Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)

Go down 
+33
Duval_S
Jax
laybeedlang
eiji
scotty2010
chezYvon
blee67
yuki
St. MIG
motokah
jd8
xtxtxtling
oned10t
peter.golfer
Birdman
katherinechiok
joshcct
vyvy
mysticsea
mtbdude74
daveaha
sunny
RonHo
joleelyn
nientsu
ChrisD
PK
wilkang
VV
garfield
zhenxua
eden
missmoon
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:33 pm

wilkang wrote:
I was hopeful when i saw the ball flight...but the sudden disappointment caused an outburst of laughter which was totally unintended.. Laughing Laughing

But i had my retribution on the same hole by topping my shot and landing on the drop zone.. Embarassed

Notice I dindn't laugh???? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Whoa! Sounds like kungfu golf you guys having. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:34 pm

asahi wrote:
Whoa! Sounds like kungfu golf you guys having. Haha.

You should have been there. One of the most entertaining rounds of golf I have had in a very long time with so many different weather conditions requiring all kinds of mental and physical adjustments to the constantly changing playing conditions. Dry to wet, to very wet, to not so wet, to wet and warm. Enough to drive anyone mad. Play until we start to lose count of the snakes towards the end, that's how much the changing weather was affecting all of us.

Is this what all the buayas/buayees mean when they say they going for mountain training? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:37 pm

zhenxua wrote:
what about my good work on inspiring all my sixes team mates to play well? Face Hug

Hahaha.... Did our partnership start on that hole where I got the slam dunk? I remember you saying that very same phrase but can't remember which hole.

So your support only come from behind one is it? affraid
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 pm

mysticsea wrote:
had a enjoyable time...
thanks nientsu for organising...
1d10t and scotty2010, u guys were great company... Beer

i had a jolly good time with you and scotty2010 too and would like to take this opportunity to thank nientsu for organising such a wonderful trip but
the only regret i had is missed the "SPOTmassage" arranged by wilkang, must go next time
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Birdman wrote:
eden wrote:
wilkang wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
wilkang wrote:
eden wrote:
wilkang wrote:
Oh ya...that too was impressive.. Laughing

thank you for your kind support... jocolor

And also Par 3 nearest to pin for a birdie...long downhill shot. Very Happy

tat one lost to birdman's slamdunk lah Basketball

hahaha...all i heard was.."Oh Shit!!!"...ball proceeds to hit the flag and into the cup... Laughing Laughing

Yah loh...dont u just hate it..when people go "NB, Oh Shit" and then u see their ball go in for birdie??
Birdman can change his nick to "Hao Lian" pig

In the words of many many buayas/buayees... "that one heng ah.." Really! Wanted a little bit more run to get the ball to the hole but gave it too much juice. The moment I hit, I knew it. That's why I "NB, oh shit!". Next second, one bounce on the green, hit the the pin and slam dunk straight in.

That sure felt good! (With due apologies to my opponents). Made up for all the pars that ended the first pairing of sixes after 4 holes, of which I was at the receiving end.

Eden, sorry sorry, forgot about your shot. That one fantastic. Curl around the cliff, over small stream and onto the green near the pin tucked onto a small corner with bunker in front. At that time too shell shocked, so my memory erased the unfortunate episode (for me).

But it was one of the most fun and memorable rounds of golf I've had in a long time. All thanks to my flight mates, Eden (shotshaping NTP Champion), ZhenXua (long driving par par monster), and Wilkang (250m downhill 3 wooder over the green into the water snake eater).

Many flubs and fantastic shots with hot sun, heavy downpour, cooling weather, drizzle, then hot sun again, all in one round of golf. Crazy crazy day! But so very fun!

Wah lao, Birdman, now I know playing with Eden, Wilkang and Zhenhua must ask for strokes liao.. haha
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 pm

OK....quick hands, quick legs....what is the current queue number to play with either Eden, ZhenXua, Wilkang or Bird????//

Can I be next ?
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Duval_S wrote:
OK....quick hands, quick legs....what is the current queue number to play with either Eden, ZhenXua, Wilkang or Bird????//

Can I be next ?

Aiya for Zhenhua and Wilkang very easy one.. just start a thread asking for people to play.. they will put down one.. lol!

Eden a bit difficult now.. unless you go where he is going soon.. hehe
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Birdman wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
what about my good work on inspiring all my sixes team mates to play well? Face Hug

Hahaha.... Did our partnership start on that hole where I got the slam dunk? I remember you saying that very same phrase but can't remember which hole.

the miracle shots and birdies were made during partnership with me, you say leh What a Face
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:48 pm

blee2007 wrote:

Wah lao, Birdman, now I know playing with Eden, Wilkang and Zhenhua must ask for strokes liao.. haha

Hahaha.... blee2007, I heard you quite the strong player too. Keep the sheepskin in the closet and come play with them la...

First thing only all ask for strokes? I don't think you have to worry when playing these three. Only worry when you don't bring your A game and they have theirs. The company alone with them was worth the while, and all bets were small and friendly. I may have listed the fantastic play, but each and everyone one of us had our beginner moments too. In fact, too many to list. But in the interest of friendship, I shall not list them unless they themselves do so. The ribbing shall be confined to the golf course during the game itself. Suffice to say, one hole there were 8 snakes between the four of us. You go figure how many balls in the water, bunker, and three putts there were for us all lor? That was an extremely funny hole. Only wish there was video of it to share, sure laugh until die. We did...

