Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???

Go down 
+18
golf_snowman
katherinechiok
botak
blee67
tims
Ron Lee
sandkie
weesern
wilkang
joleelyn
golfdiva
Right_sided_coach
Duval_S
eden
eiji
aural
Birdman
yuki
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? Empty
PostSubject: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:46 am

Going to request for some tips from the senior buayee.... Smile HELP

My PW distance about 60-65m.... but hor my the other irons also super consistent lei... about the same distance too...

hv been practising my swing n can get e ball fly high enuf for my PW (defined by myself) which supposingly thinking my swing shld b correct n apply to the other irons.... but all still the same distance ah..... pale White Flag

what is wrong?? scratch scratch

my arms, wrist are weak too, after few swinging with my new clubs my hand will feel tired n distance getting nearer... *faint*

wat exercise to do lei to strengthen the arms n wrist n not in e end having weight lifting arms instead... last time someone suggested me to help ppl massage more n strengthen my wrist... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 2:07 am

Yuki, try swinging a weighted club or get an impact stik. Then you'll be developing your strength and grooving your swing at the same time, all without feeling like you are doing weights.

To strengthen your wrists, tie one end of a metre long rope to a broomstick, and the other end to a weight. Then holding the broomstick horizontal in front of you in both hands, roll up the rope until the weight reaches the broomstick. Do this by alternating wrist rotation of your left and right hands. Start with a weight light enough so you don't sprain your wrists.

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 am

From what I know if my swing is not correct or I use only hands to swing my clubs I may end up having all my irons and maybe even the woods hitting the same distance or very close to each other. So if you are having a coach do check if it is such a case for you. I also realized my course mate( lady) having this problem. So not too sure is it due to her strength her stroke is not that good as she would then be unable to swing the clubs properly resulting.

Just sharing what i saw from my course mate.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 am

See a coach/pro. U might be scooping the ball instead if hitting down with it hence the loss in distance
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:49 am

according to my coach, there are certain moves that a woman can not perform (at all/ as well).
thus it would be better if you approach a pro.

as the power source could be different based on individual physique.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 am

I think that going to Pro will be the best.

But if you want to explore online advice, then maybe you can post your picture so that we can take a look at the physique to give appropriate comments

alternatively, you can join us at the range during SSN....I persoanlly had learnt alot duing these sessions....(including I should focus on gardening)
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 am

Birdman wrote:
Yuki, try swinging a weighted club or get an impact stik. Then you'll be developing your strength and grooving your swing at the same time, all without feeling like you are doing weights.

To strengthen your wrists, tie one end of a metre long rope to a broomstick, and the other end to a weight. Then holding the broomstick horizontal in front of you in both hands, roll up the rope until the weight reaches the broomstick. Do this by alternating wrist rotation of your left and right hands. Start with a weight light enough so you don't sprain your wrists.

Morning Birdman....
So i just take the men's iron and swing is it e same?

wah sei... so chim ah, take broom take rope... hv to search for it lei... hse no broom lei...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 am

Duval_S wrote:

But if you want to explore online advice, then maybe you can post your picture so that we can take a look at the physique to give appropriate comments

ROFL
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:08 am

the other few posts is asking me to find a coach.... i hv one n im taking lessons....

my coach corrected my swing but the distance is always e same... he say as time goes by with my continously swinging n practicing of the consistency, the ball distance will b further after my arms get stronger...

but i swing so much liao always still see the same distance n somemore i tried out my other irons also sama sama distance... so thinking after time pass e distance will get further meh?? or wat other methods n swinging method tat can actually enhance it??
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:11 am

Birdman wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

ROFL

What kind of pics huh.... Full portrait, half portrait, wrist, arms, legs, or................. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 am

yuki wrote:

Morning Birdman....

wah sei... so chim ah, take broom take rope... hv to search for it lei... hse no broom lei...

Can start with men's iron first also, it is heavier, but not by much. Or get a swing sock. It's a weight that you can attach to the end of the club to make it heavier.

No broom means you use vacuum cleaner ah? Broomstick and rope just get from hardware shop lor....
And massaging others just make your friends feel shiok.

