Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !

Go down 
+34
eden
botak
asahi
Aloyboy
Gray
alvin7379
jurongtiger
ghoonk
dodo
ralphlim
Lizardman
p3nboy
slinger
nientsu
weesern
galileo
S70B
puteh83
Khorkar
Duval_S
tronos
chemicalpro
WaLau
mUAr_cHEe
hillgreen
BigBogey
ChrisD
nrafee
Tituman
golf_snowman
benhogan
eiji
crystal_tiong
daveaha
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! Empty
PostSubject: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Uhm. No one is concerned on how the COE pricing is now ?

COEs for big cars rose S$9,700 to S$36,089.
Premiums for small cars jumped S$7,587 to S$28,389.
COEs for commercial vehicles rose S$5,889 to S$32,890.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

COE has been discussed in car forums ma , so golfers dun discuss here ....
I only know Chris D is changing car soon , gd luck to him .....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:04 pm

stuck with my car...was thinking of changing but now think must drive 10 years
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Crystal,
So you mean we can't discuss car thing here ah ? Wah lau... u ah...

Car and golf are closely related ma... without ur car, will you golf/range as much ?
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

i also told myself to drive 10yrs when I had my first car with 27k COE but after 5 yrs i still change another car .....
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Seen the days of $110k, so... bom
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:09 pm

daveaha wrote:
Crystal,

Car and golf are closely related ma... without ur car, will you golf/range as much ?

i never say cannot la ,
wow u like tat say , offend those who no car hor .... they still go range and go course often leh ..... Razz
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

hi,

actually, to be frank, there are advantages with high COE...make it less affordable, afterall, here public transport is well convenient and cars are actually consider luxury...

i still remember the older days, we have to pay 30% downpayment if we wanna buy a car, which actually i still think it is much better than current system.

I have friends working in bank and towing company, and with 0% downpayment and low COE, everyone buy cars and yet not afford to substan the cost of ownership, causing so many re-possesing on vehicle...

no offence, this is just my opinion...keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

crystal_tiong wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Crystal,

i never say cannot la ,
wow u like tat say , offend those who no car hor .... they still go range and go course often leh ..... Razz

No lah, I'm not pointing finger to those without car.

When I was carless - I went bishan range also twice a week taking bus with my Sunday bag. Went back taking taxi.

My question is, to you, without your car, will you golf as much ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:24 pm

benhogan wrote:

Yup I have seen COE at $112k and a couple of my Ex colleague paid $222k for C class Benz at that time. Sad

titu
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
hi,

actually, to be frank, there are advantages with high COE...make it less affordable, afterall, here public transport is well convenient and cars are actually consider luxury...

i still remember the older days, we have to pay 30% downpayment if we wanna buy a car, which actually i still think it is much better than current system.

I have friends working in bank and towing company, and with 0% downpayment and low COE, everyone buy cars and yet not afford to substan the cost of ownership, causing so many re-possesing on vehicle...

snowman

Snowman,
Public transport is convenient ?

Err.. I have to disagree - partially. Have you try to get taxi in the morning ? The price already $10 when you sit in one ! (provided u can get one within 15 min) Then the bus service is totally erratic. MRT is ok, but I wished they implemented express service like what NY and Tokyo have. Sometimes sardine too...
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

many golf ranges are totally inaccessible without a car. Can you imagine going to starry starry Nite by cab.. then you will need to walk out to take a cab from the main road or call a cab?

can anyone tell what bus goes to MBGC? :p
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:41 pm

So i guess it's time for me
to sell my car now.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 pm

nrafee wrote:
many golf ranges are totally inaccessible without a car. Can you imagine going to starry starry Nite by cab.. then you will need to walk out to take a cab from the main road or call a cab?

can anyone tell what bus goes to MBGC? :p

My friend who works in CBD told me that it cost him $17 to go to MBGC by cab from Tanjong Pagar *hail, not call. Woot....

But actually most ranges and golf courses are quite inaccessible by public transport (bus and train).
MBGC - no access
Warren - 15 min walk from bus stop ?
Laguna - no access
OCC - no access
Bishan - walk 10 min from bus stop
TMCC/NSRCC Changi - no access

Not sure about others...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm

daveaha wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
hi,

snowman

Snowman,
Public transport is convenient ?

