Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range

Go down 
+9
leroyishere
goh.YF.52
Tyc_mambo
ChrisD
Birdman
Turbo
rt
andrew-golf
ness96
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ness96
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range Empty
PostSubject: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

Last week I visited Bukit Batok Golf Range. I have also been to Punggol Range and Toa Payoh.

Somehow, I find that my balls could not carry the distance using similar clubs at Butkit Batok Range compared to other golf ranges.

Is it becos of the terrain of water and slope at Bukit Batok that cause some "fear factor" or just not my day.

Anyone tried lasering the flag markers to see if the distance is correct? Or it is just ME???? Sad  Sad
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 am

think the balls are old and can't fly...
Back to top Go down
rt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:43 am

Bro Andrew, wih your avarta ball bouncing like tat, where can fly!  Razz
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Range ball is of very low compression. Hence, it can't fly far ...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:16 pm

All of the above plus you are hitting uphill, if I remember correctly...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 pm

But I can't tell how far my driver hit at BBK.
Back to top Go down
Tyc_mambo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:30 pm

I think BB range balls are low compression and possibly heavier as they drank too much in a water collection system. Sometimes you get wind too. Try aiming for the islands marked at various distance instead!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Anyways, the range is the wrong place to be gauging the ball distance, especially specific distances.

For that, you need to take it to the course in real time conditions, using the actual ball and hitting off turf.

Doesn't matter how far you can flush it at the range, if that same swing can't translate out on the course.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:20 pm

I dont really feel that the ball is that bad unless you are comparing it to MBGC range which to me is the closest to actual ball and SEL range balls are relatively new due to complains from members. But comparing SEL, BB and MBGC on 7 iron and 150m marker in respective range(dunno how accurate it is as i have never use rangefinder to mark out 150m), 70% on SEL, 30% on BB, 90% on MBGC. 

Being practising at Bukit Batok Driving Range for long hours, the wind direction is different throughout the day, Daytime is mostly headwind and Nightime is mostly backwind, but to me neligible effect cause most of the time is quite weak wind.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:02 pm

OCC range makers are quite accurate as my friend has used a bushnell to verify the distance ...
Back to top Go down
leroyishere
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm

I went to TPY range last night. Found it to be quite similar to BB range. However, I am not a consistent hitter.   Embarassed
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:27 pm

@leroy,

Let's put that practice to good use!!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:24 pm

ness96 wrote:
Last week I visited Bukit Batok Golf Range. I have also been to Punggol Range and Toa Payoh.

Somehow, I find that my balls could not carry the distance using similar clubs at Butkit Batok Range compared to other golf ranges.

Is it becos of the terrain of water and slope at Bukit Batok that cause some "fear factor" or just not my day.

Anyone tried lasering the flag markers to see if the distance is correct? Or it is just ME???? Sad  Sad

Punggol & TPY is in yards.
BBK in meters.
 Cool 

Back to top Go down
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:46 pm

BB is my "home" range so quite familiar with it. The distances are accurate and the distance when hitting the range ball from the 2nd floor is similar, if not identical to course play with course play probably a tad further. Love the water features and the "island" green at 75m. Good for LW practice.

For balls, I like BB range balls. Quite soft to feel and spins quite a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 pm

If you really want to feel the actual distance I suggest sacrifice
your personal golf balls to get the distance that u r expecting.

Say bring along 10 of your old golf balls or better balls up to u!!

I some time try on my own golf ball to get the distance feel..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range   Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Distance Marker at Bukit Batok Golf Range
Page 1 of 1