Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how much to tip caddy in malaysia?

Go down 
+5
nicasio
dukes4
dreamer
Redvodka
dr_z8
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

how much to tip caddy in malaysia? Empty
PostSubject: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 1:32 pm

hi guys and gals. 

How much is the reasonable tips for caddy in M'sia? eg Horizon Hill JB, KLGCC KL...  

Any difference for more exclusive course?
Back to top Go down
Redvodka
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Normally, I would give an average of RM30-RM60. RM30 being bad. RM50 being normal and RM60 being good. I guess, it does not matter which club you are playing. I paid the same for LPGA Pro-Am game in KL.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Usually 2 pax shared a caddy.
So it is per golfer or per golf cart?
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Good question
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:51 pm

dreamer wrote:
Usually 2 pax shared a caddy.
So it is per golfer or per golf cart?

hhmmm... if RM50 per golfer and shared caddy, damn..... RM100 per day of earnings for the caddy... if i get to tag on 2 flights per day!!... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes may b i can consider career change... hehe..
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 am

Basically there is no rules on minimum amount of tip to caddy in any club in KL or Malaysia...
It is up to u to judge or to tip them....but normally around rm30 per person would be good enough...
Tq
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:52 am

Do check with the counter when you sign up for the game if caddy fee is charged together with the green fee. My golfing friends were "fleeced" when the caddies insisted on payment for "full caddy fee plus tips" at the end of the round. If this happens, I would suggest that you offer to bring the caddy to the club's counter for an explanation.
In Johor Golf and Country Club, the club does not collect any caddy fee from golfers so it is strictly between the golfer and the caddy. The Club's recommended caddy fee for 18 holes is RM40 (excluding tips). Most golfers would pay ranging from RM50 to as high as RM100 (usually for a very good caddy and big bets are involved) per golfer.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 11:07 am

For me in JB, if I have already paid for caddy fee at the counter; it will be RM 25 - 30 per golfer (twin-sharing).

If no caddy fee paid at counter then RM 50 - 80 per golfer (twin sharing or 4 balls).

For Batam, it is RP 150 - 200K per golfer (twin sharing).

I do cover them more if it is raining and prolong the game or we decided to break for lunch which I think it fair.

Cheapskate or not ? It is up to me and effort by the caddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
maverick0118
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Whatever it is, please do not spoil market by giving exorbitant tips, such as RM$100 or $200, when you win big bets among your kakis. 

Reasonably, RM $50 per 18 holes per cart is what i know for now.  Can always plus or minus RM$10 if the caddy is good or bad.
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:57 pm

maverick0118 wrote:
Whatever it is, please do not spoil market by giving exorbitant tips, such as RM$100 or $200, when you win big bets among your kakis. 

Reasonably, RM $50 per 18 holes per cart is what i know for now.  Can always plus or minus RM$10 if the caddy is good or bad.

roger... so its average between RM30-RM50.... dun wanna look like an idiot when playing with other regular golfers by over/under paying tips..
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Haha Singaporeans always spoil mkt cos of our strong dollar, everything say cheap, n when prices goes up, the Malaysian suffers
Back to top Go down
ozzy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ozzy888

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Tips to caddies are always at your discretion .
Back to top Go down
dr_z8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:27 am

dukes4 wrote:
Haha Singaporeans always spoil mkt cos of our strong dollar, everything say cheap, n when prices goes up, the Malaysian suffers

with the strong currency exchange, doubt Sgporeans felt any pinch tipping RM50. Its just a mere SGD20.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much to tip caddy in malaysia?   how much to tip caddy in malaysia? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much to tip caddy in malaysia?
Page 1 of 1