Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how much to tip caddy in batam ?

Go down 
+20
Derek
babolat
dionpratama
Yz426
SS10KARTHIK
revolver
9points
Nam Flog
fata
msjarif
hkhamateur
weesern
golfsiao
IceShelterX
bomby
Turbo
mloy
niwde82
asahi
denyce
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
denyce
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
denyce

how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  Empty
PostSubject: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:53 am

how much is the standard tip?
some packages includes fees for caddy, but still need to tip?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:56 am

Caddy fees and tips are different.

Usually, i tip bout $20-$30
Back to top Go down
niwde82
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:04 am

Hi. $20-30 per caddy or per golfer? Thanks
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 am

Generally its about $20 per person. But if you feel that the caddy is good and hardworking you can always reward with more.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 am

$20 - 30 per caddy should be good enough ... Don't spoil the market.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 am

Generally $15 is the going rate per person.... for me I will go $20 if the caddy is good.. (pls dun spoil market).
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:46 am

wow now is 20-30?
I tot $10
I usually give 100k rupiah...
Back to top Go down
golfsiao
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 am

Same here, I was told by "veteran golfers' who go there almost every weekend to tip 100K to 150K, reminded me not to spoil market also...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 am

depending on the caddy, normally $15-20.

There is one caddy in Palm Springs that suits me and I tip him $30.

Suits me as in he can understand the way I play and his suggestions usually match my intention.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 pm

It really depends on individual how you wanna rate yr caddy skills n professionalism. Cool
Safe start fm S$20 whether bad, so-so, gd or damn skillful. Wink
Back to top Go down
msjarif
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 5:00 pm

Agree, it's ranging between $20-$30 per caddy (unless the caddy is very "helpfull").
For me, it's $20 if 1 caddy per golfer or $15 if shared caddy (1 caddy for 2 golfers).
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Yup...dun spoil market ah. Keep to the norm.

My $30 usually for this caddy at Palm Springs by the name of Sulaiman.
Damn good line reader.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 pm

my norm is for MY is $RM25 per golfer.  The last time i played in Batam during a charity game, i gave my hardworking guy $S25  Very Happy...
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:03 pm

OMG….

I have been giving double the norm all this while……

Thanks for threadstarter for asking this question. Now I know.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:27 pm

For the local, majority tip Rp. 100k on normal days. Rainy days or too hot days or 5 hours round day, some may consider tipping Rp. 150k...
Back to top Go down
revolver
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:35 pm

i give 10 sing dollars
Back to top Go down
msjarif
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 am

Since we are in the topic of "caddy tip", how much is market rate to tip in the Jakarta/Bogor area and Bandung?
I believe it should be in Rupiah, no?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 am

msjarif wrote:
Since we are in the topic of "caddy tip", how much is market rate to tip in the Jakarta/Bogor area and Bandung?
I believe it should be in Rupiah, no?

Caddy tip in Jkt is about Rp150,000.00. I guess it would be the same for Bogor & Bandung.
Back to top Go down
SS10KARTHIK
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SS10KARTHIK

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:35 am

If we compare with the green cost $40 plus for 18 holes,
$10 sing would be a reasonable tips.
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 1:31 pm

I tip my caddy 50 bucks in tering bay... coz she always gives me pointers on my swing and putting....=)
but normally it should be SGD20-30 bucks.....
Back to top Go down
dionpratama
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dionpratama

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 3:41 pm

10SGD is too low

even for local the minimum rate is 150k IDR

20SGD is nothing for most of you guys here
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 4:44 pm

200,000 rup
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:08 pm

I would suggest that instead of comparing the tip for the caddy to the green fees, think how much the $20-30 means to you vs what it means to the caddy.

They just spend 4-5 (or possibly even more) hours attending to you and their basic pay is almost next to nothing.

On the flip side, if I meet a really lousy caddy with a bad working attitude, I will inform them after a few holes and if still no improvement, will reduce the tip.  In Batam, I have never encountered bad attitude.  Inexperience, occasionally, but everyone starts somewhere.  However, in KL, some clubs have very bad caddies with no basic etiquette (chatting loudly away when golfer is teeing off, pass u club then stay in buggy, don't rake bunker, don't replace divot).

Not saying spoil market, but have a heart guys, extra 10 SGD has almost no impact to us, to someone working as a caddy, it can translate into being able to better meet basic needs (e.g. nutrition).
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Yes, I do agree that one should reward the caddy more if he/she did a good work. In Horizon hill CC, I noticed the female caddies were more diligent than their male counterpart. Some do not even bother to clean the ball for me let alone helping to read the line of putt. This kinda caddy I would only give him MYR20 max. Having said that, I encountered a handful of very good caddies in Palm Resort and Starhill.

Last edited by Turbo on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo error)
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Turbo wrote:
Yes, I do agree that one should reward the caddy more if he/she did a good work. In Horizon hill CC, I noticed the female caddies were more diligent that their male counterpart. Some do not even bother to clean the ball for me let alone helping to read the line of putt. This kinda caddy I would only give him MYR20 max. Having said that, I encountered a handful of very good caddies in Palm Resort and Starhill.
Bro turbo, u are spot on male and female caddies in HH. The latter take more initiative and take their caddying role more seriously. I always ask for female caddies whenever I play in HH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in batam ?    how much to tip caddy in batam  ?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much to tip caddy in batam ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next