Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???

Go down 
+18
golf_snowman
katherinechiok
botak
blee67
tims
Ron Lee
sandkie
weesern
wilkang
joleelyn
golfdiva
Right_sided_coach
Duval_S
eden
eiji
aural
Birdman
yuki
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:54 pm

eden wrote:
then we set on blue.
anyone not wearing blue that day >>>> 1 mug of beer

no its one shot of whatever at each drink point. we can clear our snakes debt on the spot, one shot of whatever at the nearest drink point
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:55 pm

On.. btw, let's move our discussion over to the Oakley thread? i think we OT here liao.. haha
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 pm

-
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Shhhh.. I got a plan presentation the next day.. now I am seriously thinking about getting the transport that I was telling Eiji about...
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 am

katherinechiok wrote:
yuki.. i have the same problem, esp for irons. 5,6,7 irons i hit the same distances.
then i asked a low handicapper why my distances so short and same for some irons!
he told me, "get your swing right, hit into the ball, before you talk about distances."

Shocked Shocked Shocked

oops... Then I shall keep on practicing n dun ask le...

But still curious, anxious to learn how to hv diff dist for e diff clubs... : )
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:14 am

yuki wrote:
katherinechiok wrote:
yuki.. i have the same problem, esp for irons. 5,6,7 irons i hit the same distances.
then i asked a low handicapper why my distances so short and same for some irons!
he told me, "get your swing right, hit into the ball, before you talk about distances."

Shocked Shocked Shocked

keke.. i also stop asking liao.. haha.. but i do strongly believe that once ur basics are right, swing plane or wadeva else are right.. ur distances, accuracies will all fall into place.. but but.. that's so damn difficult ! cheers
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 am

Look who's talking...Buayee saying it's difficult..OH PLS!!!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 am

wilkang wrote:

Ya lor, somemore closest to pin winner... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 am

blee2007 wrote:
wilkang wrote:

Ya lor, somemore closest to pin winner... Very Happy

another buaya talking...sigh..here so many buayas...haha !!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:50 am

yuki wrote:
katherinechiok wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

why kind of score do u wanna play?

90+...will u be happy

or hope to play below 90
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 am

slinger wrote:

why kind of score do u wanna play?

90+...will u be happy

or hope to play below 90

this will be very far away to achieve... n definitely if 1 day i can get this score i will be so happy... cheers
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Thats wat the buayees say too, when they are at the first tee box 'negotiating' for strokes. But when they hit 90s, 'Wa!!! I guess today is my lucky day lor!!!' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 pm

nientsu wrote:
Thats wat the buayees say too, when they are at the first tee box 'negotiating' for strokes. But when they hit 90s, 'Wa!!! I guess today is my lucky day lor!!!' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

haha... definitely it wont happen on me... cos every hole i played so far is double par and plus plus... haha...

very newbie... so nientsu dun arrange us with e buayee/buaya.. let us hv a slow pace and learn... pressure n stress starts.... No
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 pm

my wife plays golf, she drives about 160-170m, no fairway wood but only hybrid #4 (22*), then 6i-SW......

assuming all shots are decent (either fairway or 1st rough), the probaility of her hitting GIR is quite remote due to her length of the clubs, thus she will play the higher % shots.....

eg par 4 300m, she will play the driver which will leave her abt 140m to the green, she could use the 4H but she will play abt 100-110m with her 6i or 7i where the fairway will be more generous and away from the greenside hazards, she then chip 30-40m to the green and hoope for 2 putts.... bogey score

every hole she bogey is 18 over, thats a 90 score....

by putting the ball in play, u will not lose strokes to penalties such as water, OB, bunker etc

in addition, u will spend less time looking for your ball in the trees, water etc and more time enjoying the greenery around you.... u pay to play n hope to enjoy your time, and not to be frustrated on a nice sunday afternoon

jmho
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 pm

thanks slinger for the description of how ur wife played... will take note on tat....

but but.... my driver cannot make it.... chipping cannot make it... then for irons on range ball can fly, on course ball jus roll... so when i finish 1 hole... score is so far far away....

so still trying to practice more on course n experience it... learning process... but will use those examples n advice you all mentioned n strive towards it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:33 pm

no one force u to play driver....u can use irons to tee off, as long as its straight, u will be ok

your greatest friend on the golf course is CONFIDENCE

once u have it with your irons, u will only get better....then u move on to the longer clubs
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Wah piang Slinger......is this pure coincidental or just coincidental? your description is macam me leh

AND just to be clear, I have no relationship associaiton with Slinger (ie not his wife)
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:36 pm

slinger advice is gold, its not always about driving it far, although he drives it quite a distance, golf is as much a mental game and strategic game as a a physical one. you can swing it well and far but without the right mental attitude and course management, you wont be playing to your fullest potential.

Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Eiji's advice is also as gold as Slinger's (one is 99.99999999% and the other is 99.999999%)
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Go play big snake small snake. This will seriously test ur course management skills, and put ur ego aside
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Quote :
nientsu wrote:
Go play big snake small snake. This will seriously test ur course management skills, and put ur ego aside

AND that is also as gold as the previous (99.999999999999999999999999999999999%)
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:47 pm

wow, i am glad that the big snake n small snake has enlightened some folks here.....

duval/malcolm, when u free for golf again??????

how about 1 big snake = 1 hr in TNM Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

GULP !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

I know what BIG Snake is, but small snake? Nice to play?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote :
PinkPanther wrote:
I know what BIG Snake is, but small snake? Nice to play?

I think hor...if its just you and Slinger, then quite boring lor....can play 36holes also no catch snake.

BUT if you have me in your flight.....then WAH !!!!.......very happening liao.....I am almost known as the Snake-catcher liao....just lost that title to another 2 bros
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next