Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?

Go down 
+9
bigsplash
toonified
Turbo
enwee
vinjess
willytan
herpderp
uncleP
jtek
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? Empty
PostSubject: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:57 am

Recently been having issue with my driver. Thinking of getting a coach for an hour or 2 lessons to fix my driver swing.

Any good coach around for driver?
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:24 am

check with the club fitter, U need to make sure that the shaft flex and the driver head suits U .
some fitters can give U pointers to straighten the swing

Since U are using the ZEN, why not ask Mr ER Ng to help U?
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 am

this site got my driver all sorted out. 
you should try it.

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/limo-driver-1508.html
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:56 pm

uncleP wrote:
check with the club fitter, U need to make sure that the shaft flex and the driver head suits U .

I was planning to see fitter to solve my problem but still hope to have my swing tune up before seeing fitter... Got to face the real world that my swing sucks... Ha ha ha

Anyway my zen (although it's the best putter I had & I'm not changing to other for now) is pre-owned I got from a GR bro... Smile
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:59 pm

herpderp wrote:
this site got my driver all sorted out. 
you should try it.

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/limo-driver-1508.html
This is a good one... U make my day bro!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm

jtek wrote:
Recently been having issue with my driver. Thinking of getting a coach for an hour or 2 lessons to fix my driver swing.

What's wrong? Can share cos I m also experiencing some bad patch with my driver or can I say inadequate coaching since getting my PC (Rojak learning from YouTube n low hcp frds).
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:32 pm

willytan wrote:
jtek wrote:

What's wrong? Can share cos I m also experiencing some bad patch with my driver or can I say inadequate coaching since getting my PC (Rojak learning from YouTube n low hcp frds).
Mine too. The ball go straight but go towards right. Tried changing my gripping but seems no diff.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 pm

vinjess wrote:

Mine too. The ball go straight but go towards right. Tried changing my gripping but seems no diff.
I have the same problem bro;

My frd told me to align my shoulders to the target n re-emphasized swing using the hip n left shoulder only. If we focus on "loading" n gaining longer distance by hitting the ball harder, then the right shoulder will usually move faster than the left thus causing the ball to fly right.

I have since adjusted the a/m issue n focus more on straightening my arms; the results are straighter flight to the center of target n slightly further distance with lesser strength.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:58 pm

willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:

I have the same problem bro;

My frd told me to align my shoulders to the target n re-emphasized swing using the hip n left shoulder only. If we focus on "loading" n gaining longer distance by hitting the ball harder, then the right shoulder will usually move faster than the left thus causing the ball to fly right.

I have since adjusted the a/m issue n focus more on straightening my arms; the results are straighter flight to the center of target n slightly further distance with lesser strength.
Hi Bro Willy . Maybe should meet you up one day to range and you can correct me Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 pm

Actually is there a driver swing? Last time I was told one swing for all. Except for driver the ball is more toward the left foot for right hander.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 pm

vinjess wrote:

Hi Bro Willy . Maybe should meet you up one day to range and you can correct me Smile
Sure do bro vinjess.

I usually range at SCC after 4.30pm to abt 6pm before fetching wife n kids. Or if both are free, can meet up else where to share n correct each other.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:26 pm

enwee wrote:
Actually is there a driver swing? Last time I was told one swing for all. Except for driver the ball is more toward the left foot for right hander.
It depends how you look at it ... driver swing plane is flatter and one hits up (ascending) on impact with the ball and instead of hitting down (like hitting iron shot) ... Iron swing plane is more upright ...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
It depends how you look at it ... driver swing plane is flatter and one hits up (ascending) on impact with the ball and instead of hitting down (like hitting iron shot) ... Iron swing plane is more upright ...
Yes, I noe it's more flat but it's more likely due to it much longer. Because last time, my coach shown me some pics of pro from wedges to driver. Practically, what's changes it's his stance get bigger as the club go longer and hence the swing look flatter.
Back to top Go down
toonified
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:12 am

enwee wrote:
I was taught this too, the only difference is the angle of attack which is naturally brought out by placing the ball to the forward feet thus hitting the ball after the shallowest point of swing.

Pls correct me if I am wrong Smile
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:15 am

willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:

Sure do bro vinjess.

I usually range at SCC after 4.30pm to abt 6pm before fetching wife n kids. Or if both are free, can meet up else where to share n correct each other.
SCC???
sembawang or seletar????
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:37 am

jtek wrote:
uncleP wrote:

I was planning to see fitter to solve my problem but still hope to have my swing tune up before seeing fitter... Got to face the real world that my swing sucks... Ha ha ha

Anyway my zen (although it's the best putter I had & I'm not changing to other for now) is pre-owned I got from a GR bro... Smile
I believe when he see the Zen, he is more than happy to help U .  U appreciate his product and furthermore U might end up buying a shaft or driver from him.

why pros use 45 inches, 44.5, some 6S, X ,7 S, ...... and some prefer tipping the shaft?
Feel.  the way the shaft flex, high kick low kick.....

OK U focus on the swing, but the shaft dont fit, then Got to change swing???
cannot change over night, at least 6 months of hard work at range.

moment have a game with betting kakis, then U back to square one.
OLD habit die hard.

By the way, top 20 PGA pros dont swing the same.
the impact is similar.
good luck
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:50 am

i realise watching too much Re|MAX World longest drive competition really screws up my swing...
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am

willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:

Sure do bro vinjess.

Where is SCC huh?
Back to top Go down
Sean76
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Sean76

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Seletar Country Club
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:59 pm

vinjess wrote:
willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:

Where is SCC huh?
I mean SCC = Sembawang country club.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:01 pm

willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:
willytan wrote:
vinjess wrote:

Where is SCC huh?
I mean SCC = Sembawang country club.
Thought sembawang is sbgc
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Jtek

It would be ideal that you seek help from a golf professional who has access to a credible launch monitor, such as Trackman.As far as club fitting goes, Eric at Bigfish has a Trackman and understands the figures as well as anyone does.

Both would have very different approaches.

As far as my coaching goes, this would be how I'd approach the lesson after adequate warm up with the shorter clubs

Hit 10 shots on Trackman
Video down the line and front on
Basic explanation of Trackman figures (Clubhead speed,ball speed,smash,angle of attack,path,clubface angle etc)
Help my student understand the numbers he creates
Discuss the mechanics of his swing and how it influences the numbers(for example why he hooks or slices)
Show him realistic targets based on clubhead speed
Help him optimise driver performance by adjusting basic fundamentals,understanding and technique

The clubfitter's job is a very different one. Instead of making adjustments to your swing to optimise numbers, he uses his expertise and knowledge with Trackman and his products to help you get the most out of your swing. Unless the clubfitter is a PGA Professional of course. Then he would also offer expert swing advice.

I hope this helps.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Sounds like great lesson, I'm on my way! Increased the loft on my driver today, bit longer but need to look at the figures....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Sounds like great lesson, I'm on my way! Increased the loft on my driver today, bit longer but need to look at the figures....
Looks like we need the binoculars for our next game!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:32 am

Had to give the Driver head back, was experimenting with higher loft. Back to my 60 meter behind Jack club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?   Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning to get a lesson to tune up my driver. Any recommendation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next