Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder

Go down 
+6
bogey_free
flashpacker
bomby
loserjo
jd8
Golfish
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder Empty
PostSubject: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Am considering picking either one of the three:

latest Garmin GPS Watch (S6)
OR
latest Garmin Handheld GPS (G8)
OR
A Rangefinder with slope edition of reputable brands (either Bushnell Z6 or Leupold GX4i2)

Any bro here with experience of above and thus review / recommendation?
All welcome. Thanks in advance. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 am

I have been using Bushnell range finder with slope for about 4 years now. Recently a few friends started using the Garmin GPS watch S4. I was tempted to buy one too, but I decided not to, although the watch is really convenient to have a quick read on the distance to the green. My reasons why:

1. I'm not used to wearing a watch while playing golf.
2. I like having the flexibility of reading distances to things like back of the bunker/water hazard to know what is the carry distance I need to hit, and not just distance to the green. In fact, with a range finder, I can read distances to anything I want, even a spot on the fairway where I want my ball to land.
3. Have to remember to charge the watch before play.

Those thinking of getting the watch should check if the Asian version allows loading of golf courses in US / Europe. I heard that only the US version supports golf courses around the world.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Wow... the new S6 look cool man. the S3 to S4 to S6 series is hitting the marketing real quick. Shall we wait a little longer for S7?
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:47 pm

jd8 wrote:
I have been using Bushnell range finder with slope for about 4 years now. Recently a few friends started using the Garmin GPS watch S4. I was tempted to buy one too, but I decided not to, although the watch is really convenient to have a quick read on the distance to the green. My reasons why:

1. I'm not used to wearing a watch while playing golf.
2. I like having the flexibility of reading distances to things like back of the bunker/water hazard to know what is the carry distance I need to hit, and not just distance to the green. In fact, with a range finder, I can read distances to anything I want, even a spot on the fairway where I want my ball to land.
3. Have to remember to charge the watch before play.

Those thinking of getting the watch should check if the Asian version allows loading of golf courses in US / Europe. I heard that only the US version supports golf courses around the world.

my two cents.. for point 2, there are some GPS watch that gives you distance to hazards.

Point 3.. there are some watches that can last for 2 to 3 rounds on a single charge.
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:19 pm

garmin S6 gives you distance to anything on the course... in color display! Smile
one charge will last at least 2 rounds too Smile
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Golfish wrote:
garmin S6 gives you distance to anything on the course... in color display! Smile

Where can I view the Garmin S6?
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bogey_free

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:34 pm

after golfish buys his ..... haha.....
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Golfish wrote:

Last 3 x 18 holes and 1 x 9 hole on 1 charge 

Never fail me last 2 years
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Flash. 

If u wan. Arrange a game with me and we can use together 

But u must pardon my lousy golf
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:37 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
Flash. 

Buaya!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
Flash. 

Wah bro Andrew, thanks for offer....
U mean the S6 watch has been around for 2 years?
Isnt it a new product?

But u must pardon my lousy lousy gardening golf... Someone who can dig trench using a 7-iron. Not sure if u r prepared to spend 5.5 hrs. I was hoping to use the rangefinder as an added use - to look for lost balls that hv gone OB  cheers  Will arrange a game w u in Aug/Sep.
Back to top Go down
Mep
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mep

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 pm

U should consider the Skycaddie Linx (watch) which has raving reviews.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 5:57 am

Flash

I meant the g6

I also gardener haha

Worse.. I lazy to find ball

Haha
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:00 am

andrew-golf wrote:
Flash

I meant the g6

I also gardener haha

Haha
Go for g7 or g8 if lazy. The damn thing will even tell you which club to use. No need to think. Brain dead can also use.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:07 am

meia07656 wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
Flash

I meant the g6

I also gardener haha

Haha
Go for g7 or g8 if lazy. The damn thing will even tell you which club to use. No need to think. Brain dead can also use.

Im seriously thinking of the g8 cos the screen is bigger

But i am very impressed by the battery life of the G6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder   Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garmin GPS Watch (S) vs Garmin Handheld (G) vs Rangerfinder
Page 1 of 1