Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses

Go down 
+5
slinger
nrafee
sunny
Gray
aural
9 posters
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses Empty
PostSubject: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Usually what and how many clubs you bring for the above.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:45 pm

depends on the distance of each par 3 and the distance you shoot with each club.

Some people need even driver, some just need putter and a 7iron.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:47 pm

like those nsrcc par 3?

I think it is a good idea to use only 1 club.

Get to know your club intimately. After all, score dun count. You start to learn a lot about your club.

Next week, go back with a different club.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Gray wrote:
depends on the distance of each par 3 and the distance you shoot with each club.

Some people need even driver, some just need putter and a 7iron.

That was what I was told. 2 clubs. If longest hole is 180m I guess still need 3 right? 7 iron, sand ( or a fav wedge) + putter.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm

hmm... i brought my whole bag.. less driver..

come to think of it.. i only use 7iron, pw, putter, sand and my hybrid..
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm

nrafee wrote:
hmm... i brought my whole bag.. less driver..

come to think of it.. i only use 7iron, pw, putter, sand and my hybrid..

Lol, still have variations no matter how. Cannot be one 7I wack all the way also wat. Later our 7I get the sand marks how T_T
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:28 pm

5i, 7i, pw, sw n putter....

may not reach all par3s but can use pw n sw to practise your pitching/chipping (<30m)
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:10 pm

must bring driver...go for one on the par 4 Executive. Why driver since only 2 par 4 there?...if nobody there, just keep teeing up and tee off. Teeing off at the range is easier, you got the mat and divider for alignment, the mat is flat and hard, the mat makes i easier to set your distance from the ball, the tee is always the same height and the grass out there is wide, even a off line drive looks good.

Executive course is for practicing all kinds of shots. Very good place to practice the 3 wood. Drop 6-7 balls and try ur 3 wood. You will never get the same chance in a real course. Its totally different from the hard mat on the range.

bring all ur wedges. Where else can you practice the 50m-60m shot, take a proper divot and aim for the flag. Wonder how its alway perfect at the range, within 5m of the basket but on the course, you cant even land on the green? swing on a down slope, up slope, side slope..... try the flop shot, try for the back spin, try the chip and roll.......

putter on the other hand, the Executive greens are quite flat and in very poor conditions.

Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 pm

The Par 3 courses at Emirates Golf club have holes as long as 194 yds. The one at Dubai Creek has holes maxed at 130 yds. However, if I'm in the mood to practice course management, I just bring a 7, 8, 9, PW, SW and putter, and play lay up on longer holes, work on my chipping with 8,9,PW, etc

If i'm playing at Emirates Golf Club's Par 3 course, I usually just bring my 5i, 7i, 9i, SW and putter. If I'm playing at Dubai Creek's Par 3, then I just bring a 9i, SW and putter.

Matter of doing your homework and bringing the right clubs based on what you want to practice, unless you're planning to par every hole, in which case you can bring your full bag and have more precision, or be damn good at 1/2, 3/4 and full swings in controlling flight and distance

Executive course doesn't count, since JCC Exec course has some decently long holes where a driver is useful. Then again, one can play 2 5 iron shots and still reach the green, so it is a matter of whether you want to practice 1 long club, and 1 short club, or two medium clubs.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 pm

One good practise to do at Par 3's course is to tee off without the tee and treat every shot from the tee box like it was a second/approach shot to the green.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Isn't that what you're doing these days? Wink
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 pm

NO. I tee it up at Par 3's again.

Tts how I get 3 one on's at Yas remember?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm

oh, so that's your secret. I shall try that next time I play, see if that works for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:50 pm

tried once at nsrcc exec par 3 that have 40-173m distance. test out the "real" distance on a course for a club. better gauge than at driving range in terms of distance. also, trying to get over the "stress" at tee-off. thanks for the tips tee off, will try that next time.

btw, i bring the whole bag to try out diff clubs though shorter clubs are more often, obviously.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 am

That's right. A par 3 course is a great place to improve one's short game. What you can do is to spend an hour working on 7 - SW, including chipping and pitching, then head out to the Par 3 to put what you've practiced into play.

No matter how experienced a player is, practicing on Par 3 courses still has a place in one's improvement programme. Raymond from My Golf Shop once told me, when you can shoot par or better on a par 3, then you get to say it's a waste of time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses   What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What clubs do you bring for par 3 courses
Page 1 of 1