Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? Empty
PostSubject: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:54 am

hi guys.. just wanna check wf u if any of ya guys are member of Palm Springs Golf, batam??

wats the benefit that a "1 year term membership" gets? comparable to full member??

i tried emailing them and reply from palm springs states

as term member , you pay :

S$47 for round trip ferry
S$ 29 for caddybuggy for weekdays
S$33 for caddybuggy for weekends

whereas currently they are having $88 for weekdays which includes round trip ferry, lunch, caddy+buggy... so its a saving of $88-$76 = $12 only?? some more as a term member u gotta pay $800++ a year??

so who the hell would wanna sign-on term membership?

if any of you is a member there would appreciate ur feedback..

my friend is waiting for my answer if i would like to take over the new 1 year term membership from him.. last day of activation/transfer is this coming friday... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:09 am

Not really. Dun think it has any real savings for 12 only. Better off finding something else. Plus playing there likely to take the whole morning and afternoon.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 pm

I think the so called savings is when you play mostly on weekends. I used to be a member there and eventually decided to "hang up" my membership. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice place and the golf course is decent. I don't mind spending one full day a week to relax. However, what really irked me was the ferry in which you got mixed with gamblers. During those days, we had to cramp the ferry with uncles who will use super colourful words in every sentence even though there were ladies on board. And the mad rush towards the immigration counter was another pain in the butt.

Spending wise, it is more expensive to play there. I used to spend almost $100 for a weekend game there, which included F&B, ferry, green fees, caddy and tips.
Back to top Go down
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 am

nutty88 wrote:
I think the so called savings is when you play mostly on weekends. I used to be a member there and eventually decided to "hang up" my membership. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice place and the golf course is decent. I don't mind spending one full day a week to relax. However, what really irked me was the ferry in which you got mixed with gamblers. During those days, we had to cramp the ferry with uncles who will use super colourful words in every sentence even though there were ladies on board. And the mad rush towards the immigration counter was another pain in the butt.

Spending wise, it is more expensive to play there. I used to spend almost $100 for a weekend game there, which included F&B, ferry, green fees, caddy and tips.

wow.. $100 even if u r member???? looks like not really worth it leh...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:10 am

Let's look at the breakdown costs: -

Ferry + Green fee + Buggy + Caddie - approx. S$60
Caddie tips - S$10
Lunch - S$20 - 30

So average is S$100. If you go for massage, it will be another S$40-50.

Overall, it can be expensive unless you bring your own drinks and food. But still, the minimum you have to spend is around $70 which is still high as compared to getting a membership in JB.

Ever since I jonied Poresia, my weekly expenses have dropped significantly. Transport - S$10 (carpool per pax), golf - RM38. We eat in coffeeshop in Singapore which is inexpensive but Palm Spring charges you "resort" pricing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??   Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palm Springs Golf and Beach Resort, Batam.. 1 year term membership up for sale.. wats reasonable offer??
Page 1 of 1