Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for feedback

Go down 
5 posters

Please choose as many as you want
I would pay $75 for a 2 hour workshop
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap17%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 9 ]
Too expensive
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap15%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
I would attend a workshop on a weekday evening
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap22%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 12 ]
I would attend a workshop on a weekend afternoon
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap19%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 10 ]
I would attend a half day golf school
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap20%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 11 ]
I doubt that it would help me
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap6%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Not at all interested
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap0%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
This guy's full of crap
Looking for feedback I_vote_lcap1%Looking for feedback I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 54

AuthorMessage
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

Looking for feedback Empty
PostSubject: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Good evening everyone!

I am looking for some feedback and would like to encourage everyone to share their thoughts.

First my story. (short version)

As a young Professional learning to teach golf, it was all about technique, technique, technique. Over the years I developed a sound understanding of the essentials of technique for golfers (still learning every day) and got better and better at identifying technical flaws with golfers swings.

Over time I got better at teaching, my students often got better at golfing, but it never seemed to last, or it only seemed to work on the range when I was there and then when the student got on the golf course it didn't seem to happen the same way.

Then I realized that it had more to do with me than it did them. I wasn't doing a good enough job of making sure that my students had a sound understanding of how to make it last, make it permanent, and make it happen when it mattered most, on the golf course. I was showing the what to do, but wasn't showing them how to practice properly or working on the routines and the mental techniques that were going to make it happen out on the golf course, consistently.

So, I started to do some homework, studied the "gurus" of coaching, the mental game, sports psychology, psychology, coaching styles, learning styles, and the best research done on things like practice and skill development.

Ok, enough ramble...

I've developed a couple of workshops that cover the most crucial elements of the mental game and practice. Basically if you are a golfer who is serious about improvement, you need to know this stuff. If you are a golfer who thinks that you're not improving as fast as you should be, you need to know this stuff.

I watch golfers practice and practice and practice, and play and play and play, and very few of them are improving at a rate anywhere near what is possible.

The workshops have been successful and the feedback from the golfers who have been through the workshops has been very positive.

My issue is scheduling and pricing.

Scheduling these workshops has not been easy. Each workshop lasts 2 hours.
I'm still trying to figure out when is the best time to do these things.

I've also considered taking both workshops and putting them together into a half day golf school.

I would love to hear thoughts and feedback from anyone who is still with me here.

Fill out the little pole, or leave a comment or PM or whatever.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Brad,

I think you right on a few points, it's not the skill but the ability to replicate shots on the course .Alot of us can do very well on the range but when on the course, we only get one shot.I think it's mostly mental and I think a lot of us do not know how to overcome this problem.

Honestly I have been looking at the workshops that u are offering and looking to join one or two depending.
However I would not suggest running the two workshop in a half day thing.
Not enough brain matter to absorb much info lol.

My two cents worth

Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 pm

I've also thought of doing something like a 2 day 1 night Golf School at a place like Ria Bintan.

Any thoughts on that one?

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 7:24 pm

punkrockpga wrote:
I've also thought of doing something like a 2 day 1 night Golf School at a place like Ria Bintan.

Sounds interesting!
It's quite popular in the States, but the golf camp has specific areas to work on
Scoring zone,course management and strategy etc.
If you have an agenda it would be great.

But again what's the damage?
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

how about conducting a free workshop.. Twisted Evil sort of like a preview where we get to meet u and hear ur thoughts on coaching and golf and stuff and have some interaction... think that way ppl will try to squeeze it into their schedules.. you set the date time n venue .... if there is synergy and we feel we can benefit from ur coaching we could perhaps sign up.... maybe pay a nominal sum like $10 for a bucket of balls and some refreshments...
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:17 pm

sob wrote:
punkrockpga wrote:

Sounds interesting!
It's quite popular in the States, but the golf camp has specific areas to work on
Scoring zone,course management and strategy etc.
If you have an agenda it would be great.

