Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Buddy VT3

Go down 
+2
BestofTheBest
Botak88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Any body using this ??

Any review and how much ??

TIA

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/products/vt3.asp
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Garmin G6 now include Asia courses

i ordered from Golfsmith

good thing about it is that it tells u distances not only to green, it shows the whole layout of the holes and where are the traps and hazards.

Of cos it also tells u how far to them

Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 pm

BestofTheBest wrote:

i ordered from Golfsmith

good thing about it is that it tells u distances not only to green, it shows the whole layout of the holes and where are the traps and hazards.

Bro:

wats the damage like ??

good to use ??
Back to top Go down
BestofTheBest
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BestofTheBest

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Botak88 wrote:
BestofTheBest wrote:

i ordered from Golfsmith

Bro:

wats the damage like ??

good to use ??

havent arrived yet

damage abt $300++
Back to top Go down
Lizsam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Garmin GPS   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi. I would be interested to know what happens when you receive your garmin. My husband bought one in USA, it worked there and was supposed to give all Asian golf courses. When we got back here it did not work. We referred to garmin usa who referred to garmin here who said had to buy it here and it only has courses for Asia, Australia and New Zealand .  As we bought it through amazon they have offered our money back. I have bought golfbuddy which works here and is supposed to work in USA and Europe. So would be interested to hear whether your garmin works in Singapore. It certainly appears to say the USA version it includes Asia couses
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Wah! $300. My lousy game and score is not worth investing in it. Better polish up my game and proper technic first before talking about accuracy.Sad 
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 pm

yet to try any of this new gizmos. Was wondering how do they compare to the smartphone apps.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

jumpz wrote:
yet to try any of this new gizmos. Was wondering how do they compare to the smartphone apps.
I've only ever used the gizmos myself jumpz, and personally I prefer them separate for two main reasons.

1. Battery life. I'm quite sure the apps will suck the life out of a smartphone in double quick time before the end of the day, unless I carry a power bank along.

2. Losing the phone. It'd be disastrous and almost impossible to find if i ever dropped the phone on the course. I'm a bit phobic about that.

I also think that dedicated devices usually work better since they were built for one sole purpose with no compromise.
Back to top Go down
jumpz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jumpz

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Thanks Birdman. Good points to note.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf Buddy VT3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Buddy VT3   Golf Buddy VT3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Buddy VT3
Page 1 of 1