Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??

Go down 
+9
botak
Quest
asahi
pocketace
Turbo
scottycollector
TDO
goh.YF.52
DK
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
DK

Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 am

Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? care to share your feedback? bounce
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:50 am

Tried SLDER and RBZ 2 only. Tested the SLDR at MBGC, pretty good ball flight and a sound i would not hate as it sounded like i hit my irons-quite muted. Shaft weight at 55~57g i suppose after being trimmed from 60 that i felt suitable for me. Best combination i tried is a 9.5* R.

Tested the RBZ 2 at SEL and BBB many months back when it just came out. At SEL someone was trying the demo from proshop so i borrow as the staff and i know each other. Hit it and it feel like a typical TM driver, pretty loud. Not sure how far i hit cause i did not notice as it was set to 12* Smile. Soaring to the sky but it feels great. At bbb, i tried it at 10.5* R. I knew that this club will fly pass the 200m and it didnt let me down. Smile 

Would like to hear on X-hot driver cause it feels comfortable when i held it and waggle but never really try to hit one
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Wonder how is the sound of the SLDR like? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm

The sound of the SLDR is very muted. If you are a titleist / ping driver user, u will not like the sound of SLDR
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 pm

goh.YF.52 wrote:

Would like to hear on X-hot driver cause it feels comfortable when i held it and waggle but never really try to hit one
I have tried the XHot driver (US spec) at OCC Panwest a few months ago ... I must say the impact was explosive and effortless to launch the ball ... To me, Stage II impact is even more explosive and if you can load the shaft well, it could launch high and far. Both drivers produce high pitch cracking like sound if one can impact the ball on the sweet spot ... Both drivers are awesome and definitely value for money stuff ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:28 am

I tried my friend's SLDR in an after market matrix white tie shaft
It is rather muted at impact, ball flight is strong (neither too low not ballooning) but not as long compared to my Ryoma (5m shorter perhaps)

He originally got this SLDR in jap specs but was disappointed with the stock shaft, he said it was inconsistent (distance wise) despite good hits. He is a 9hcp so he is a good ball striker. So in case if you wanna pay a bit more to buy the jap specs, maybe think again...

I tried the x-hot driver in both Asian and global specs
To be honest, it never gave me the distance I had when I was gaming the older Razr Fit
The x-hot fw is pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 am

Had the chance to test Extreme Fit, Razr Fit and X hot. 
All with same shaft.

The x hot turned out to be the highest spinning of the three.
Based on trackman stats.

No surprise it did not give you much distance as compared to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Asahi, is the Extreme the lowest spinning of the 3?

Btw, which head launched the highest?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Quest wrote:
Asahi, is the Extreme the lowest spinning of the 3?

Btw, which head launched the highest?
With the BB 6S on all 3, the xHot launched the highest, followed by Razr fit then Extreme fit.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm

FYI... I was at the CIMB CLassic for 4 days, saw all the pros teeing off... at least 90% of pros using Taylormade drivers were using the SLDR

Is it as good as what TM marketed it to be?... time to find out for ourselves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 pm

botak wrote:
FYI... I was at the CIMB CLassic for 4 days, saw all the pros teeing off... at least 90% of pros using Taylormade drivers were using the SLDR

Is it as good as what TM marketed it to be?... time to find out for ourselves Very Happy
Bro, LTNS!

Pros are pros. You could give them a spade and they'll still belt the ball 250m down the center of the fairway.

Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Yea bro... LTNS

They're playing for millions... I doubt they'd go for a spade just because they're paid to
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:26 pm

botak wrote:
Yea bro... LTNS

They're playing for millions... I doubt they'd go for a spade just because they're paid to
True, but they're also sponsored for millions so I don't think the prize money makes too big a difference for these folks.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:30 pm

the top 10, maybe... but for the rest, it's not exactly raining dollar bills...

also, the prize money and benefits that come with winning an event is huge... just ask woodland, who missed a 10 foot putt... or fei jai Kiradech who had numerous birdie putts yesterday
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:49 pm

botak wrote:
the top 10, maybe... but for the rest, it's not exactly raining dollar bills...

also, the prize money and benefits that come with winning an event is huge... just ask woodland, who missed a 10 foot putt... or fei jai Kiradech who had numerous birdie putts yesterday
Ryan Moore picked up this one, rite bro?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Golfwrx says that Moore is using  TaylorMade Burner Superfast TP but I thought I saw an Adams driver... Then again, we all know Moore changes equipment as often as one changes underwear...

http://www.golfwrx.com/146073/ryan-moores-winning-witb/
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:56 am

Watz the market price for a stage 2 RBZ driver now? Hard to keep track of TM's prices. Smile Maybe interested in RBZ S2.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 5:53 pm

peace2903 wrote:
Watz the market price for a stage 2 RBZ driver now? Hard to keep track of TM's prices. Smile Maybe interested in RBZ S2.
Last seen golf house selling the global spec RBZ stage2 at $249 in Oct 2013.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 pm

saw it for 229 at isetan!
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Wa.... Price for golf equipment, forever dropping.
Got to try the FT Optiforce driver today at OCC.
They only have a 440cc on project 5.5 shaft.
Finds the 9.5" more air boring than my 10.5 xhot which is on regular shaft.
Distant wise I find it slightly shorter than my xhot; could be the cc or I can't fully load the 5.5 shaft....
Now waiting to try the 460cc FT Optiforce....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??   Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried Taylormade SLDR vs RBZ Stage 2 vs FT Optiforce vs X-Hot driver??
Page 1 of 1