Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !

Go down 
+34
eden
botak
asahi
Aloyboy
Gray
alvin7379
jurongtiger
ghoonk
dodo
ralphlim
Lizardman
p3nboy
slinger
nientsu
weesern
galileo
S70B
puteh83
Khorkar
Duval_S
tronos
chemicalpro
WaLau
mUAr_cHEe
hillgreen
BigBogey
ChrisD
nrafee
Tituman
golf_snowman
benhogan
eiji
crystal_tiong
daveaha
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WaLau
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WaLau

COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm

daveaha wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
WaLau wrote:
(from the start or to the end, who's the biggest winner?)

the citizens who pay and pay

Great. Please buy bicycle.

BTW, do you cycle to work ?

cycle?

on the road, its very dangerous because the vehicle is moving faster then you.

on the walk way, its dangerous too, because the passengers is moving slower then you.

How?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm

WaLau wrote:
daveaha wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
WaLau wrote:
(from the start or to the end, who's the biggest winner?)

the citizens who pay and pay

Great. Please buy bicycle.

BTW, do you cycle to work ?

cycle?

on the walk way, its dangerous too, because the passengers is moving slower then you.

How?

Bo bian.

Ask gahmen to create special lane for cyclist..

Reach office also sweating. Have to ask company/building management to create bathroom also.

Then need small locker in the office to keep all the shirt and trousers and office attires.... Ask boss to get more locker ? Smile))

MC, how you cycle to work ? If you need to bring laptop home and back to office, how to cycle ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:03 pm

like dat cycle loh.

put in the bag and cycle loh.

done it before.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Used to cycle with sunday bag to TPY range almost every night before they change the stupid balls silent
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:21 pm

benhogan wrote:
Tituman wrote:
benhogan wrote:
Seen the days of $110k, so... bom

Yup I have seen COE at $112k and a couple of my Ex colleague paid $222k for C class Benz at that time. Sad

titu

Your ex colleaque is BT? Surprised

Sorry whats BT ?? I was working in a bank before and they were my colleague.

titu
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:31 pm

last time no car so bring selected clubs in sunday bag and train at range

now got car bring whole bag, feel guilty for not using some of the clubs so will train with most of them

both with 100 balls. end up with the whole bag, only hit one club a few times (minus the 50% of the balls for driver Smile) so become not so good

the only good thing is my wood improve a lot, cause previously never bring the wood to the range
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:54 pm

hillgreen wrote:
I totally agreed that having 30% downpayment is one good way to control the entry barrier.

But if you reviewed it carefully, having 30% downpayment does not benefit the govt in any way in the short term vs having to restrict COE with higher price (if you know what I mean)....

The revenue from the COE is then use to build infrastructure to facilitate having better road acess etcs....

Hi bro, yes I totally agree with you on Coe quota.

In long run, it does benefit the gov, and we only hope the benefit will be transfer to the road user too

snowman

golf_snowman wrote:
hi,

actually, to be frank, there are advantages with high COE...make it less affordable, afterall, here public transport is well convenient and cars are actually consider luxury...

i still remember the older days, we have to pay 30% downpayment if we wanna buy a car, which actually i still think it is much better than current system.

I have friends working in bank and towing company, and with 0% downpayment and low COE, everyone buy cars and yet not afford to substan the cost of ownership, causing so many re-possesing on vehicle...

no offence, this is just my opinion...keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Think it was on the news that COE up and 2nd hand cars being cheaper. May I ask the correlation?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Quote :
Quote :
chemicalpro wrote:
Think it was on the news that COE up and 2nd hand cars being cheaper. May I ask the correlation?

With the COE going up, many people that it will be a good investment as they can buy and expect it to resell it out at a higher price.

As for the current crop of 2nd hand, die liao.

This is very much like the property market, the higher the price, the more people buy.

I think I read this fm Freakanomics

So the smart people will buy buy buy...then HUAT HUAT HUAT!!!!! for me, I stupid, staying put with my old faithful wheels and roofs ...sighhh....and of coz irons
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Oohs... Thanks for the clarification D!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi,

Personally I think 2nd hand car price will go up, that is because demand on 2nd hand car will increase since less people will buy brand new car due to higher COE.

Just my thought

snowman
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
Hi,

Personally I think 2nd hand car price will go up, that is because demand on 2nd hand car will increase since less people will buy brand new car due to higher COE.

Just my thought

snowman

I tend to agree with snowman on the movement of prices for 2nd hand cars.
I have seen and experienced when the price of COE reached above $110k. People started selling their 3 to 5 year old cars at a profit instead of horrendous affraid losses compared to now. The last 2 cars I sold at losses of 60k after 5 years. The last car after exactly 3 years, my loss...another 60k. If the COE maintain at this level or continue to rocket upwards, that will be the situation. People who need cars for their job can't afford to buy new ones. The only logical option is to buy 2nd hand cars. With demand, prices will rise.

titu
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 am

daveaha wrote:
Bo bian.

Ask gahmen to create special lane for cyclist..

Reach office also sweating. Have to ask company/building management to create bathroom also.

Then need small locker in the office to keep all the shirt and trousers and office attires.... Ask boss to get more locker ? Smile))

MC, how you cycle to work ? If you need to bring laptop home and back to office, how to cycle ?

