Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

where to practice pitch shots

Go down 
+9
Gofnut
hkhamateur
angyongshen
TDO
Najibapark
scottycollector
popeyex
jeffman88
akhild
13 posters
AuthorMessage
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

where to practice pitch shots  Empty
PostSubject: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Any recommendation in SG?
Are par 3 courses the only options?

Thx
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 pm

try mandai exec range... theres a grassed corner next to the payment office for practising chips and pitches
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:53 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
try mandai exec range... theres a grassed corner next to the payment office for practising chips and pitches
Thank u sir.
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:58 pm

akhild wrote:

Thx
MBGC. 1 hr $10 i think. Mandai free.
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 pm

popeyex wrote:
akhild wrote:

Thx
MBGC. 1 hr $10 i think. Mandai free.
Mgbc got scolded. Only chipping n that crazy bunker..
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:53 pm

i've not been to mandai in a long while but the last i was there, the chipping area has no green. so you are just pitching onto grass. you can't see the amount of check / roll you are getting. might as well go to any unused patch of grass and chip to a cone / target

mbgc is definitely a better option but the problem is that it's usually crowded with students

i'm not sure if the member courses allow visitors to pay and use the chipping green

and if u r really desperate, you can just buy a chipping net and hit balls in the comfort of your home. doesnt require much space at all
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:08 pm

If you have time to travel to Malaysia, Kukup Golf Resort would be a great area. I payed for 18 holes, I was playing on course alone and stayed the whole day, practiced chipping and pitching as there were no flights behind or in front. Although the course isn't really maintained, it's a decent course for practice Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Actually under Seletar Golf's management the Mandai Executive course has transformed into a very nice venue... beautiful greens and well maintained fairways ... Even the range has been returfed... Was there a couple of weeks ago for a chipping session with one of the pro coaches there  and I was pleasently surprised at the upgrade...
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Wow. So u mean that the chipping practice area now has a properly turfed green? If so, I would be paying it a visit sometime soon Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 am

Wonder if can practice in many of Singapore's open field. Just bring along a mat for practice. Just try not to damage the grass (despite it growing wildly) or you will be penalised by the Authorities.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:10 am

TDO wrote:
Wonder if can practice in many of Singapore's open field. Just bring along a mat for practice. Just try not to damage the grass (despite it growing wildly) or you will be penalised by the Authorities.Very Happy 
That's a good idea, but thought the mat should be the target instead. Otherwise hard to find back ball in grass at ankle length or taller.

scratch
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 am

TDO wrote:
Three weeks ago saw this uncle at Tanjong Rhu practicing chippg at the openg field along my way to MBGC. cyclops 
Wonder any penalty fr doing so?Question
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:31 am

I recall reading somewhere that you can only practise your golf in areas approved (i.e. golf range) for such use for safety reasons. Just be careful that you do not run foul of the rules.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 am

I do see ppl practising golf in open fields - ranging from full swing with real golf ball to chipping and using practice balls.

And I did once - once and only, and realised that not ideal as the ground is not even (loose soil, bumps, etc) and you either get yourself injured or practising in a condition not replicating golf courses. And of course safety and ppl looking at you weirdly is also a point to note.
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Haha I think u will be Stomped before the authorities come find you.
Will be a subject of discussion for the rest of the week!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

errr. nobody play nine holes and wait for nobody then practise?  please repair divot of course.  practise undrr pressure then will improve maj
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Aiyah! Find somewhere deserted lah. You don't want to attract unnecessary attention for doing that.Beer 
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:45 pm

TDO wrote:
Aiyah! Find somewhere deserted lah. You don't want to attract unnecessary attention for doing that.Beer 
Agree. If not get stomp again.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:15 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Wow. So u mean that the chipping practice area now has a properly turfed green? If so, I would be paying it a visit sometime soon Smile
Bro as good as it gets esp we get to access it F.O.C.... think its good they have it there v convenient for the pros/coaches to bring their students to practise...
No sure what u meant by "chipping practice area now has a properly turfed green" ? hope you not expecting Mandai Exec Range to provide Seletar/SICC green quality for all and sundry to create divots in eh? Heard volunteers go there in the evenings and sundays to maintain the greens and areas for a complimentary round of golf... cos got minimal manpower there too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where to practice pitch shots    where to practice pitch shots  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where to practice pitch shots
Page 1 of 1