Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...

Go down 
+24
nutty88
weesern
oinkoinkpig
tronos
shotah
clarencekim
SIMBA
solarpop
pratat
ethee
4dtoto
jimmychoo
puteh83
jaketang
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
slinger
S70B
Ssquirrel
Uncle Lau
Duval_S
Lamts18
Khorkar
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:18 am

Folks, Thread check......... Lets stick to learning rather than Caddies talk...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:28 am

Paiseh Bro Khorkar...

Back to topic...
I tend to chiong when my flight mates chiong..thus screwed up my own game...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 am

1. One thing i learn, no matter how screw your shots may end up, never give up and just declare double. You never know what teh next shot will be like. It could be your best shot of the day.

2. Never change your swing on the course

3. Enjoy the scenery and enjoy your flight mates swing and learn from there if your game really going nowhere that day
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 am

What i learnt from my last game ?

1. After tee-off & ball goes OB, relax swing & ensure my P-ball goes on fairway -> still have chance to hole out with minimal damage.
2. Take the tiger line -> better chance to outdrive my 11-yr old Wink
3. Walking thru' the course ain't a bad idea -> allows me more time to enjoy both the course & game better.

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:55 am

walking is always good.

as about hitting the p-ball... do u have the habit to use back the same club to hit the p-ball, or play your fall back club to just make sure that your p-ball is safe?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I use the same club if I know what's my problem. Use a fall back club if I don't know to play a safe shot Surprised
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
walking is always good.

as about hitting the p-ball... do u have the habit to use back the same club to hit the p-ball, or play your fall back club to just make sure that your p-ball is safe?

MC, OB from t-box is pretty rare for me. Hmmm... i used the same club to hit my p-ball. Did not even consider abt changing club. I will need to bear in mind to reconsider a fall back club next time. Thanks for the tip.

Rgds,
ethee
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 pm

i just use the same concept as tennis serves...

1st serve.. go for it. kill your opponent with your spiniest and fastest service.

if fault..

2nd serve.. just keep the blardee ball in..

in golf, you can throw out the easiest swing and the driver can still slice and hook like nobodies' business. easier to just fall back on your longest, most trust worthy club and keep the blardee ball in the fairway.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:42 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i just use the same concept as tennis serves...

1st serve.. go for it. kill your opponent with your spiniest and fastest service.

if fault..

2nd serve.. just keep the blardee ball in..

in golf, you can throw out the easiest swing and the driver can still slice and hook like nobodies' business. easier to just fall back on your longest, most trust worthy club and keep the blardee ball in the fairway.

So, MC, you're saying that we should play golf like we play the 2nd serve in tennis?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:12 pm

So, MC, you're saying that we should play golf like we play the 2nd serve in tennis?[/quote]

havent u been trying to keep your ball in the fairway?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
So, MC, you're saying that we should play golf like we play the 2nd serve in tennis?

havent u been trying to keep your ball in the fairway?

Yes I have. Doesn't work all the time but I do agree. It's better to go for a less aggressive shot which keeps you safe but shorter, rather than an aggressive shot which may give you distance but less accuracy.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:31 pm

its a risk and reward thing eventually.

go for a safe 3 on with a birdie putt.

or try to put it 2-on and go for an eagle putt.

or u can 3 putt it for a par... tmd.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
its a risk and reward thing eventually.

go for a safe 3 on with a birdie putt.

or try to put it 2-on and go for an eagle putt.

or u can 3 putt it for a par... tmd.

Back to topic, I think what is vital for me (high handicappers) is to:

1. Learn to play safe for the time being which means focus on consistency and avoid mistakes;
2. Continue to play which means improve on consistency, i.e. be more consistent;
3. Once I'm more consistent with my swing, I can then take greater risks with faster and more aggressive swings.

I agree with the risk vs reward approach. To increase the chances of a reward, one must reduce the risks and this can be done through bettering one's game as above.

My 2cents.
Back to top Go down
pratat
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm

What i have learn.

Do not drink till wee hours before the next day early morning tee off
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 pm

ha. that one i learnt it too.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:24 pm

pratat wrote:
What i have learn.

Do not drink till wee hours before the next day early morning tee off

This is so so so true. I had session not too long before, drank like fish and went back home, puke everything out.... i mean puke as in context of hrs.. Sleep at 330, wake up at 7 then went on to play like a farmer.

The results, was exceptionally bad...
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Just because you played one good game doesn't mean you're a good player.

More optimistic version: one bad game doesn't mean you're lousy.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 pm

solarpop wrote:
Just because you played one good game doesn't mean you're a good player.

Hear hear to the latter!
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 pm

What I have learn from my last game is that dont be stubborn dont see flag only chion sure die de. Gd sleep means gd golf Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:29 pm

solarpop wrote:

Then if I play 2 bad games in a row how??? pale
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 pm

S70B wrote:
solarpop wrote:

Go see Pro lo.... your bad is the score we are dreaming off...... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
S70B wrote:
solarpop wrote:

Go see Pro lo.... your bad is the score we are dreaming off...... Smile

Mr Lam, gave a solid putt....... good putt

The best reply ever...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Only recent game, i had a total mind set change. This time, i was there to control my anger and frustrations, I found out that I enjoyed the game. A bit too well, lotsa jokes and winding up fellow golf buddies then receiving them too. The time, I was really mad was with the caddy which really screwed up hole on a par 5, that destroyed my game and made lost couple of buck. So, my learning this time...

- Dont trust the caddy when they said that this is your ball. Check first!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:35 pm

During my recent par3 game, i have learnt that there is no shot that is not worth trying....all shots no matter how bad the lie, how unimportant the hole......I must give my best shot....looks like I have to go back and read my Dr. Rotella book again.....sighhhhh
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm

"Take dead aim" Harvey Penick

Target golf (aka thinking man's golf) does not require longest drives or even most accurate ones.

It involves carrying out a PRE-PLANNED strategy hole-by-hole while having confidence in your abilities and full realisation of your weaknesses. Sometimes, coming up short 100metres off the green is GOOD if you have full trust in a PW, 9 or 8 iron accurate shot at the pin.

Low scores can be obtained by playing the percentages in your favour. Also walking the course from green to tee does wonders for knowing the target areas where you need to place the ball for best results.

I tried 'hitting and hoping' and found that it rarely works in your favour over the long haul of 18-holes.

This is what I have learned and try to impliment in my game.

BTW, drinking a lot of alcohol the night before usually is not good as the hand joints become swelled and oftentimes, the body and brain is too fatigued to concentrate on the game.

However, I won a pro-am (stableford scoring) tournament a year ago after a long night of 'adult' KTV, pinay GROs and too much booze until 3am. Tee-off was about 1pm the next day, not during the morning.

Boy was I surprised when somebody on stage at the after-tournament dinner called my name and announced me as the pro-am amateur champion! All during the game I was worried about the flight behind thinking we were too slow (Lam Chi Bing was in the behind flight).

Maybe cos I was relaxed (dun give a hoot attitude) during the tournament as I still had a hangover and was more concerned with finishing the whole ordeal and sleeping at home than playing well?

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...   What did you learn in your last game?  True and honest reflection... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you learn in your last game? True and honest reflection...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next