Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feedback for TT GS85..?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

Feedback for TT GS85..? Empty
PostSubject: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi folks, any one tried these shafts?
Comparing wif ns pro...

Welcome all inputs... Tks...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Stanix wrote:
Comparing wif ns pro...

Callg bro escyb. Laughing
He s gaming w this shafts on his Srixon irons fr quite awhile b4 a switch to SF! Wink
Fr wat I knw alittle is tat the ball flight ll b slightly lower than NSPRO. Cool
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 am

Stanix wrote:
Comparing wif ns pro...

Bro Stanix, yr question v general...makes a bit hard to answer you.

Hope this helps....actually I own the GS 95, not 85. but I game both for a short time together. I didn't have the chance to try the stiff version (only have the reg) but to what I gather from the web, there isn't a lot of difference between reg & stiff. I believe the EI profile for GS 85 & 95 maybe quite different though, think the kick point for 85 is lower compared to 95. Wish the EI profile for TT shafts can be easily found on the web. Seems TT guards their shafts info rather tightly.

Th GS 85 is actually high launching (same or higher than GS 95), probably just slightly below ns pro 1050 or 950 for me. Keep in mind that everyone swings differently, so maybe its different for you. You can definitely feel the kick very low in these shafts, which is why the ball flight is so high. On a windy day, its a horror story but great for golfers who can't get the ball off the ground. On a LM, I dropped about 10+m in height but gain an extra club length after switching to SF i80.

Dispersion, for me the GS 85 is decently straight 70% of the time, meaning the ovalisation upon shaft loading is not as much compared to when I hit ns pro 950. But its no where in comparison to the SF i80. I believe the low kick + soft tip is the reason why the dispersion rate for GS 85 is not as consistent.

When it comes to feel, again its personal but the GS 85 does provide a lot of feedback, sometimes tooooooo much, especially when you hit the ground first. The vibes are legendary! Even ns pro absorbs some of the shock. SF of course, absorbs even more but still provide great feedback.

Weight wise, if you google about it, GS 85 is actually about 90+g but light compared to many steel shafts in the market, TT R/S 300 is over 120g, KBS tour hovers ard 110g, ns pro modus also above 120g. This is not a scientific test but from my own experience, after a round of 18 holes, between GS 85 & 95, I can't really tell much difference in weight but they are less tiring compared to ns pro 1050.

I guess I covered all that I can this time of the nite.....hope the above provides some info to your quest, bro Stanix!

Edwin
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Hkhamateur: tks, dude...

Escyb: seem u like ur SF... Hehe
Me did tried the SF.... Wow....
Still tinkin, shld i ant... Haha
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 am

Stanix, if you r interested in getting a good set of shaft, I highly recommend SF at bfg. If you want alot of info on SF....chk out this link - http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/index.php/category/categories/aerotech/
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Escyb: dude, u evil leh.. haha farao
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Stanix wrote:
Escyb: dude, u evil leh.. haha farao
Well u can said that Brandt snedeker and Matt kuchar using sf in PGA. Who using gs85?
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Wif tat kind of money, i am choosing between a swing coach or shafts nw... Lol
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:35 am

Stanix wrote:
Wif tat kind of money, i am choosing between a swing coach or shafts nw... Lol
Choose both, u need both to compliment one another
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Tight budget nw, buddy.. hehe
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Logically its the coach first but i think u will pick the shafts first...! heehee
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Haha....
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Did i mention...tats what i did!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am

Erm, what if ur coach tink otherwise on ur SF...? Hehe
I was adviced by my pal's kaki tat it may happen n ended up spendin even more.. haha
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 1:28 am

When tat happens, the coach is doing a fitter's job....as to whether is it a good thing or not, the golfer will hav to decide. I hav heard if the same thing happening as well but the coach has seems to hav another agenda....one tat the coach is trying to sell of some other shafts...
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh man...
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Stanix

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am

Hi folks, cant stop tinkn abt SF...
Decided to giv it another shot.. hehe
Got my 7i changed to i90, tks to eric n my pal whom chio me to the poison den yesterday.. haha

N prayin for the damn haze to shoo away...

Feels light when swing the i80
But more feel with the i90

Aiyo, headache ar...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback for TT GS85..?   Feedback for TT GS85..? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feedback for TT GS85..?
Page 1 of 1