Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?

Go down 
+4
Right_sided_coach
ghoonk
Duval_S
TigaWood
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? Empty
PostSubject: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm

How can i swing as fast as my practice swing and hit the ball solidly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Pls excuse me if I sound like a smart ass.... actually I am not but just talking out aloud

OK..back to the 1st question, could this reflect the nature of the yourself? Where you take careful steps in execution....this then explains when you execute the actual swing, unconsiously you are slower
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Pls excuse me if I sound like a smart ass.... actually I am not but just talking out aloud

OK..back to the 1st question, could this reflect the nature of the yourself? Where you take careful steps in execution....this then explains when you execute the actual swing, unconsiously you are slower

so how?...the problem is when I swing fast...all hell broke lose.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:26 pm

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

People say my swing is too relaxes, lacks distance. That's true to a point, but distance isn't my biggest problem right now - putting is, and so is my accuracy with my approach shots and short game. I get these fixed, and I'll be shooting high-70s or low-80s.

seebayho - you have good swing mechanics. very simple, f***-up resistant, since your only moving parts are your arms. Your swing plane is great, and your compression is picking up. Your distance isn't a problem at all, trust me.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Practice swing no fear of where ball might go so can swing hard. With ball, fear of outcome may lead to steering and hanging on. This will slow your speed down.
Slowing the swing down gives the body more time to recover any incorrect positions in the swing such as body angles or clubface.
Many refer to this as timing or rythym. Its really just extra time to make corrections. If you have the positions correct, you can swing as hard as you wish. No need for rythym and timing. Nick Price is a great example
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Good point. Will try that at the range when I'm back in Dubai. Noticed that mega-hitters like slinger and alvin don't hold back. They just rip it. Maybe I need to be less conservative, so looks like some experimentation is needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:47 pm

I always remind myself of what DGman taught me: instinctive golf... That REALLY works on the course. Not so much on the bay, though...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:52 am

ghoonk wrote:
If it ain't broke, why fix it?

People say my swing is too relaxes, lacks distance. That's true to a point, but distance isn't my biggest problem right now - putting is, and so is my accuracy with my approach shots and short game. I get these fixed, and I'll be shooting high-70s or low-80s.

seebayho - you have good swing mechanics. very simple, f***-up resistant, since your only moving parts are your arms. Your swing plane is great, and your compression is picking up. Your distance isn't a problem at all, trust me.

Bro, lack distance? not from what I seen yesterday.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 am

driving was okay, but my irons distance is short compared to standard yardages Sad
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:38 am

ghoonk wrote:
driving was okay, but my irons distance is short compared to standard yardages Sad

Ya.. To be honest, I was a bit surprised about the distance of your iron though. Maybe because of the XMMs??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:42 am

that's cos I was hitting em fat and thin yesterday. No time for slinger and alvin's recommendations of zhang chui and massage before the round lol!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am

ghoonk wrote:
that's cos I was hitting em fat and thin yesterday. No time for slinger and alvin's recommendations of zhang chui and massage before the round lol!

haha
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 am

ghoonk wrote:

no leh, we recommend PCC.... izzet a secret code
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am

I thought PCC compromises the core stability mah Razz
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:57 am

sorry me blur blue.. what is PCC??
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:01 am

ghoonk wrote:

u thought wrong lah, it depletes excess baggage so u dun feel so "zhai", thus can swing easy loh
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:25 pm

slinger wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

u thought wrong lah, it depletes excess baggage so u dun feel so "zhai", thus can swing easy loh

ooi, you all don't anyhow spray and mass up my tread!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:33 pm

seebayho wrote:

Because you purposely slow down lor... You keep saying swing "lembek" and easy mah...

seebayho wrote:

Just swing lah... Don't think so much... Don't even think about "ripping it" or worse "swing lembek" heheheh....
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Because you purposely slow down lor... You keep saying swing "lembek" and easy mah...

seebayho wrote:

Just swing lah... Don't think so much... Don't even think about "ripping it" or worse "swing lembek" heheheh....

lembek die, garang oso die....so how!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing?   Why my actual swing is always slower than my practice swing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1