Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garmin Approach S2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dionpratama
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dionpratama

Garmin Approach S2 Empty
PostSubject: Garmin Approach S2   Garmin Approach S2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi guys, 

I accidentally (or stupidly to be exact) bought Garmin S2 when I travel outside Asia, without knowing that it doesn't support golf course in Asia. 

I've sent an email to Garmin, and this is what they said

I am glad to help. Currently the only Approach S series covers Asia is Approach S3 Asia. The Approach S3 Asia golf watch is packed with 2100+ of Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippine, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand courses. I have included the product link:
http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/intosports/Approachs3_asia/
You can contact the local dealers for purchase inquiry. I have also included the link of their contact information:
http://id.garmin.com/distributor/
Unfortunately Approach S2 cannot add golf courses of Asia at the moment. I am sorry.
If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to let me know.

It surprises me that they differentiate their product this way....friend of mine bought the Bushnell watches (which priced cheaper) in USA and has no problem using it in Asia, shame on you Garmin. 

So my question:
Does this limitation caused by software or hardware limitation? Is there any chance that it will support Asian golf course in the future? 

I felt like I just wasted US$ 250....will be very happy if I can sell it for half the price....
Back to top Go down

Garmin Approach S2
Page 1 of 1