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:24 am

Interesting question as yesterday I solved a similar problem with the help of DGMan. My student had the same problem. All clubs going same distance with the irons. Her Driver and woods were significantly longer in comparsion to the irons. After a visit to Big Fish and using the trackman, we tested a few different clubs with different shafts and weights. A noticeable difference was seen by using a heavier club than she was using. The gaps between the different irons increased to around 10 meters and her 7 iron went from 55m carry to 80+ m carry. It confirmed to me that the correct technique combined with the correct equipment will enhance your distance and improve your game. Contrary to most peoples belief, a lighter club is not always the best option for ladies with low strength and power. Maybe DGMan can step in and explain better
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:00 am

Birdman wrote:
yuki wrote:

Morning Birdman....

Can start with men's iron first also, it is heavier, but not by much. Or get a swing sock. It's a weight that you can attach to the end of the club to make it heavier.

No broom means you use vacuum cleaner ah? Broomstick and rope just get from hardware shop lor....
And massaging others just make your friends feel shiok.

so many gadgets ah... swing sock, impact stik....
where hv sell all those things... will like to go n see see look look n see wat it is like....

ya vacuum cleaner lor... taking those ladies dumb bells lei? is it better??
i also tink so tat massaging will only let my friends feel shiok lei... but hor they insisted tat it can help lor... luckily din kanna cheated... lol!
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:39 am

yuki wrote:
Going to request for some tips from the senior buayee.... Smile HELP

My PW distance about 60-65m.... but hor my the other irons also super consistent lei... about the same distance too...

wat exercise to do lei to strengthen the arms n wrist n not in e end having weight lifting arms instead... last time someone suggested me to help ppl massage more n strengthen my wrist... Evil or Very Mad

Hi hi, i am definitely not qualified to be a buayee... but this is my 2 cts from my own experience as a fellow lady golfer.

My PW is also about the same distance as yours. But my other irons do carry different distances. But the gap is only about diff of 5m between each iron.
(I read it somewhere that the ideal diff is about 10m between clubs?? Maybe the pros here can advise if this is true.) Also, i was told to try and swing faster as the clubs gets longer cos otherwise swing speed the same distance also not much diff.

Initially when I started, my clubs were also giving same distance. It starts to improve when your swing gets better and swing speed increases. For me, I was spending like 3 days per week at the range and that help to tone up the muscles. Then I started to see the difference.
(PS: though I am still a short hitter by comparison with some other ladies I have seen.)

Other than that, I am trying to improve my swing to get more lag as I find that helps to give extra yards. I can't quite do it very consistently yet but then this is golf (go-on-learning-forever). alien

As for exercises, I do jogging. I also try to do cardio with medicine ball to strengthen my core
muscles. So far its still work in progress but I'm seeing some results.

At some point when my swing is more matured, I will prob get club fitted so hopefully can leverage on the technology to gain the extra yardage.

Maybe other sistas can share their experience here.

cheers

Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 am

eiji wrote:
U might be scooping the ball instead if hitting down with it hence the loss in distance

I definitely agree with this from my own experience. Before, I was mostly trying to 'lift' the ball rather than swing through and I wasn't able to see any diff in distance.

From my observations at the range, alot of ladies tend to be very 'handsy' as well rather than shoulder rotation and swing through. Maybe thats why the distance is not there.

Last edited by golfdiva on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:50 am

yuki wrote:

my coach corrected my swing but the distance is always e same... he say as time goes by with my continously swinging n practicing of the consistency, the ball distance will b further after my arms get stronger...

Hi Yuki, trust your coach. The advice is true. Distance will improve with technique getting bettter.

And may I also say that accuracy is more important than distance. I used to be so obsessed with distance too becos' I am such a short hitter. The par 5s really can kill me because I can never GIR.

But when you play at the course, nothing matters more than accuracy. Man can hit the ball far but they go OB sometimes. Furthermore, the red tee is well ahead (at least 10 to 20m) and with a good tee shot, sometimes my driver carry is just a few yards behind the guys.

Have fun and hope your game will get better!
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am

you may not be hitting the 'sweet spot'...

in any case, i agree with golf diva. distance is not that impt for us since our red tee boxes are generally much further in front.

there was once i took up the challenge of using 7iron all the way. and yes. i beat the guys.. hahaha=)...

