Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend booking at Spore courses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Weekend booking at Spore courses Empty
PostSubject: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am

Hi fellow golfers,

I am thinking of getting a spore golf membership with some friends.

I play regularly every Saturday morning, and find it make sense to join a club considering that weekend price is so high. But I just found out that joining a club doesn't make it easier to play on Saturday morning as most clubs usually are packed on weekend.

In fact, most club requires you to physically queue on the Friday before to book for the next week weekend slot? That's very troublesome right?

Can any members of RCC kindly help to advise if it is true? Don't they have internet booking?
Even public course like Marina have online booking.

Puzzled.

Thanks for all kind advice please.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Yes, you are right. RCC does not have internet booking yet although it has been discussed 2 years ago.

You need to go down personally after 3.30pm on Friday (for one flight booking) for next Sat booking. Alternative, you can call on Sunday morning for next weekend slot.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks 22tang for the explanation. Wow....wouldn't that be very inconvenient for members to personally go down during a weekday just to book? Hope they get their internet system up soon!
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

When I joined 2 years ago, I shared the same thought as you now. Luckily, 2 of my regular kakis worked around Jurong area so it helps.

If you make a trip down, you are almost assure of a flight on Sat.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:42 pm

I am assuming you are interested in getting RCC membership.

Currently, they are renovating the Lake course green and Palm course might undergo a revamp. Long term, it makes sense.

Apart from Sat morning, it is quite easy to secure a flight on Sun morning or afternoon and Sat afternoon too.

During weekdays, they allow 1 ball to play and sometime I will do it in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
icta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks for your explanation. Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend booking at Spore courses   Weekend booking at Spore courses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend booking at Spore courses
Page 1 of 1