Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch

Go down 
+16
angyongshen
damylim
greenteaz
Newtogolf
enwee
pug
ahnah
EastCoastHack
SteveS
snowdude2
Frederick
HyBriD
Kengnam
madmaru
Slicer51
ron81
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch Empty
PostSubject: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Anyone using Garmin GPS product for golf in Singapore? Does it works here, Malaysia and Indo?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:07 am

I am using golf buddy GPS, It work perfectly in Vietnam, Thailand, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia .. etc

Thousand and thousand course can be down load free from golf buddy website. If missing any course, just email them the score card and golf course address. It is be available to down load free within 2 weeks.

If you are talking about those new GPS watches. I understand you cannot download or add course. it is mainly pre-loaded with mainly USA courses. I could be wrong but better check before buying.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:11 am

For GPS device, I'm using Voice Caddie and it works great, superb accuracy. This little stuff works well and easy to carry around, convienient to use too.

http://sg.voicecaddie-asia.com/

Just that I will like to wear a watch for golfing and think that this Garmin's design is great, but if the GPS don't works then maybe I will just wear my Casio. Haha..

Last edited by ron81 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:43 am

Bro, how much is this VC100 voice caddie ? Nice !
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:45 am

$238 bro..
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:42 am

garmin S3 1 sexy GPS watch

currently dun have maps for asia but i'm keeping watch on price and current maps updates

current price USD 349.99

http://www8.garmin.com/golf/
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:58 am

ron81 wrote:
$238 bro..

Thanks bro,

May I know, does this VC100 tell you only the distance from the centre of the green to wherever you are standing. No information distance like front and back of green ?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:00 am

madmaru wrote:
garmin S3 1 sexy GPS watch

currently dun have maps for asia but i'm keeping watch on price and current maps updates

current price USD 349.99

http://www8.garmin.com/golf/

Thanks bro for confirming that I understand no golf course map for the GPS watch yet.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:12 am

What I going to say might be subjective and might open to many disagreement. However, please understand that it is just my personal opinion. Please do not kill me for it. White Flag

I felt that better player tend to use more like range finder rather then GPS.

Range finder give you a pin point position where you need to know where you wish to land the ball. Example : you have a fast green, pin location pin behind at about 45 meters. I doubt everyone can hit a spin shot and land at actually 45 meter at the pin. With a range finder, you can pin point at maybe 40 meter in front of the green (including whether it is let or right break) and wish to hit at 40 meter and let the ball round to the pin.

With a GPS, it may tell you the distance of front, middle and back distance of the green. Also, did you realize that when you get too close to the green, the distance display do not show in a GPS ?

I am familiar with GSP and range finder as I am using both of them. So,what type of player am I ? Screw up one lah ... lol!
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:31 am

Slicer51 u right,Hope I could have one range finder...but to ex... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:40 am

Kengnam wrote:
Slicer51 u right,Hope I could have one range finder...but to ex... Crying or Very sad

Not really bro, the range finder prices have drop allot now. Use to be more expensive then a GPS but now it almost same price

Oh, I forgot, you wanted to have a range finder. It show that you are a better player hehehe lol!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:14 pm

ron81 wrote:
For GPS device, I'm using Voice Caddie and it works great, superb accuracy. This little stuff works well and easy to carry around, convienient to use too.

May I ask how much did you bought it sir?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:00 pm

http://www.golftoys.sg/

They sell range finder too at an affordable price... although its not your NIKON or bushnell Bt I think can work. The effective range is 250m which I think its more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:56 pm

HyBriD wrote:
ron81 wrote:

May I ask how much did you bought it sir?

He did stated as $238 on this same thread, Sir.
Back to top Go down
snowdude2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm curious to know how the voice caddy works. Can't tell much from website
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Seems like they have GPS watch for Asia now. Check on Garmin SG website ?

I wonder if there's any different in this watch Approach® S3 Asia and S3 without the word ASIA.

Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:16 pm

List of courses in SG:

http://www.garmin.com.tw/m/buzz/golfcourse/sg_golf_courses.html

Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm

can i say that it doesn't matter where you buy the approach S3 from ? All map can be download from the site ?
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Kengnam wrote:

U wan ? i give you
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:46 pm

There seems to be a "Garmin S3 Asia" version.

Any idea where can get in SG?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

pug wrote:

today straits times DL got promotion for SITEX starting tomorrow. @ $439.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Wow, not competitive pricing. Can get a V300 or range finder with slope.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
What I going to say might be subjective and might open to many disagreement. However, please understand that it is just my personal opinion. Please do not kill me for it. White Flag

I felt that better player tend to use more like range finder rather then GPS.

Range finder give you a pin point position where you need to know where you wish to land the ball. Example : you have a fast green, pin location pin behind at about 45 meters. I doubt everyone can hit a spin shot and land at actually 45 meter at the pin. With a range finder, you can pin point at maybe 40 meter in front of the green (including whether it is let or right break) and wish to hit at 40 meter and let the ball round to the pin.

With a GPS, it may tell you the distance of front, middle and back distance of the green. Also, did you realize that when you get too close to the green, the distance display do not show in a GPS ?

I am familiar with GSP and range finder as I am using both of them. So,what type of player am I ? Screw up one lah ... lol!
I don't think anyone will kill you for your opinion.

I should have bought that range finder when I was in Bangkok.... But I thought I won't need it. *sob* Now come back liaoz, all in metres, not yards~ Sad
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:25 pm

enwee wrote:
pug wrote:

today straits times DL got promotion for SITEX starting tomorrow. @ $439.
*Ouch*
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
greenteaz

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 am

Should get the range finder or the approach S3?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch   Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garmin Approach S3 GPS golf watch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next