Also, I have come to conclusion that i may not hit as far as them. But i will make up for it by being accurate. =)...(its also called lazy for not hitting the gym)

in any case, i have the same prob as u: the differenc ein distance of my pw n 7i is only 10m. =p
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 am

Actually i think her worries are more of variations in the distance of the various clubs rather than just distance as itself. Just got to get yourself and the clubs merged as one and you can do wonders with them. If you coach prescribed you strength training then you should add more timing into that aspect.
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 am

joleelyn wrote:

there was once i took up the challenge of using 7iron all the way. and yes. i beat the guys.. hahaha=)...
=p

Wah.. you are my idol.. and hmm... now we have another buayee lurking around ... lol!
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Interesting question as yesterday I solved a similar problem with the help of DGMan. My student had the same problem. All clubs going same distance with the irons. Her Driver and woods were significantly longer in comparsion to the irons. After a visit to Big Fish and using the trackman, we tested a few different clubs with different shafts and weights. A noticeable difference was seen by using a heavier club than she was using. The gaps between the different irons increased to around 10 meters and her 7 iron went from 55m carry to 80+ m carry. It confirmed to me that the correct technique combined with the correct equipment will enhance your distance and improve your game. Contrary to most peoples belief, a lighter club is not always the best option for ladies with low strength and power. Maybe DGMan can step in and explain better

I haven learn how to use e driver yet but i tried before n at least driver will be slightly further.

I just bought the Cobra S2 irons which i felt it heavier but i tink is my wrist weak too... still trying to get used to the weight n club. When i improve my swing, will definitely visit the den n get poison... Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:20 am

how come u keep complaining about a weak wrist? you are suppose to keep a flat left wrist during impact, if your wrist is breaking down its a sign that you are scooping and it might be the reason that you are experiencing discomfort in your wrist.

if your current coach isn't helping you, maybe you should seek a second opinion with other coaches. personally i always like a video review of my swing, it shows me plainly what i am doing wrong and how i can work towards correcting those mistakes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

golfdiva wrote:

Also, i was told to try and swing faster as the clubs gets longer cos otherwise swing speed the same distance also not much diff.

For me, I was spending like 3 days per week at the range and that help to tone up the muscles. Then I started to see the difference.
(PS: though I am still a short hitter by comparison with some other ladies I have seen.)

Other than that, I am trying to improve my swing to get more lag as I find that helps to give extra yards. I can't quite do it very consistently yet but then this is golf (go-on-learning-forever). alien

As for exercises, I do jogging. I also try to do cardio with medicine ball to strengthen my core
muscles. So far its still work in progress but I'm seeing some results.

for the swing speed im trying to swing faster but i tink after i see my own swing video, im like so slack in turning... still trying to improve on tat...

last time still hv go range 2-3 times a week, nowadays also slow down on tat... tink hv to start practicing more to train up e muscles..

watch from golf channel on the tips of how to get more lag recently.. haven try it out on range yet...

i only recently start jogging (i hate jogging)... but tink i start jogging is jus trying to slim down.. haha...

overall i tink u have v good self discipline ah... to keep up with the exercises and range visit.. cheers
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 am

Eiji..weak wrist in Yuki's case is not strong enough to maintain the flatness.
Too much flipping.What a Face

Yuki..the ladies have given pretty sound advice.
Distance will come and it's a matter of time when you are more seasoned.
Accuracy is more important.

And get more exposure on the green if possible.
It will slowly but surely changed your mental approach to the game.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

maybe a video of your swing will be good
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

golfdiva wrote:

Hi Yuki, trust your coach. The advice is true. Distance will improve with technique getting bettter.

And may I also say that accuracy is more important than distance. I used to be so obsessed with distance too becos' I am such a short hitter. The par 5s really can kill me because I can never GIR.

But when you play at the course, nothing matters more than accuracy. Man can hit the ball far but they go OB sometimes. Furthermore, the red tee is well ahead (at least 10 to 20m) and with a good tee shot, sometimes my driver carry is just a few yards behind the guys.

Have fun and hope your game will get better!

haha... ya my ball sure wont OB n lost... cos e ball distance is so near tat i can jus see it... ROFL

problem is i dun noe how to play my driver.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???   Help Ladies!!! How to swing further??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Ladies!!! How to swing further???
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next