Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting

Go down 
+34
bogeyman72
pushslice
willytan
sim.t.lim
blee67
watermyforrest
greens
tronos
BORN2GOLF
chocoman
Derek
Technospaz
Cyp_PGA
darenlim
eden
Khorkar
Duval_S
jaketang
golf_snowman
ligermu
kopiO
icejazz
ifatfat
clarencekim
alucard
Cornball
wilkang
crystal_tiong
hardballs
weesern
asahi
jurongtiger
nientsu
Raquel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

warren also for member , but i am prepare to answer them when they spot check and ask if I am a member , I will said "Am going to be future member"
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:34 pm

think nsrcc is good and they don't check whether u member or not
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:26 pm

icejazz wrote:

I've tried there...quite good but its too far for me
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 pm

i quite like the RCC driving range one... quite deserted and the marshalls dun really come and chase (quite far from club house).... only prob is distance...
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Raquel wrote:
icejazz wrote:

I've tried there...quite good but its too far for me

actually JCC also can... marshal don't check and anyway most people dun really practice on the chipping ground as they will be whacking their driver in the range
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

Another good & fairly cheap place to practice is on par 3 executive courses where all U need is 7 iron and below.

It forces you to switch clubs for different strokes from diff lies.

For the past week while practicing, I decided to forgo trying to increase overall distances off the tee in favour of accuracy within 100meters.

It seems to have paid off as I shot 90 gross (63 nett) on Sentosa's Tanjong course from the white tees--best score I have ever recorded under informal tournament conditions. Even after starting and stopping numerous times because of thundershowers.

If my group did not have to stop during the downpour on holes 11, 12 & 13, would have probably broke 90. Cos once I was within 100meters of the hole, I could get up-and-down well and save strokes.

My putting was working well also yesterday.

So I am post-poning giving up golf for postage stamp collecting to see if my improvement trend continues.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am

Clarence, u mean Mandai executive course? too crowded on weekends too

JCC is not very crowded on weekdays nite. I think the balls there are good too. nobody practise at chipping/putting too.
Back to top Go down
ligermu
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 am

occ has putting green and a bunker tucked away at the far left corner
of the driving range.it is fenced up,but the gate is not locked .i
practise there once in a while.nite time got some light,some areas
can be dim and got you will get shadows from the driving
range spot lights.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 am

Raquel,

The best place is still MBGC's practice area, even tho U gotta pay about S$11.

I have practice there for three hours before the marshell ask me to vacate the area so-to-speak.

Razz

It the most realistsic in terms of terrain and overall size.

I also practice at Sembawang CC's practise area when it's not crowded.

My previous coach is based there so he can vouch for me as a student if staff ask me to leave (It's a member's only practice area).

But it's not as nice as MBGC practice area.

All the public exec courses are busy on weekends. I go on weekdays late afternoon, weeknds between 1-4 (when its hot) or workweek daytime when boss not around in office.

CK
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks v much for the feedback

Happy Swing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Raquel wrote:
Thanks v much for the feedback

Happy Swing

so raquel, after gather all the feedback, where do u think is a good place to practise chipping and putting ? Me also looking for one for putting practise since I am physically not able to swing clubs for the next few weeks....keke
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Golf snowman, wat happen u cant play golf for the next few weeks? some injury?

I have yet to try out the chipping and putting area, may be we should try at OCC on one weekends.

Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Raquel wrote:
Hi Golf snowman, wat happen u cant play golf for the next few weeks? some injury?

I have yet to try out the chipping and putting area, may be we should try at OCC on one weekends.

Anyone interested?

hi raquel

yes, had injured my right arm, I guess is some muscle tear, the the pain had extended from upper arm all the way to shoulder and back, lifting up my arm is a problem now...keke, let alone swinging club

But I guess I can still work on my putting drill given by my coach

I think occ putting green is meant for student not for public but it will be good if we can give it a try

if u are going to occ putting green, do let me know, I try to join in

thank u

snowman
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am

clarencekim wrote:
Raquel,

I also practice at Sembawang CC's practise area when it's not crowded.

My previous coach is based there so he can vouch for me as a student if staff ask me to leave (It's a member's only practice area).

But it's not as nice as MBGC practice area.

All the public exec courses are busy on weekends. I go on weekdays late afternoon, weeknds between 1-4 (when its hot) or workweek daytime when boss not around in office.

CK

Is Sembawang CC open to public for chipping and putting? how's the charges like? HELP

Thank u
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 am

NSRCC Changi
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:08 am

Jake

NSRCC Changi abit too far...tot of going Sembawang CC only 5mins drive frm home
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:10 am

mandai executive course..it's open to public
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 am

I can only practise on my putting mat.....
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 am

Raquel wrote:
Jake

NSRCC Changi abit too far...tot of going Sembawang CC only 5mins drive frm home

oic....

but in terms of putting green (NSRCC got 2), chipping green n even bunker, NSRCC really good..
*i think u dun even have to pay for it, juz go practice no one will chase u.

*u need to pay for parking though but i think only $1 per hr.... still cheap...

juz a suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 am

Snowman..looks like no choice have to go Mandai to practise during weekdays cos its nearer.

Duval..Do you practise on the mat everyday..every now and then? I got one too at home..not getting sick of it...always same putt..

Jake..will go NSRCC on weekends better, can spend more time there...
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am

Raquel wrote:
Snowman..looks like no choice have to go Mandai to practise during weekdays cos its nearer.

Duval..Do you practise on the mat everyday..every now and then? I got one too at home..not getting sick of it...always same putt..

hey if u really goin down, then i suggest not on weekend.... Embarassed

coz it is super duper crowded....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 am

I think MBGC is a good place for chip and putt. A few type of terrain and slope to try. For 10, you can chip for a good few hours..
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:38 am

jaketang wrote:
Raquel wrote:

hey if u really goin down, then i suggest not on weekend.... Embarassed

coz it is super duper crowded....

agree cos weekends the academy uses the chipping green for their lessons and they usually have classes from morning till later afternoon.
the putting greens are ok, just stick to the greens nearer to the cafe as its less crowded.
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:47 am

Ok guys..thanks for your advice..

My Conclusion:

Tues - Mandai range
Thurs - NSRCC

Open day - MBGC

cheers
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

The best for me is @ TMCC.
Big putting Greens with terrain/undulation.
solid chipping area with bunker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting   Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the best range to practise chipping n putting
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next