Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...

Go down 
+24
nutty88
weesern
oinkoinkpig
tronos
shotah
clarencekim
SIMBA
solarpop
pratat
ethee
4dtoto
jimmychoo
puteh83
jaketang
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
slinger
S70B
Ssquirrel
Uncle Lau
Duval_S
Lamts18
Khorkar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:36 am

LostSoul wrote:
What I have learn from my last game is that dont be stubborn dont see flag only chion sure die de. Gd sleep means gd golf Smile

Bro, i think you never practise what you preach from yesterday's game leh... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:50 am

My recent game...

First 9, First hole - Screwed with +4 on par.
Second 9, my short game gave up on me. I gave up on myself. I thought I had it under control, but it happen otherwise.

Learning
- Do half swing in the 1st 3 hole even after warm up. Like LS said, DONT DIE DIE CHEONG!!
- Short game - Pitching, Chipping and putting. Do alot of these.
- Lack of confidence and practice on bunker shots. Giving myself a lot of grieve.
- Iron game especially on Par 3. Some it is sensible just to be pessimistic and use something that you are comfortable with. So as long it is straight and < 20m, it is more than good enough.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:59 am

One common problem with alot of us is that we always go for the pin even if it means that is a bunker before it or around it. I have learned the hard way, so now, I will avoid the bunker and hazards even if it mean i have to put my ball 40ft away from the hole on the green.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:08 am

Yeah dude.

Was doing better in 1st 9, 4x bogeys and 1x par, then come 2nd 9, siow liao. Had a par 3 with +6. NB that one really worked me and the rest of the game!!!. Got to pick up my course management and plan my shot. Cannot CHEONG!!!!!.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:50 pm

sometimes golf is not all about the score.........its fun one in a while to let go and try to rip that perfect shot. 9/10 time you did not pull it off but for that one prefect shot, it will bring you good memories as well as a topic when chilling with your golf mates. Also can give you confidence in your game. Anyway this is from abeginner who cannot play consistently anyway Razz

problem for me is i am going for THAT shot too many times. What a Face

also realise that if i try to play too careful (slower swing etc), the results are worst. Think its because we almost never practice to play carefully.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:25 am

what I learnt from my game yesterday:

I'm not talented enough to try to mix different swings/swing-thoughts during a game (right sided, left sided, no-sided, lop-sided)? Crying or Very sad

If something is working on that day, just stick to it! Don't fk with it and try to "improve" it.
If a certain swing thought is helping my drives go 180m and finding the center of the fairway, it doesn't mean that doing more of that or adding in an extra move wil help the ball go 185m and find the fairway! Neutral
Back to top Go down
oinkoinkpig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
oinkoinkpig

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:41 pm

hmmm

i learnt that putting good is more impt that any thing else!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:55 pm

oinkoinkpig wrote:
hmmm

Before u get to putting, make sure keep the ball in play. most time a +1 penalty is actually +2.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
what I learnt from my game yesterday:

I'm not talented enough to try to mix different swings/swing-thoughts during a game (right sided, left sided, no-sided, lop-sided)? Crying or Very sad

If something is working on that day, just stick to it! Don't fk with it and try to "improve" it.
If a certain swing thought is helping my drives go 180m and finding the center of the fairway, it doesn't mean that doing more of that or adding in an extra move wil help the ball go 185m and find the fairway! Neutral

Thanks, Bro SS for your inputs... will take this to heart... Smile
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am

juz got a game at BKK on last fri....

funny game i feel... my drive feels funny...shank 10times with iron n wedges....putting is bad as usual (ard 37putts) but funny thing is tht the score doesn't reflect it...decent score..(for my standard)

i think probably due to playing off white..

few thngs i learn from this game,

1) sometimes when expectations low for certain holes actually makes it easier n results can be surprising.. (eg, some par 4 din try to on in 2 but still got par....but par 3 1 on n 3 putt for bogey)

2) playing in new course always have surprising good score? (maybe becoz new so always aim at the centre)

well.... at least i can still paly okay game while goin thru some swing change... but still long long way to go.... tht's golf i guess....
Back to top Go down
oinkoinkpig
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
oinkoinkpig

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:50 am

weesern wrote:
oinkoinkpig wrote:
hmmm

Before u get to putting, make sure keep the ball in play. most time a +1 penalty is actually +2.

ehhhh meaning?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 pm

oinkoinkpig wrote:
weesern wrote:
oinkoinkpig wrote:
hmmm

ehhhh meaning?

