain hor we follow ! Ooops will the singapore MFA object or not ! better ask for informal approval first!
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:00 pm

capt, im just thinking of taking this opportunity to make some pocket money lah ... by providing transportation services to bros that dun wanna drive up north ...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

SMRT so desperate for extra business meh?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

zhenxua wrote:

You lead.....I will follow you... Beer
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 pm

zhenxua wrote:
capt, im just thinking of taking this opportunity to make some pocket money lah ... by providing transportation services to bros that dun wanna drive up north ...

U treat ur bros like pigs ah? Still want to charge for transport. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:00 pm

but I really met a guy who charged me for taking his car to play golf in JB ...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 pm

zhenxua wrote:

So our problem???
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

duffader wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

So our problem???

I am lost for words for awhile ....but manage to find some words.... ZX, you are "the best of its kind"

Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:51 pm

i hope my joke is not too stale, capt Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

ZX you should start this to avoid ppl to take advantages that its the driver duty to pick them thru and flo for the game. Note, petrol is not cheap nowadays.

We used to played golf with several kakis and they are automatic enough to head to the driver's home for transport to JB for an early game. this is to avoid having the driver to wake up an hour or so earlier to make arrangement to pick up the passenger.

Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

due to us playing in poresia every saturday and almost the same kakis played together. we split the costs.

we will park all our cars at 1 point and the driver will pick all from there.

we split the costs by one paying singapore toll, one paying malaysia toll n the last passenger pay for breakfast n kopi.

Driver pay nothing except petrol.

we also take turns to drive for those with cars that can take 4 bags.

those with cars who an take 3 bags will drive when there r 3 golfers.

no hard n fast rule but everyone just automatic a bit.

Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Poresia,

Agreed. I have serveral groups of kakis and 1 group usually do the same as your side.
Too bad there are always ppl who are not automatic and deem that the driver should pay for everything, Whenever i sit ppl car to malaysia, I will pay for the toll fees , etc... even though i will normally drive up to the driver house to meet up.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 am

ChrisD wrote:
Poresia,

Agreed. I have serveral groups of kakis and 1 group usually do the same as your side.
Too bad there are always ppl who are not automatic and deem that the driver should pay for everything, Whenever i sit ppl car to malaysia, I will pay for the toll fees , etc... even though i will normally drive up to the driver house to meet up.

This was what we did in a previous forum. Going thru JB checkpoint, passengers contribute RM10. If 2nd Link, then its RM20 per person. Excess or shortage, driver at least got some compensation for his troubles. Like to see this becomes automatic in GR because some people are just too 'buay tze tong'
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

sorry guys, din expect to open a can of worms
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:00 pm

my dear zx... wad did u expect then?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 pm

His quite pro in opening can of worms, at first saddam, now transport want to earn pocket money.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Actually I do agree with sharing the costs of driving up north. This is not about earning pocket money but to cover part of the costs. Besides toll and petrol, there is regular maintenance, wear and tear, etc. If one keeps ferrying others and still pay for everything, then it doesn't make sense.

For my group, each pax pays S$10 since we always go in via Tuas. If we travel on holiday to Malacca or KL, then the driver doesn't even have to pay anything as the costs will be shared among the other folks.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 pm

might as well move the latest 10 posts to a new thread about cost sharing. As for me, as long as I dun have to go out of the way to pick up, I dont expect any sharing. Toll/petrol/wear & tear is irrelevant for me bcoz riders or no riders, I'd still spend it bcoz I'd still drive my car to JB.

this thread was originally about GR/GK Ryder CUP.

thanks to ZX Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)   RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RYDER CUP TYPE FORMAT COMPETITION BETWEEN GR (GOLF REPUBLIC) AND GK (GOLF KAKI MALAYSIA)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5