Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing in Hua Hin

Go down 
+3
enwee
ken23
billcoke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:05 am

I'm planning to play golf at Black Mountain, Hua Hin, but understand that there are no direct flight from Singapore to Hua Hin. What is the best way to get to Hua Hin??

Besides Black Mountain, any other recommended golf courses in Hua Hin?
Back to top Go down
ken23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 am

Ya there is no direct flight to Hua Hin. You will have to take a flight to Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport, then do a 3-4 hours road transfer (depends on how fast the driver is) to Hua Hin. I think this is the only 'best' way to Hua Hin (correct me if there are other better alternatives...). As for golf courses there other than Black Mountain, you may want to try out Banyan Golf Club and Imperial lake View Resort & Golf Club, which is also the venue for the Asian Tour Q-School.....Hope this info helps...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:14 am

Hua Hin best way still by car, from Bangkok Airport. Black Mountain is a must if u wanna play there. U may wanna try majestic creek also..Another Q sch venue, is springfield.

Last edited by enwee on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ahhhling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 am

Banyan and Black Mountain definitely recommended!

Do try not to enter on a Friday. The traffic there will be terrible. You can consider renting a car to drive to Hua Hin too. Quite an easy drive around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ahhhling
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:18 am

Agree that Banyan and Black Mountain are recommended.

If renting car and driver, I've had good experience with Oriental Escape.

http://www.orientalescape.com/thailand/transfer/bangkok.html

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:29 am

For golfing, just drive, rent mid size car for 50-100 bucks/day, if with friends better, can do mini road trip, around 2 hrs. There are some attractions along the way. I think there's like 10-12 golf courses there, but the usual Blackmountain, Banyan, Imperial, Majestic, Palmhills, Royal, Milford, etc. are good.

More adventurous, can take train from Hua Lamphong or Bang Sue, really cool experience but journey is 4-5 hrs maybe more sometimes. 

There's a really cool night market (not sure if its only weekend) called Cicada, hipster hangout.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Not forgetting the Hua Hin Winery which is own by the Red Bull family, which got a nice restaurant facing the vineyard.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Hua Hin Winery. Good suggestion. Wine enthusiasts would certainly appreicate it. Not particularly cheap though due to high government tax on wine.

http://www.huahinhills.com/hhhsnw2/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297922-d2037149-Reviews-Hua_Hin_Hills_Vineyard-Hua_Hin_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 pm

Many thanks guys for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Just came back from playing Black Mountain in Hua Hin.

Absolutely beautiful BUT TOUGH course.

We booked a Mini Van with Driver throughout the trip as it's about 3 hrs drive from BKK to Hua Hin and cost came up to about S$ 100 per day only. A good deal for a 24 hr standby vehicle with driver.

Played off the 70 tee and the course is not really long but the lies in the fairway are very tight and greens super tricky. Greens were smooth and slick with a green speed of 11 when I played.

here's some of the pictures I managed to take while I struggled with my game around the course....
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin A52c8698a024" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin Fed8b724f906" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin Ae8fd2d3be5b" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin Dce06c0a19a2" />

Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin 08a7e00227f3" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin Cff09cd73784" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin 5fad8376c9f5" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin 2ab42a249452" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin 157611d850ea" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin 8b17e31bdf23" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin C4b000c78917" />
Golfing in Hua Hin <a href= Golfing in Hua Hin C6d89b1be8e9" />
[img] Golfing in Hua Hin A0bf7b705f5a[/img]
will definitely be going back to Hua Hin to play Black Mountain! For those who want a more relaxing game in a Resort styled course, Banyan would be the one to go for.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:14 am

Ooof... that bunker picture looks brutal
Back to top Go down
billcoke
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:45 am

Rafj wrote:
Just came back from playing Black Mountain in Hua Hin.

Absolutely beautiful BUT TOUGH course.

We booked a Mini Van with Driver throughout the trip as it's about 3 hrs drive from BKK to Hua Hin and cost came up to about S$ 100 per day only. A good deal for a 24 hr standby vehicle with driver.

Played off the 70 tee and the course is not really long but the lies in the fairway are very tight and greens super tricky. Greens were smooth and slick with a green speed of 11 when I played.

here's some of the pictures I managed to take while I struggled with my game around the course....

Cheers

Do you have the contact for that mini van?

Any recommended 4-5 stars hotels located next to night markets, 7-11 stores?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golfing in Hua Hin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in Hua Hin   Golfing in Hua Hin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing in Hua Hin
Page 1 of 1