There have been many attempts to list the buayas and buayees amongst us, let me be the first to name the ones (I have had the privilege of playing with) who play with honour, integrity, and all fairness in this dignified game that is golf. I will also start a separate thread on this.

Not in any order of merit:

!. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji

Last edited by Birdman on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Quote :
Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

Hahaha.... blee2007, I heard you quite the strong player too. Keep the sheepskin in the closet and come play with them la...

First thing only all ask for strokes? I don't think you have to worry when playing these three. Only worry when you don't bring your A game and they have theirs. The company alone with them was worth the while, and all bets were small and friendly. I may have listed the fantastic play, but each and everyone one of us had our beginner moments too. In fact, too many to list. But in the interest of friendship, I shall not list them unless they themselves do so. The ribbing shall be confined to the golf course during the game itself. Suffice to say, one hole there were 8 snakes between the four of us. You go figure how many balls in the water, bunker, and three putts there were for us all lor? That was an extremely funny hole. Only wish there was video of it to share, sure laugh until die. We did...

There have been many attempts to list the buayas and buayees amongst us, let me be the first to name the ones (I have had the privilege of playing with) who play with honour, integrity, and all fairness in this dignified game that is golf. I will also start a separate thread on this.

!. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji

wah...this list....I nominate myself

Summary of skill-less - ness:

Driver: Can exceed red tee = all times
Irons: Short = most times
Short game = Lucky most times
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 pm

zhenxua wrote:
Birdman wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

the miracle shots and birdies were made during partnership with me, you say leh What a Face

Then I wish I could put you in my pocket for ever game I play... but you too big to fit in my pocket leh... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 pm

blee2007 wrote:

Let me just add on to my earlier post to say that we played sixes, snakes, and skins. Yet there was no asking for and bargaining of strokes. We just decided simply on the games and the bets, then set out to play, all level.

We were there simply for the golf and camraderie, not to win.

And I just realized how refreshing that is, not having to go through the rigmarole of haggling for strokes, especially when we implicitly know that it is an attempt to gain an immediate edge of one over the other.

Thanks Eden, Zhenxua, and WIlkang for letting me experience the true spirit of the game all over again.

Disclaimer - next time won't be so stupid oredi, or sure kena slaughter one. ROFL
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Dear all,

Please send me the pictures that can be uploaded to GR FB Page.
Organiser please help to gather the pictures for me too.. Razz

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 am

Birdman what's the disclaimer all abt.
I thought u won it all. Hahaha still enjoy playing with you.
Cos can talk bird langauge all the way till 18th hole.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:32 am

Thanks bro, and I enjoyed playing with you too, especially seeing you pull out all the stops and go for garang shots.

Disclaimer important ma.... doesn't work when one comes up against buayas and buayees. Then I also need to protect myself, or this bird kena roasted, eaten, and the bones get spit out.

Only that day with you bro that I won, this time I lost two sixes. Zhenxua mojo very strong, Even if he don't play well, somehow he inspire his teammate to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Evidence is that I only won one sixes, when I partner him, and that was also the time I slam dunk for birdie. When he partner Eden, Eden made that magic slice to the green near the pin.

So you say la...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am

missmoon wrote:
Dear all,

Please send me the pictures that can be uploaded to GR FB Page.
Organiser please help to gather the pictures for me too.. Razz

Thanks!

Yes, madam...

All who take Fotos or peektures.......

Pls either email me, or send to moonie k??
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 am

Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

!. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji

Hi Birdman,

I will be delighted to have a game with you. When? Very Happy

I have the honour of playing with both Wilkang and Zhenhua (only if he don't ask for stokes. hehe) and you are right.. very fun people to play golf with. Generally pretty relaxed games with them and also TCSS while on the course as well.. You are right, if your game is not up to par on the days you play with them, you will be slaughtered, like i found out last week. lol!

Today, will have the honour of playing with another 2, Eiji and Eden (the Es, haha). Never played with them before but heard that they are good.

Lastly, one more name I have added in. Be careful of this guy. In his good days, he can kill... ROFL

!. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji
7. Mizzy
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 am

blee,

this honor is too deserving.. only if I give strokes or don't take stroke and can still kill then I gladly accept this honor.
but i will have to put you on the list as I have taken 3-3 from you and yet died in your hands. Stretcher

so the honor should be yours. all bow to the buayas cheers

1. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji
7. blee2007

What a Face
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 am

Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

!. Eden
2. Zhenxua
3. Wilkang
4. Sunny
5. Technospaz
6. Eiji

bro, you did not contribute a single snake on that hole, and that says a lot about your consistency.

my trademark topping alone contributed 2 snakes and 2 indon PR Embarassed
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 am

Mizzy, last week kena killed by you left, right, centre ah...
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 am

but i got take strokes from you right?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 am

zhenxua wrote:

bro, you did not contribute a single snake on that hole, and that says a lot about your consistency.

my trademark topping alone contributed 2 snakes and 2 indon PR Embarassed

Hahaha... Luckily I hit my shot just after Wilkang. I was still very aware of the water (day before already dunked one in), so opted for the safer option and went left, top also still got grass underneath. If I had gone after all of you, I may have been too psyched by all the water snaking and joined you all for a swim too.

Thank you for your seeing me up. I learnt my lesson the hard way so just try to keep the ball in play, and rely on chip and putt, instead of trying to keep up with the long hitters like you. I only cheong when my swing is 90 to 100% percent on, which is sadly very rare these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)   Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158) - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jul 11-12, SUN-MON - 2D1N Golf & Stay @ Batam Turi Beach Resort (S$158)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7