Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FJ M project/DNA feedback

Go down 
+18
Starman
dionpratama
riverdeity
HitSoft
enwee
uluangler
18underPar
Turbo
asahi
wilier izoard
pug
Gray
Elephant789
garethgjw
chip_munkie
DiVoTion
Botak88
chiajinhon
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

FJ M project/DNA feedback Empty
PostSubject: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello gents, 

I just got myself a pair of m projects, cleated version. First impressions are: wow, its like wearing nothing at all! Super comfy. BUT....

Wore it to par 3 course, and by the third hole, the left, front most cleat came loose and got lost (went back to the shop and promptly got cleat replaced Smile).  Also,  I had some qualms regarding the durability of the rather complex (in the engineering sense) BOA system.

So to those in the know out there: any issues with cleats coming loose frequently?  Is the BOA system able to function for a few years or will be spoilt once warranty is up?

Last edited by chiajinhon on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Bro; 

Dun mind share wher u bought n how much??
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Bought at golf house laguna at $208... the sales guy there is quite nice too
Back to top Go down
DiVoTion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DiVoTion

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:48 pm

I had a pair of boa system fj shoes for abt 2 years now. Boa still working.
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:41 pm

My project m still works well for me, didn't face any cleats issues, u might want to bring back to the shop / ascunet to check.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Ya brought back a second time cos same cleat dropped out again...  Mad
Back to top Go down
garethgjw
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garethgjw

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am

been having the the M Project with BOA for a short while. probably 3 range sessions and 3 rounds of 18..so far serving me well..
Back to top Go down
Elephant789
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Elephant789

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 am

I had mine for about 5 months and two weeks ago I noticed that the top spike was missing.  I had some spare so I changed it myself.  Then this weekend I noticed that the spike in the same location went missing again.  Maybe a fault in the grooves in that particular hole.  It's the same hole as yours.

I won mine in a contest so I don't know what I can do.

I believe the BOA are guaranteed for life.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:34 am

The shoe comes with 1 year warranty... was it provided to you when you won the contest?
Back to top Go down
Elephant789
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Elephant789

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 am

chiajinhon wrote:
The shoe comes with 1 year warranty... was it provided to you when you won the contest?
I'm not sure, but I will look into it.  I didn't even realize it might have been a manufacturing error until I saw this post.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 10:19 am

I realised my shoes are not waterproof. water leaks in when I wash them at the shoe washing bay with the air and water spray.

Not as good as my old FJs
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:47 pm

I faced the cleat disappearing flaw too. Lost 2 so far and MST Golf at MBGC was kind to replace them one at a time. Decided to get a whole box and put in the bag.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello again gents. Unfortunately I gotta revive this topic as  I'm very very close to giving up on my m projects. My first pair had the same spike location coming loose twice. I subsequently changed the entire shoe with the shop. Within 2 range sessions the spike came loose again (same spot again!). I started to suspect maybe I'm the problem since its the same location (maybe too much pressure on that particular spot). Today after 18 holes, the spike near my left heel got lost. That's the 4th strike already and its a new location. 

I'm considering changing the shoes again but this time I'm thinking of getting the DNAs. Any kind of feedback will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:58 pm

I am a big fan of Footjoy shoes but now a days Footjoy shoes can't really last . My xps boa starting to tear at the side wall of the sole  after one year and water sipping in already . Older days  Footjoy shoe quality was better but dun know what's happening now . Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 pm

Not really......so far my FJ has been good to me as compared to the 3 stripes I was wearing previously.

If there is any problem within a year, can bring back to FJ and check.

Back to topic, just by looks, the DNA looks real good!

Would love to get one soon..... On Green
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm

wilier izoard wrote:
I am a big fan of Footjoy shoes but now a days Footjoy shoes can't really last . My xps boa starting to tear at the side wall of the sole  after one year and water sipping in already . Older days  Footjoy shoe quality was better but dun know what's happening now . Sad Sad

Did you bought your FJ during a sale? Shoes have shelf life, bro ... I've very bad experience with Nike a few years ago. Not sure if Nike has improved their quality now especially on the type of glue employed ...
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 am

Turbo wrote:
wilier izoard wrote:

Did you bought your FJ during a sale? Shoes have shelf life, bro ... I've very bad experience with Nike a few years ago. Not sure if Nike has improved their quality now especially on the type of glue employed ...
Turbo .. Not from sale . Is regular pricing .My friend shoe also same problem . Just send in to Footjoy agent.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:38 am

just wanna add my 2 cents here! was always a fan of adidas golf shoes, was wearing the TOUR 360 ATV's up until recently... i was pretty excited about the PURE 360s but decided to try on the FOOTJOY DNA's ..... and i have to say, the DNA's are hands down, the MOST comfortable golf shoes i've ever wore in my life... very nice!!

FJ M project/DNA feedback Bko3i04CcAAVoT4
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:25 am

Bought a pair of M projects, fitted alright at the shop, took it to the range a couple of times and was getting blisters, did not like how they fitted, end up gave them away.

Bought a pair of DNA with BOA system, very comfy straight out of the box and really like the BOA system.
however I have an issue with the spikes coming off. So far had them for around 1.5 months, have lost 4-5 spikes. I have a whole pack in my golf bag and when i lose one, i just screw on a new one.
Never happened with my other FJs.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:44 am

uluangler, your spikes came off during game or during range session?
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:16 am

Both, on the range(both grass and mat) and on the course, it happens more often on the range mat but on the mat i won't lose it, i can just screw it back on.
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:30 am

It happens for me only on range mat. Maybe you can try removing all the spikes and cleaning the sockets of the shoe and clean the spikes also. It seems to help a bit...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:56 am

wilier izoard wrote:
I heard complained on FJ recent models also....maybe they change glue manufacturer?
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:07 pm

The dryjoys casual is a great line by footjoy too. Made in the same mould as the flagship DNA but spikeless. Just got myself a pair and they're a world apart from the Adidas pair I was wearing previously.
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:59 pm

18underPar wrote:
just wanna add my 2 cents here! was always a fan of adidas golf shoes, was wearing the TOUR 360 ATV's up until recently... i was pretty excited about the PURE 360s but decided to try on the FOOTJOY DNA's ..... and i have to say, the DNA's are hands down, the MOST comfortable golf shoes i've ever wore in my life... very nice!!

FJ M project/DNA feedback Bko3i04CcAAVoT4
Bro 18underPar;

Can share wher n how u bought it??

Dam chio n considering getng 1 also

TIA  Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FJ M project/DNA feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next