But again what's the damage?

I will do some homework and put together an agenda and costs.

Like anything it would be a case of you get what you pay for.

Cheap, probably not.

Worth it. Definitely.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:19 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
how about conducting a free workshop.. Twisted Evil sort of like a preview where we get to meet u and hear ur thoughts on coaching and golf and stuff and have some interaction... think that way ppl will try to squeeze it into their schedules.. you set the date time n venue .... if there is synergy and we feel we can benefit from ur coaching we could perhaps sign up.... maybe pay a nominal sum like $10 for a bucket of balls and some refreshments...

I like this idea!

I will put together an evening and invite the GR members down.

I will keep you all posted on this one.

Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 pm

The guru that can teach anyone to drive a further 30m will have alot of students.
Can you do this regardless of the student's ability?
I am sure this is the wish of every golfer, just that they are too shy to admit it.
Do this and you will have alot of students.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Quote :
The guru that can teach anyone to drive a further 30m will have alot of students.

Actually no leh.. change to ladies 7 flex can hit more than 160m as is.. but then dispersion is not quite acceptable... must be guru who can teach how to drive further and accurately
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Quote :
I will put together an evening and invite the GR members down

Sir one evening not enuf leh.. there will be many who wanna come but cant for one reason or another so maybe a few evenings with a limit to the nos otherwise ppl r gonna say learn wat? so many ppl cant even hear the chap talking r see wat he is demonstrating...Razz
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Quote :

Sounds like a plan. I hazard to guess but think most ppl do not hv that kind of time to spare as getting away for a game once or twice a mth oredi tough enuf... alternatively do it in JB, reckon its cheaper and since most will drive they will hv greater mobility and flexibility ...
Back to top Go down
Groo111
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:32 pm

punkrockpga wrote:
jeffman88 wrote:

I like this idea!

I will put together an evening and invite the GR members down.

I will keep you all posted on this one.

I am keen for a preview. update me
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:48 pm

punkrockpga wrote:

I've developed a couple of workshops that cover the most crucial elements of the mental game and practice. Basically if you are a golfer who is serious about improvement, you need to know this stuff. If you are a golfer who thinks that you're not improving as fast as you should be, you need to know this stuff.

I watch golfers practice and practice and practice, and play and play and play, and very few of them are improving at a rate anywhere near what is possible.

The workshops have been successful and the feedback from the golfers who have been through the workshops has been very positive.

I've scheduled a couple of workshops for this month on Monday 20th, and Monday 27th.

August 20th will be workshop #1 and will focus on preparing to play and what you need to know about deep practice, skill development, and how to take it from the range to the course.

August 27th will be workshop #2 and will focus on the mental skills that will allow you to feel good no matter how you play or who you play with and teach you how to perform under pressure.

My coaching revolves around the principles in these workshops and I just can't stress enough how important they are to any golfer who is serious about improvement.

Pricing looks like this:

Regular Price: $75 for each workshop
GR Promo Price #1: $100 for 2 golfers / 1 workshop
GR Promo Price #2: $100 for 1 golfer both workshops

Here is the link: http://www.bradfordprogolf.com/mental-game-workshops/

Also, I haven't forgotten about some of the other ideas on this thread and am working on putting together a night where I can invite you all down for a little range / social session.

Have a great weekend everyone and please feel free to get a hold of me if you want any more details.

Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Dang!Can't make the 27 th workshop, any other dates the following month?
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:55 am

sob wrote:
Dang!Can't make the 27 th workshop, any other dates the following month?

It will definitely be a more regular thing.

I am going to be doing regular monthly sessions for the workshop and of one night a month of open house practice session for anyone who has been through the workshop to come down and and refresh or ask questions or touch up on the skills / ideas or just have some supervised practice.

Putting together the future dates and details and will keep everyone posted.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for feedback   Looking for feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for feedback
Page 1 of 1