Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver problem. HELP.....

Go down 
+25
Birdman
GolfMad62
TDO
DLWL
willytan
essentiale
edtv75
jhan18
skybobo
zhenxua
jason.koh.54966
Khorkar
pushslice
slinger
Duval_S
Derek
nutty88
iron eagle
rt
Turbo
chien
KCL
Technospaz
ahhhling
mariateo
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 pm

GolfMad62 wrote:
The truth is no one on here is qualified to give you advice because no one on here is a certified teaching pro. Go to somewhere like Champions golf course and get someone like their former touring pros ie: Alan Murray, Gary Doolan or Richard Harries to teach you properly.
 Justin who gave his advice on page 2 is more than qualified to give advice! Just it doesn't seem to be wanted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:39 pm

shorthitter wrote:
GolfMad62 wrote:
The truth is no one on here is qualified to give you advice because no one on here is a certified teaching pro. Go to somewhere like Champions golf course and get someone like their former touring pros ie: Alan Murray, Gary Doolan or Richard Harries to teach you properly.
 Justin who gave his advice on page 2 is more than qualified to give advice! Just it doesn't seem to be wanted!
errr...that's on page 3...Smile
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Aiya, Maria, I think you never drink enough to relax yourself lah.... What a Face

Ok, Jokes aside. If the fitter said you hit down, I wonder how did the ball go sky high? Usually when you hit down, the club head is delofted, it will send the ball low flying shot. Better to get your coach to do video analysis again, especially from the side to see your impact zone.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:09 pm

FYI neutralgolfer, the chart numbers below show the results of hitting down, level, and up, with the driver.

Hitting down with the driver increases backspin substantially which causes the ball to fly 'sky high'.

Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 CarryDistance

Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:41 pm

tks, birdman.
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Today I tried standing more left, but it didn't work. However, ball found the fairway today. Tomorrow I'm going see my coach and do some fine tuning. Think I must be getting old.  Smile)))
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 pm

mariateo wrote:
Today I tried standing more left, but it didn't work. However, ball found the fairway today. Tomorrow I'm going see my coach and do some fine tuning. Think I must be getting old.  Smile)))
 What you mean standing more left??  It should be - Your ball positions more to the left heel at address (preferably inside of the left heel if you are a right hander) ... With this setup, your shoulders will be naturally tilted down to the right side slightly ...
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Just back from my session.... Surprise surprise !!!! It's ball to the right leg for lower flight! *GASP* 

But that's just a quick fix. More useful when there's strong wind blah blah blah.... Trying out something new at the moment ... Because the ultimate cause of the problem is my reverse pivot finish.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:42 pm

mariateo wrote:
Just back from my session.... Surprise surprise !!!! It's ball to the right leg for lower flight! *GASP* 

But that's just a quick fix. More useful when there's strong wind blah blah blah.... Trying out something new at the moment ... Because the ultimate cause of the problem is my reverse pivot finish.
 Result...?  Still plays very good score in RCC!  Where is the driver problem ????
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 am

Khorkar wrote:
mariateo wrote:

Result...?  Still plays very good score in RCC!  Where is the driver problem ????
Hahahahaha u so funny. Will be changing my swing abit. Less game, more range Sad
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:32 pm

hi maria, i like yur thread with so many informative inputs from all ard, may yur drives be more straight n very very far soon Wink 

btw in case u wondering, i'm e guy who got e travel bag jus before u so time ago.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver problem. HELP.....   Driver problem. HELP..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver problem. HELP.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3