Putting only happen in or around the green. eg. if on a par 4, you already take 6 strokes (maybe 1 OB and 1 water hazard) to reach the green, even when you can hole out in one putt your score for the hole is still 7.

get what I mean??
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Few things I learned from my last game.

1. Golf is played in the opposite manner. E.g. aim right to go left. I have been setting up the drive way left but ended up always went right. It was either a push or a slice. Luckily I discovered that bad drive was due to my alignment. Started to set up more right and my drive was mostly in good shape.

2. Relax when chipping. I have had a number of bad chips last Sat till hole 17. Loosen up my grip and control using my shoulders. Managed to get an up and down on the last two holes to win 2 & 1 and 6 bottles of beer. cheers

3. Stay cool and focus. Every hole is a new score, so forget the bad score on the previous hole.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Last Friday at Seletar....I confirm the following:
#1 I am not Tiger nor do I have any part of my swing marginally mirroring him
#2 I cannot backspin the ball
#3 My iron play SUCKS

With the 3 points above, I have learnt :

#1 JUST PLAY the BALL to the middle of the green ....kay kiang...play target golf, end up ball either short or over .....
#2 Don't try a shot that you have not even try to practise ....kay kiang...par5 hole, I play 6 over....NB

I will learnt....I will learnt....ohm ohm ohm

....DS
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Duval, that is soooo true. Thanks for sharing... I too need to ohm..... ohm.....
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 pm

At Austin Hill

1) I learnt that uphill green always looks as if it is very far.
2) I learnt that downhill green looks so near
3) I learnt to use distant marker since I cun gauge how far is that green.
4) I learnt that it is necessary to ask the golf club if there's any competition before booking.
5) When played very badly.. just count how many birdies or par I have rather than total score and enjoy each hole possible.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 pm

I had one of the craziest score in my game this week. Played in Palm V, 1st 9 had supercharged EGO boost - play 39. 6 Par's, 1 Bridie, 2 double bogeys. WTF! Then come 2nd 9 had supercharged BLOB boost - played 57, screwed up big time. My learning is this...

Conserve Energy!
Short GAME, Short GAME, Short GAME!
Focus, Concentrate and Dont stray!!!

Last edited by Khorkar on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:16 pm

Khorkar wrote:
I had one of the craziest score in my game this week. Played in Palm V, 1st 9 had supercharged EGO boost - play 39. 6 Par's, 1 Bridie, 2 double bogeys. WTF! Then come 2nd 9 had supercharged BLOB boost - played 57, screwed up big time. My learning is this...

Converse Energy!
Short GAME, Short GAME, Short GAME!
Focus, Concentrate and Dont stray!!!

Bro...look at the bright side...39 is a pretty impressive score for 9hole....d
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 pm

wa liew.. play soooo badly also got 96..
I played sooo well, also never get 96..
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Its palm V effect, it has forgiving greens i.e. ego boosting greens. Good thing also this wasnt a handicap test, if not then jiat lat, I would of had it. I think I was lucky in the 1st 9, all drives were working well, irons shots were going where I wanted. Well one for the memories, I dont think this will ever happen again..

Now I got to work on that 2nd 9 game.. sigh!!!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 am

Mondays round 75(+3), Last Thursdays round 68(-4).
Monday, 11/14 Fairways, Thursday 11/14 Fairways,
Greens in Reg Monday 13/18, Thursday 13/18,
Putts per Round Monday 34, Thursday 27.
Ball striking the same both rounds, putting 7 strokes different.

Moral of the story - do not go out on Sunday night and drink so much beer. lol!
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:25 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:

Not only sunday night, it's "No drinking on any night before golf day"...
but, it will never happen... Laughing
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:

Putts per Round Monday 34, Thursday 27.
Ball striking the same both rounds, putting 7 strokes different.

tot u going to say - putting needs improvement...

end up the moral of the story is abt drinking.... Cheers Beer
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Its palm V effect, it has forgiving greens i.e. ego boosting greens. Good thing also this wasnt a handicap test, if not then jiat lat, I would of had it. I think I was lucky in the 1st 9, all drives were working well, irons shots were going where I wanted. Well one for the memories, I dont think this will ever happen again..

Now I got to work on that 2nd 9 game.. sigh!!!

LOL also had my best game at Palm V. Next course, back to normal Mad . Also Palm V has calming scenery which probably helped.

but thought handicap test only 9 holes, in ur case the tester will be asking 'sure u got no handicap?'
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:00 pm

a good night sleep can worth almost 10 strokes diff...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next