Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing in KL

Go down 
+3
kutuhead
freedrop
jsimcy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jsimcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 am

hi,

I am always in KL and don't have any kakis to play with.. If anyone is staying there, maybe we can meet up sometimes to play in KL. Please pm me.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:52 am

I always go to KL also, and wld like to hv a local kaki. Jun 23 I will play in Seremban, and then to KL. If you're keen, let's arrange a game.
Back to top Go down
kutuhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kutuhead

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Guys,

Going up to KL for s short trip in July. Wondering which courses are good to play for beginners.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Seri Selangor is a good location ~ being a public course. If you master this course, you should not have any issues with other courses else where.

For a feel good course, you may consider Kinrara golf course, as most of the holes are drive-able Par 4s. Generally, you would only require a wedge to get on the green. This course is situated between Bukit Jalil & Puchong.

Bukit Jalil has a golf course too, but its often termed the "gangster" as its often patronized by contractors ~ fights were known to have broken out due to bet issues, and the golfers there are quite rowdy.

If you are a long hitter, you may want to consider Tasik Puteri which is just off Rawang. The 2nd 18 is pretty new and the course is starting to mature.

Bangi Equatorial's golf course is also another good course to visit. This course sets up rather friendly and its in Bangi of course......

Enjoy your golfing

bounce
Back to top Go down
kutuhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kutuhead

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks for the info Vinny. Any idea on Monterez?

http://www.monterez-golf.com/
Back to top Go down
jsimcy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

freedrop wrote:
I always go to KL also, and wld like to hv a local kaki. Jun 23 I will play in Seremban, and then to KL. If you're keen, let's arrange a game.

Hi bro, I will be in KL on the 27th week. Will you still be there? maybe can arrage a game at Kinrara.
Back to top Go down
april_rain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
april_rain

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:35 pm

we played at kinrara about 3 saturdays ago, the place was, or is still under renovation.. & no ladies changing room - only 1 toilet for the ladies ...we had to keep our things in the guys' locker, therefore cannot shower. Now, don't know if the guys changing room is affected... better check first before you go. (The whole front reception area was hoarded up) & it took 1 hour for registration.. so at that time we vowed never to go back there again.

The following week played at Monterez - was ok. As a beginner, not so experienced in evaluating the course...but we enjoyed the course and the game and would go back there again

just my two cents' worth...

& oh,
Bukit Jalil - played only once night golf there - 9 holes - fairway is narrow... small, squeezy course

Bangi and Danau are ok
Smile
Back to top Go down
kohhanjie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:38 pm

hi i am in KL now anyone keen to have a game tmr morning?=)
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:53 pm

kutuhead wrote:
Thanks for the info Vinny. Any idea on Monterez?

http://www.monterez-golf.com/

Monterez, like Kinrara has got some short holes.... Some of the fairways are quite close to each other, thus you may want to keep a look out for way-ward shots on borrowed fairways.

Another interesting course would be Tropicana, this course has got three 9 holes + the changing facilities is very decent, worth a visit.....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:13 am

Traopicana is very decent. The new 9s are very challenging. I like the course and the layout is starting to grow on me.

The other that you can consider is KGSAAS, not bad for course to play at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golfing in KL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing in KL   Golfing in KL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing in KL
Page 1 of 1