Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting

Go down 
+34
bogeyman72
pushslice
willytan
sim.t.lim
blee67
watermyforrest
greens
tronos
BORN2GOLF
chocoman
Derek
Technospaz
Cyp_PGA
darenlim
eden
Khorkar
Duval_S
jaketang
golf_snowman
ligermu
kopiO
icejazz
ifatfat
clarencekim
alucard
Cornball
wilkang
crystal_tiong
hardballs
weesern
asahi
jurongtiger
nientsu
Raquel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 pm

darenlim wrote:
The best for me is @ TMCC.
Big putting Greens with terrain/undulation.
solid chipping area with bunker.

got to be member or visitor can go ?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Raquel wrote:
Ok guys..thanks for your advice..

My Conclusion:

Tues - Mandai range
Thurs - NSRCC

Open day - MBGC

cheers

sometime i might drop by mandai range for practise...

the putting and chipping ground is behind the pro-shop, not at the range

i might see you in mandai then...keke
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm

[quote]
Quote :
Raquel wrote:

Duval..Do you practise on the mat everyday..every now and then? I got one too at home..not getting sick of it...always same putt..

quote]

Hi Raquel, my only desired outcome fm using the mat, is the feel of skimming off the surface...meaning, I practise without ball .....and yes, my wife think I am going senile...

as for putting...i only care about lagging it...so today, lag 2 ft , next week ..lag 4 ft.....go in hole or not..i don really care....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I practice putting on when I play on the course... that's my excuse anyway.
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
darenlim wrote:
The best for me is @ TMCC.
Big putting Greens with terrain/undulation.
solid chipping area with bunker.

got to be member or visitor can go ?

Only members can go but I can arrange and we can go together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi Raquel, my 2 cents worth although my putting is currently really shaky (amazing how one part of your game can disappear when another part gets better ...)

If your putting mat has a line, it is probably good to make sure you are rolling in along the line cos sometimes the ball will deflect slightly off once it hits the slope esp if the ball is stuck with insufficient pace ... I use the putting mat to make sure I am putting straight then go to a practice green to work on distance control, at least you do not have to worry about rolling the ball along the intended line ...

That being said, I recently 4 putted the 1st hole I played at Horizon Hills (after hitting a sweet 155m 2nd shot onto the green) so it might not be a good idea to listen to my views on putting ... LOL!

p.s. It is a HUGE shock adjusting from JCC greens to Horizon Hill greens
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:48 am

crystal_tiong wrote:
Raquel

sure sure , laguna is REALLY FAR .....
tats y i am thinking any north area can go

can I tag along? My short very bad. I am also in north areA.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Quote :
chocoman wrote:
crystal_tiong wrote:
Raquel

sure sure , laguna is REALLY FAR .....
tats y i am thinking any north area can go

can I tag along? My short very bad. I am also in north areA.

with your backspin and your short game....you still say bad....???? wah piang....you have high std....

all I wish for is able to " one bounce and stop'.....
Back to top Go down
BORN2GOLF
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 pm

Laguna best

Marina Bay oso equally best quality wise, only pull back is $10.70 for 1hr practice...

Otherwise Marina Bay chipping greens and putting greens are great!!
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 pm

practice at home.

if u cannot putt straight or control distance putting from 2-3m on a flat surface, then doing it at longer distance or slope is no help.

Even try putting it 'long', should hit ur target ball from 2-3m out (put a soft object behind to catch ur balls)

dont use the putting mat its too narrow and the edge 'helps' you with the direction, which is not good. Use a large mat. Putting at different angles, distance and speed, you should hit ur target ball 100% of the time (cause its on a flat surface).

Draw a line on the ball and putt along the line, the ball should travel with the line rotating straight.

If you cannot even it the target ball, then something is wrong with your stroke.

Previously use to 4 even 5 putt cause i cannot lag a putt and have directional issues. These days my putting much better (last few games at least got 1/2 the holes 2 or 1 putt..)

all this tips i pick up from other casual players like us at other forums (although many of them have carpet floors and larger houses)
Back to top Go down
greens
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

went to the try out the chipping and putting at MBGC, the view is great! it is $10.70 for an hour of practice and i heard that if you booked a golf game, practise of chipping and putting is free before the game.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:36 pm

welcome Greens......do join us for range and games.

neber tried practising chipping ...but will keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 pm

DS, I heard tour chipping is already fantastic so why practice... what if it produces reverse result Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Quote :
watermyforrest wrote:
DS, I heard tour chipping is already fantastic so why practice... what if it produces reverse result Razz

Bro, like I said before....don believe in myth......Also, can you don say such things in the presence of the whos who in the golfing circuit especially those in the upcoming Warren 'ghoon' game..........later before I tee off, I already kena left, right centre..and some might say ..even fm top.
Back to top Go down
greens
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 pm

marina bay golf course has a ladies promotion every wednesdays from now till December! Ladies are entitled to $15 off golf games Smile Hoorays!!

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Duval_S wrote:
welcome Greens......do join us for range and games.

neber tried practising chipping ...but will keep that in mind.

Practice is only for those who want to be perfect. You, my friend, are already there.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 pm

TS, now you tell me. I better to Mt Whatever to train my chipping, putting, driving to match him... If not, the next game with him in Sept I die... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm

blee2007 wrote:
TS, now you tell me. I better to Mt Whatever to train my chipping, putting, driving to match him... If not, the next game with him in Sept I die... What a Face

Duval is the short game expert... very graceful, always perfect 10 Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 am

I will always remember this tip from Duval.

Someone (think its monica): How do you get one putts?

Duval: just chip nearer. Razz

nuff said about his short game powess,,,
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

Duval is the short game expert... very graceful, always perfect 10 Smile

those were the good old days lah...and when you Round UP to the closest 10...

nowadays...getting into bunker fm tee off is more choon than getting on green fm 100m
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
sim.t.lim

PostSubject: where else can i practise for chipping and putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi all, as we know short games is very important in order to bring down the stroke.
Most of the time i went to mbgc or eng neo previiusly known as green fairway. Currently MBGC provide the space with charges. And eng neo the green fairway is still under repair. Wondering where else can i still go for practice my chipping and putting.???

Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Next best place is at NSRCC, the chipping n putting green is FOC.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:33 pm

willytan wrote:

Lol, like dat, lot of people will go there, get crowded and ..suddenly not free anymore Very Happy

Ts, If you are mgk member, practice at occ. Ballot for the golf pass and can use the facilities for the whole day
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:27 pm

DITTO! Very Happy

willytan wrote:
Back to top Go down
LeftRightUpDown
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:34 pm

does anyone know is nsrcc kranji got foc short game practice facilities?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next