Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?

Go down 
+25
shorthitter
willytan
Khorkar
nivl3k
tjy
sywog
poresia
monoshox15
sob
kenneth18
edtv75
sagiteric
flashpacker
snagy23
outlander
jeffman88
enwee
peace2903
sebastianlim
idrahus
Cnng121
gino
unfinished
simon1982
RngRover
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nivl3k
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 am

not a good idea at all! i was planning to go tomorrow:(
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:32 am

Try green fairway.  They a 9holes.  Friendly to walk in.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:39 am

Khorkar wrote:
 Here's the link,
http://www.championsgolf.com.sg/range.html
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:43 am

I usually go Mandai ex as it is quite close to my office if I m itching for some quickie golf as it welcome single baller. But with the new regulation, I will instead go SCC driving range or drive down NSRCC par 3 or JCC for short game practice.

It really doesn't make sense if you dun allow walk-in for any public course.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Khorkar wrote:
 Green Fairway also implementing booking system....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:32 pm

willytan wrote:

It really doesn't make sense if you dun allow walk-in for any public course.
 Marina Bay is a Public Course...  walk in but will be put into a foursome....

any public course you 1 ball, 2 ball tee off, is costing money...  booking system makes everyone a 4 ball...  more money more efficient!

PS. I am not associated with or agree with the booking system!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:40 pm

sob wrote:
Absolutely agree that it's nonsense, there should be telephone or online booking.making someone go down in person is stupid.

Maybe they forgot that its not a private club.
Totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
RngRover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
RngRover

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

I called at 7:30 today to check if I could book a flight.  The lady that answer said, "Sorry we do not take phone bookings."  However, they did inform me there are flights available from 8:00am but I needed to go down book and make payment for all players on the flight.

Well at this stage, I was thinking myself do I really want to be calling people at 7:30 am ask if they can play at 3:00pm, forget it. 

I went down at 8:00 and just joined a flight of players anyway to get rid of the itch to play.

Friendly flight mates and I got the itch out of my system but it would have been nice to have a game with a group of friends. 

Quality of course was descent to good, game okay (still learning), satisfaction with experience of going down and having to join a random flight instead of playing with my regular still overall upset with this %$*%$ system.Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

FYI various ppl who worked there think that it was better with the old system.   HELP
Back to top Go down
wbjia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wbjia

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 11:38 pm

stupid policy:affraid:
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:38 pm

super bad idea, especially if you have to gthere to book !
They may have made some chnages, but  they have to see how their mashall works.... !!!! so impolite ! and unworthy to talk to. the only sentence he knows is "I am the master !" what the hell is this
And i agree the balls and mats in Mandai are terrible ... feeling like hiting a pilar or a pole.

Green fairways also ?? no online booking ? so bad ... especially that the course is not that busy and the fact that it is a walk in is making green fairways more attractive
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I think Mandai accepts walk-in Liao cos that what I did with friend the other day. They have a time sheet which u can physically check n tell them what time you want (which can be 10-15mins after your payment) n they will require you to mark ur name.

The problem is that with the low traffic of players at the course, the course condition didn't improve but remain status quo. The management should upkeep the course to be on same standard as NSRCC par3 or better so that ppl are willing to book in advance to play at Mandai without improvement, ppl will slowly find other alternative.
Back to top Go down
membina27a
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:18 pm

willytan wrote:
I think Mandai accepts walk-in Liao cos that what I did with friend the other day. They have a time sheet which u can physically check n tell them what time you want (which can be 10-15mins after your payment) n they will require you to mark ur name.

The problem is that with the low traffic of players at the course, the course condition didn't improve but remain status quo. The management should upkeep the course to be on same standard as NSRCC par3 or better so that ppl are willing to book in advance to play at Mandai  without improvement, ppl will slowly find other alternative.
Called them last week and they say walk-in only. So is it walk-in or phone booking. They should have a website as well. But its cheap so thats y maybe service not the best and maintenance as well.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 pm

I believe u can walk-in for Mandai EC Liao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?   What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your view on the new Executive Course Tee Off Booking?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2