Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???

Go down 
+12
joe
hoelwill
blee67
chemicalpro
Birdman
pushslice
eden
Cyp_PGA
Duval_S
eiji
jaketang
HyBriD
16 posters
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? Empty
PostSubject: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey,

May i ask how many golf clubs do you bring along when you travel oversea?

I am still contemplating how many golf clubs I will be bringing.

A full 14 clubs or 12 clubs?

May i ask your ideas and opinions to this matter?

I have to consider my limited luggage allowance
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 pm

8...last week...

sometimes 9...
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm

jaketang wrote:
8...last week...

sometimes 9...

could you elaborate which clubs did you bring along with?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

i brought 11 clubs, regretted not bringing any FW, some of the par4s was 420m....

in my bag

driver
2 hybrid (3i,4i)
6-pw
sw and lw
putter
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

go overseas for golf...especially not on business trip but on holiday.....then must bring the best of the best ...ie my own 'competitive' set. Pay money liao, no logic to play bad mah....

PS: I hv only one set....
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

full set .... 14 club .......
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 am

i would bring the full set but change to a lighter bag (i have cart bag and stand bag).
clear out the bag and only bring the bare essentials.
- no ball markers (use coins)
- handful of plastic tees (zero fiction almost indestructible)
- only bring a sleeve of ball and buy more if required when i am there.
- jacket instead of umbrella.

remember to wrap a towel around the clubs as protection.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am

if baggage weight is limited, then I'd take only one wedge i.e. SW/56. Then I'd take my strong loft hybrid (17) in place of my 3/5 wood, 22 deg hybrid to replace the 4 iron. My loft spacing would be 10.5, 17, 22, and 27 (5 iron). That makes 11 clubs in total.

btw i have two iron sets, one has strong lofts, the other weak (or std). I carry 3 wedges with a strong lofted set, and 2 wedges/extra hybrid with the weak set. I'd also use a stand bag and don't bring an umbrella.

actually balls are heavy too.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am

for me,

driver
3iron hybrid
6,7,8 iron
PW
58 wedge
putter
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 am

I'm with Eden on this one. Full 14 clubs but in a light a standbag as possible. Only difference is I bring along 12 balls if It's a 4 round trip. Not the smartest thing to do I know, just have never been able to go with just 3 balls only. Gonna revise it down to 5 or 6 now after my last trip, since I came back with half of what I went with. Makes sense to get more balls there if I need them. Makes room for the shopping. Still hunting around for a light yet strong padded travel cover with wheels. Found a possible candidate from OnOff Golf at MST over at Far East Shopping Centre.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:02 am

1 glove.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 am

chemicalpro wrote:
1 glove.

ROFL

For me full set..
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I hate bringing golf set..
so i export...
See my sig..
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joe

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:34 pm

I would bring the whole set excluding the brolly, which makes quite a differnence.

Also, I would bring slightly lesser golf balls and top up from there if need be.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:31 pm

hoelwill wrote:
I hate bringing golf set..
so i export...
See my sig..

wow still can hit a 2 iron, Mizuno MP14 some more..you must be an awesome ball striker.
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:58 pm

have, doesn't mean can hit...
I just like to see people's jaw drop, or white eye balls, when i top with it....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

buaya.......

i saw someone 2iron can fly 210m at least......
Back to top Go down
hoelwill
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
hoelwill

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 pm

wei
Buaya means, pretend pretend, wait for chance to take a big bite on the victim.

so far, i nvr bite anyone wo..
when come to game, i volunteer to give as many strokes as the other party like one wo...

how can i be the buaya...(i am offended, hmp!)
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I went to mission hill and HK for golf, i brought a spare set and regretted it.
I will now always bring my best set...because this is how you are going to enjoy golf to the fullest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 am

SBH,

Arent you afraid of losing yr best set during transfer. So far, on my travel, I will only use spare set.

My setup:
Driver, 3WD, 3H
5-PW
Putter
12 balls

Total-11 pcs. Will try to keep total weight plus luggage to less than 25kg.

Fyi info from Sia on golf check in

Golf Equipment

A standard charge of 6 kg will be applied on the golfing equipment if its weight together with the customer’s other checked baggage exceeds the free allowance entitled to the customer. This will apply up to a maximum excess of 15 kg for the golf bag, after which the normal excess baggage charges will apply. For example, a customer carrying 20 kg of golf equipment will be charged 11 kg - 6 kg standard charge plus the 5 kg after the first 15 kg.

This special charge is only applicable to one set of golf equipment per customer, and one set of golf equipment is deemed to comprise:

* 1 golf bag containing not more than 14 golf clubs
* Maximum of 12 golf balls
* 1 pair of golf shoes
* Golf tees

Any additional golf sets shall be charged according to the standard excess baggage charges.

For travel to/from the USA and/or Canada, each golf set will be considered as a piece of luggage under the piece system, and any excess baggage will be charged.

I
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:49 am

I will agree with SBH that I will bring my current or favourite set of clubs when I go for a golfing holiday.

Full set of clubs too.

My situation here in US is slightly different becos I know I will be getting a new set of clubs here in US which was why I din bring my current set from Sg along.

If you are going for a dream golfing vacation or are gonna spend hundreds playing that world class golf course, why bring clubs that you are not comfortable or as familiar with and ruin the experience?

Unless your clubs are irreplaceable, travel insurance should cover most sets or more in the event of damage or any other way of losing it.

Leave those excess golf balls at home. They only add unnecessary weight to the bag. I travel w 2 sleeves max. I do not know a pro shop which doesn't stock up golf balls so you can always purchase them at your destination. Also, a lightweight stand bag should keep you well under the weight limit even if you game those heavy duty X100 shafts.
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 am

I bring my full set. all 14 clubs, including my scotty cameron tour putter.

the idea is to enjoy your game so i would like to play with my set.

if saving weight is a big issue, perhaps you can consider renting clubs at the club overseas... possible alternative?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???   How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many clubs do you bring when you go oversea???
Page 1 of 1