To me, no big issue really.

dangerous? I will touch on that later...

reach office sweating. if you do not have shower, a couple of wet wipes will do. otherwise, a water bottle and a towel and give u a cubicle you should be able to clean up decently yourself. then splash on some cologne and you will be no different from the others.

dirty? not really? the bacteria actually comes from the surroundings and not from within you. our pee and perspiration actually comes out 'sterile' from our body, it is the continued exposure to the environment that makes it 'dirty'.

locker? no issue really. just bring your clothes for the day in your backpack. fold it nicely and it would not crease too much. in the mean time, slip your laptop inbetween your clothes. this would act as a cushion in case anything untoward happen. and yes. the only problem is your wet clothes when u reach the office. I usually pack another set of cycling attire for my ride home...

hope i managed to share abit.

btw... cycling is said to be good for your golf game. villegas does alot of cycling in his off time. it builds up your thighs, lower body strength and stamina. it will help you with a strong base.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:31 am

WaLau wrote:

How?

Its only dangerous on the road because it is how f***ed-up the singapore drivers are. they are inconsiderate, selfish and think they are bloody owners of the road because they pay road tax.
1. they dont give way.
2. they all seem to be rushing to be reincarnated.
3. they all seem to be wearing blinkers. oblivious to cars, around them.
4. all are like ticking time bombs. just abit of a bump and they come out welding crow bars and metal poles.
5. they dun signal.
6. no skill.
and need me list more?

i agree on the walkway bit. but same as on the roads, if the cyclist is patient, gives way or looks for alternative lines to cycle, i think this is almost a non-issue. blardee singapore law also states that as long as you are above the age of seven, you are not allowed to cycle on pavements. that is what i am told anyway. have not checked up on that law yet.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 am

MC, if you think SG is bad,.....try driving in KL.... then you see how better behaved as SG... Well at least in SG, I can still car give way for pedestrians... In, you wait looooooong time...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am

COE go up means:
1. Car price go up...means
2. Folks will be buying more cars still......means
3. Folks will be more in debt.......means
4. Banks and Govt have more surplus and profit ........ means
5. Can support more infrastructure works and hire more workers......means
6. More job for many....... means
7. Please repeat fm #1.

So you see.......COE go up...is good...................... ( fm my self created 'Siao-ker-nomics')

Lastly.......when some folks cannot pay the debt.....then we go back to 2009 financial status lor.......means, stock price drop......means we can pick up stocks again.....means.....GOOD
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:21 am

Khorkar wrote:
MC, if you think SG is bad,.....try driving in KL.... then you see how better behaved as SG... Well at least in SG, I can still car give way for pedestrians... In, you wait looooooong time...

i nv compare with what is behind me, i only try to up one level with what is better than me. Smile

nevertheless, i do appreciate and do not take granted for the fact that singapore roads are good and i am actually a singaporean after all.
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am

Duval_S wrote:
COE go up means:
7. Please repeat fm #1.

So you see.......COE go up...is good...................... ( fm my self created 'Siao-ker-nomics')

Lastly.......when some folks cannot pay the debt.....then we go back to 2009 financial status lor.......means, stock price drop......means we can pick up stocks again.....means.....GOOD

bingo!!
and they keot talking about demand and supply...which is only part of the equation...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 am

Duval_S wrote:
COE go up means:
7. Please repeat fm #1.

hi bro

nice thoery, i like that...

You have really convince me that COE up is good..keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

i nv compare with what is behind me, i only try to up one level with what is better than me. Smile

nevertheless, i do appreciate and do not take granted for the fact that singapore roads are good and i am actually a singaporean after all.

If you think KL is bad, try to drive in Jakarta. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 pm

If bad is defined as congestion...the inner mongolia is the best ...no traffic.....

Back to COE....... it is a matter of time, I think all nations will adopt......why....becos of the Theory of 'Siao-ker-nomics'
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

My ex-colleague cycled to work occasionally.

Fell during a sudden downpour. Broke his knee, was grounded medically. Useless to my sqn for 1 year.

If you think Bicycles should be allowed on the road, then they should also start paying road tax. I will have no problem treating them as another form of vehicle.

Driving along Changi Coast on a wkn is the worst. Cyclists think they are Mercedes Benz and do it in the middle of the road.

That said, I do cycle here in San Diego. Weather is perfect. They also have designated bike lanes and cyclists know how to behave like cyclists no matter the age.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 pm

U don't drive in Jakarta. U walk your car there just like walking a dog in Singapore. Hahahaah
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

S70B wrote:
My ex-colleague cycled to work occasionally.

Fell during a sudden downpour. Broke his knee, was grounded medically. Useless to my sqn for 1 year.

If you think Bicycles should be allowed on the road, then they should also start paying road tax. I will have no problem treating them as another form of vehicle.

Driving along Changi Coast on a wkn is the worst. Cyclists think they are Mercedes Benz and do it in the middle of the road.

That said, I do cycle here in San Diego. Weather is perfect. They also have designated bike lanes and cyclists know how to behave like cyclists no matter the age.

Nicoll Highway. 5-8 pm. Lots of cyclists (foreign workers and expats alike) there and they try to cut accross the KPE slip lane while vehicles are cruising at 70-80kmh... goodness, so dangerous.....

ChrisD wrote:
U don't drive in Jakarta. U walk your car there just like walking a dog in Singapore. Hahahaah

Yes. 3 hours to clear 1 km jam. Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:28 pm

S70B wrote:

ok. those are idiots who deserved to be run over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.