Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?

Go down 
+7
Golfer Guy
pocketace
DGman
Cyp_PGA
Bangla123
waadee
TigaWood
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? Empty
PostSubject: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:51 pm

It make great sense to me, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
waadee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:57 pm

It hit me like a ton of golf ball...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:25 am

I was playing a round with a local pro many years back.
His approach shot to the green was block by a hanging tree and on the left of the green was a pond but to make thing worst he was standing on an elevated fairway above the green! That means he have to hit a low shot from above the fairway to go under the tree and travel towards the pond before fading 30 degree back to the green.

The pro use his fingers to form a rectangular as if he is looking through camera viewfinder. After that he proceed to execute that shot and landed on the green near the pin.

I ask him, how the hell you do that?
He told me, he practice that shot many times.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:28 am

Well my old friend Smile if you don't know your swing well you can't possibly know what kind of shots you can create.. It's not really a chicken vs the egg question.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:11 am

Totally agree , you coach is the one who make change to improve your effeciency to hit the ball flight you want to hit . You practice hitting it ....
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:20 am

Word.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

Colin....what you are saying is

don't think about the means, think of the task. its like no use mental masturbating over the ball on the putt. one should just send the ball to the hole and not think about how much to take away and how hard to stroke. that is the breakdown in the flo in most cases. that's why golfers putt better when they have their eyes closed or eyes on the target.

both are different in some ways, you have to deal with different lie conditions on the course with irons and different rub of the green for the putt.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:51 am

Colin, how bout this, just a thought

'if you don't practise to hit straight shots, then you need to practise to shape shots'

Get it? Hhuhuh... Ok ok not entirely the case too....
Swing
Back to top Go down
Golfer Guy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:16 am

But didn't someone say 'You ain't got a thing if you ain't got a awing'.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:33 am

Bangla123 wrote:
Well my old friend Smile if you don't know your swing well you can't possibly know what kind of shots you can create.. It's not really a chicken vs the egg question.

You are not wrong....... practicing your shot not swing was advised by Butch Harmon's father. A green jacket winner.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:44 am

DGman wrote:
Colin....what you are saying is

don't think about the means, think of the task. its like no use mental masturbating over the ball on the putt. one should just send the ball to the hole and not think about how much to take away and how hard to stroke. that is the breakdown in the flo in most cases. that's why golfers putt better when they have their eyes closed or eyes on the target.

both are different in some ways, you have to deal with different lie conditions on the course with irons and different rub of the green for the putt.

DGman

I think, whether it is a putt, iron or drive we should trust our subconscious mind to do the job. When we try to analyse at the course, trouble begins.
This is why I enjoy seeing kids play.....NO FEAR.

Yes, you are right. Just think of the target and let go. No Fear.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:47 am

pocketace wrote:
Colin, how bout this, just a thought

'if you don't practise to hit straight shots, then you need to practise to shape shots'

Get it? Hhuhuh... Ok ok not entirely the case too....
Swing

Kepple's children are taught to practice 3 different shots.
high, mid and low. Left, right and center.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:48 am

Golfer Guy wrote:
But didn't someone say 'You ain't got a thing if you ain't got a awing'.

Haha, this make an interesting debate.
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:54 am

"You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots."

i agree to a certain extend IMHO i think something missing like a line before yours

"when u got your swing consistent , You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots.

now how's that ? agree ?
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:09 pm

madmaru wrote:

i agree to a certain extend IMHO i think something missing like a line before yours

"when u got your swing consistent , You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots.

now how's that ? agree ?

You are right Claude Harmon is partially right!
Oh, but wait a minute...... he was advising the pro at that time.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:32 pm

madmaru wrote:

now how's that ? agree ?

Personally i agreed w Bro Madmaru. Very Happy
Anyway, i m learng still so cant comment further. Laughing
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:34 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
madmaru wrote:

now how's that ? agree ?

Bro quit looking at my avatar
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:07 pm

personally, my answer would have to be both unless...

#a) If your a single handicapper, then you practice golf shots...short game, putting and flop shot

However, your still struggling to break 90 consistently, you must practice

#1) Making the correct golf forward swing

... coz anyone can make a back swing, even Jim Furyk back swing is not by the Book swing, but his forward swing upon impact is always consistent.

This is the area where one should practice, fairway wood to iron shot

... Can you shape your shot, fade it or Draw it
... Can you hit a low running shot, STINGER shot?
... Can you hit a High Loft shot by using your hybrid, 5 wood, long and short iron?

#2) Making the Right Golf swing on your Putter...

You cant shape your Putting stroke. But you must practice the correct swing to achieved the correct Putting stroke.

#3 ) Lastly, if you are hitting a consistent Pull shot, a Hook or a Shank or a Big Big Slice...

then you are making the wrong Golf shot. Wrong Golf shot means you are doing the Wrong golf swing and Forward swing.

One must know how to adjust and modify what you are doing to hit the correct golf shot.

For example, I have Golfing kaki's who would hit a Golf hook shot from the Tee from start to finished. He doesn;t know how to fixed it.

And then there are those who will hit a slice from the tee, and then re-adjust his swing path and hitting a draw from thereon.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Champion

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm

As golfers, everyone can swings a golf cub.

What makes each and individual different is our swing tempo. It always wants to work on a fast tempo. As novices we think the fast we swing the longer and straighter.

Then so call "relax swing" hits better Exclamation Rolling Eyes

When you can find the swing tempo that's suits you. You are on the road to practice golf shots

All players including BEST pros learn to make a shot on course.

DON'T Forget they have good swing tempo

Ping Golf On Green
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 7:58 pm

madmaru wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
madmaru wrote:

now how's that ? agree ?

Bro quit looking at my avatar

Whahaha.. Laughing
Bro, aso try learng hard nt to stare at it instead! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?   You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You don't practice golf swing, you practice golf shots. Agree?
Page 1 of 1