Err.. I have to disagree - partially. Have you try to get taxi in the morning ? The price already $10 when you sit in one ! (provided u can get one within 15 min) Then the bus service is totally erratic. MRT is ok, but I wished they implemented express service like what NY and Tokyo have. Sometimes sardine too...

Hi,

i think to a certain extent, it is.

I have took cab in japan, and the price is at least triple what we are paying here, the meter jump so fast that i almost had heart attack...keke
However, the train timing is superb sharp, and that is becasue there are so many different train company sharing the same platform and timing become a very crucial factor.
I had ask some of my japanese colleague and they prefer to take train to work than drive there, and some even had to take at least 2hr train ride.

When i'm staying in US, i saw people waiting in bus-stop, when i drove pass them for lunch, had my lunch for 45min, drove back and i saw the same group of people still waiting for their bus.
The cab is expensive there, and it turn out that driving is a more convenient way of transport.

these are my observation during my biz trip and somehow, it changes some of my perspective about transportation here in Singapore...

but to be honest, it's still many people's dream to own a car and a house...i have to admit that..keke

snowman[left]
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm

No lah, I'm not pointing finger to those without car.

When I was carless - I went bishan range also twice a week taking bus with my Sunday bag. Went back taking taxi.

My question is, to you, without your car, will you golf as much ? Very Happy[/quote]

seriously i will not golf if i do not have a car .
so i admire those who take public transport to range and play on course reguarly. i think they range more than me .....
Ask Wilkang , i think he range 2-3 times a week and by cab .....
Back to top Go down
BigBogey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Taking taxi is still much cheaper than the cost of maintain a car, if u think frm perspective of getting a car just to golf. After all, u will nt be ranging/golfin every other day. Bt it is very painful when u pay tens to cab drivers. With a car, the pain is when u pay for the loan or petrol, which aient cheap either, just that driver get numb to the associated costs.

Also have insurance, rd tax, maintenance, potential mishap costs and parkin fee, erp.

Havin said that, car just make it convenient for golfers bt does quite make financial sense to get one just to play golf.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 pm

BigBogey wrote:
Taking taxi is still much cheaper than the cost of maintain a car, if u think frm perspective of getting a car just to golf. After all, u will nt be ranging/golfin every other day. Bt it is very painful when u pay tens to cab drivers. With a car, the pain is when u pay for the loan or petrol, which aient cheap either, just that driver get numb to the associated costs.

Also have insurance, rd tax, maintenance, potential mishap costs and parkin fee, erp.

Havin said that, car just make it convenient for golfers bt does quite make financial sense to get one just to play golf.

Very true. But I believe everyone here who have car also have other objective/usage of car.

I need car because I'm family man. Most weekends I drive my family around... Rather impractical to get cab all the times. Multiple destinations also making cost to take cab very expensive...
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:39 pm

I totally agreed that having 30% downpayment is one good way to control the entry barrier.

But if you reviewed it carefully, having 30% downpayment does not benefit the govt in any way in the short term vs having to restrict COE with higher price (if you know what I mean)....

The revenue from the COE is then use to build infrastructure to facilitate having better road acess etcs....

golf_snowman wrote:
hi,

snowman
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 pm

do the right thing. buy a bicycle.

save the earth. save yourself.
Back to top Go down
WaLau
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WaLau

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 pm

we had learn to live with it, the cycle is always the same in which ever order come first

First low COE - many people will buy car and we complain traffic not smooth

then new ERP gantry implementation - we wonder will it help, we complain again

then again rises COE price with less quota - we enjoy slightly better traffic condidtion but yet we complain COE expensive again

then again again, rises public transport price, cos operation cost gone up ( car price too expensive cos COE is high, and when car price is high, insurance will be higher too, and can will lead to many thing as well) - we again, complain

the cycle goes round and round.
(from the start or to the end, who's the biggest winner?)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:42 pm

WaLau wrote:

the citizens who pay and pay
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Tituman wrote:
benhogan wrote:

Yup I have seen COE at $112k and a couple of my Ex colleague paid $222k for C class Benz at that time. Sad

titu

Your ex colleaque is BT? Surprised
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
WaLau wrote:

the citizens who pay and pay

Great. Please buy bicycle.

BTW, do you cycle to work ?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:48 pm

daveaha wrote:
BTW, do you cycle to work ?

i actually do occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !   COE is going up uppp !  and uppppp it goess ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COE is going up uppp ! and uppppp it goess !
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.