Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seletar Country Club.....any view?

Go down 
+2
bb2
Duval_S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Seletar Country Club.....any view? Empty
PostSubject: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:26 am

Any view or news or comments about Seletar CC?

Someone I know am comtemplating of buying the full membership or just getting the term , but heard some news about land being taken back etc etc.

Having kaki to play is key but how about the course etc etc now since the revamp. I played there just before the renovation and the course was pretty bad unlike my first time where it was really very berry good.

Back to top Go down
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bb2

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Course is getting into shape now. New greens still fairly slow but definitely getting better.

To me the view here is still the best especially for guys like us that walk the evening rounds

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Seletar is good!

Tough but enjoyable (nice variety, doglegs, up and down but not torturing like Keppel)

Pretty slow greens but ball still rolls nicely. not bumps. Undulating but the breaks do not fool you

and the buggy can go on to fairways, even right after rain stops.

Shower place is nicely done. Locker area a little bit spartan.

Halfway house has nice prawn mee. Didnt have chance to taste food on clubhouse.

Lots of members walking, and I can see why. Good scenic views.

I think the long hitters will enjoy this course for the length and short hitters will still enjoy it because many greens are well protected/well designed so it makes playing there interesting.
Back to top Go down
RT2
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Just played at Seletar today. Have plenty of trees, bunkers and occasional bodies of water. Much 'nicer' than Marina Bay or Kranji. A few fairways are quite close to each other, though quite difficult to end up borrowing fairways.

Fried carrot cake (with chilli) and mee siam at the two halfway houses are quite good. :-)
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 am

second PushSlice on this. Definitely more scenic then most of the course I've been to. Placement of the blue tee makes it much more challenging and longish.

Really beautiful setup, some of the green needs improvement but overall a very nice course. Need good consisten drive and good second shot into the green.

the only downside is, getting there, abit longish and dusty, car needs to be wash straight away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Any Seletar members here? I would like to check if it is difficult to get flights on Weekends?

Me and my kakis are considering joining .... :-)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seletar Country Club.....any view?   Seletar Country Club.....any view? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seletar Country Club.....any view?
Page 1 of 1