Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FJ M project/DNA feedback

Go down 
+18
Starman
dionpratama
riverdeity
HitSoft
enwee
uluangler
18underPar
Turbo
asahi
wilier izoard
pug
Gray
Elephant789
garethgjw
chip_munkie
DiVoTion
Botak88
chiajinhon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:20 am

Botak88 wrote:
18underPar wrote:
just wanna add my 2 cents here! was always a fan of adidas golf shoes, was wearing the TOUR 360 ATV's up until recently... i was pretty excited about the PURE 360s but decided to try on the FOOTJOY DNA's ..... and i have to say, the DNA's are hands down, the MOST comfortable golf shoes i've ever wore in my life... very nice!!

FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 Bko3i04CcAAVoT4
Bro 18underPar;

Can share wher n how u bought it??

Dam chio n considering getng 1 also

TIA  Beer

hey Botak88! since we're based over in Vancouver, we just bought these at a local golf retailer, Golf Town. they are hot shoes right now, so we were lucky to get a pair as their first shipment was nearly sold out!! very accessible over here... with an in-store promotion as well, this pair of DNA's cost us $200 CDN (about SGD 230)!

the all white looks great, but i also like the white/navy blue colourway!!

are they not readily available over in SG yet? whenever they are available, definitely go try them on, best golf shoes we've put on and tested on the course in a long time! seems to get more comfortable as we play more golf!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:54 am

wilier izoard wrote:
I am a big fan of Footjoy shoes but now a days Footjoy shoes can't really last . My xps boa starting to tear at the side wall of the sole  after one year and water sipping in already . Older days  Footjoy shoe quality was better but dun know what's happening now . Sad Sad

Don't quite agree with this, i have a pair of footboy dry joy that i purchased in November 2012 and only now I am going to change them due to missing spikes. 
I use them a lot and play maybe 3 rounds a week, and over here in the UK we walk the courses.
It might be a case of wrong usage, a lot of people wear the shoes every where, from the car to the club house and all over the place which causes unnecessary wear, i believe these shoes are meant to just be used on grass surfaces?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:25 am

Botak88 wrote:

Bro 18underPar;

Can share wher n how u bought it??

Dam chio n considering getng 1 also

TIA  Beer

Bro, FJ DNA is already available in Singapore ...  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:30 am

18underPar wrote:

hey Botak88! since we're based over in Vancouver, we just bought these at a local golf retailer, Golf Town. they are hot shoes right now, so we were lucky to get a pair as their first shipment was nearly sold out!! very accessible over here... with an in-store promotion as well, this pair of DNA's cost us $200 CDN (about SGD 230)!

the all white looks great, but i also like the white/navy blue colourway!!

are they not readily available over in SG yet? whenever they are available, definitely go try them on, best golf shoes we've put on and tested on the course in a long time! seems to get more comfortable as we play more golf!!

It is already available in Singapore in most major Golf stores ... Price is about the same as what you got in Canada after discount ... But don't expect such price in big stores like Isetan, GH, Pan West, etc. I was quoted this price in one of the stores in FESC 2nd Level ...
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:23 am

Thks bro 18underPar & Turbo.

Free will go CCLL liao.  pig
Back to top Go down
dionpratama
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dionpratama

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Bro, have you ever tried Ecco biom shoes? I'm curious in the comparison since so far for me, Biom is the most comfortable shoes . This DNA looks beautiful. 18underPar wrote:
just wanna add my 2 cents here! was always a fan of adidas golf shoes, was wearing the TOUR 360 ATV's up until recently... i was pretty excited about the PURE 360s but decided to try on the FOOTJOY DNA's ..... and i have to say, the DNA's are hands down, the MOST comfortable golf shoes i've ever wore in my life... very nice!!

Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:05 am

@bro dionpratama,

i haven't tried on the ECCO biom's yet, i'll be sure to look out for them and let you know how i feel they compare to the DNA's though Smile
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 11:41 am

dionpratama wrote:
Bro, have you ever tried Ecco biom shoes? I'm curious in the comparison since so far for me, Biom is the most comfortable shoes . This DNA looks beautiful. 18underPar wrote:

@dionpratama

just tried on the ECCO BIOM's today--they are very comfortable too!! i'd say it's just as comfortable as the DNAs on first impression, but would have to try them on the golf course to really try it out.

just based on looks though, going to have to go with the DNA's, more of a fan of a more athletic golf shoe look than the casual look! both very nice though Smile 

definitely give the DNA's a try if you get the chance! they're getting more and more comfortable the more i wear them!
Back to top Go down
Starman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 3:24 pm

I have a pair of FJ DNA... I must agree that this is the most comfortable shoes Ive ever owned!!  The problem lies with spikes! Each time I play 9/18 holes... I will lose at least 1 spikes.. I have complained to the shop where I bought them from, and they have replaced the spikes twice, free of charge! Being said, it still doesnt solve the problem...  The shop owner said if it comes off again.. he will replace me with a new pair! Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:55 pm

I prefer Ecco to FJ albeit the latter is superbly comfy ... I find that FJ ICON golf shoes are generally heavy compared to the likes of Ecco or Adidas Adizero shoes ...
Back to top Go down
iceballx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 3:05 am

I just bought a pair of FJ BOA DNA. The best golf Shoes avail IMHO. I am a convert from the Adidas.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:32 am

Starman wrote:
I have a pair of FJ DNA... I must agree that this is the most comfortable shoes Ive ever owned!!  The problem lies with spikes! Each time I play 9/18 holes... I will lose at least 1 spikes.. I have complained to the shop where I bought them from, and they have replaced the spikes twice, free of charge! Being said, it still doesnt solve the problem...  The shop owner said if it comes off again.. he will replace me with a new pair! Smile

That's odd! Must be pretty annoying to have to do that, hopefully you just get a new pair--might be a defective shoe??? Haven't heard of or had any issues with spikes falling off over here in Vancouver!

iceballx wrote:
I just bought a pair of FJ BOA DNA. The best golf Shoes avail IMHO. I am a convert from the Adidas.

That's awesome! I was wearing the Adidas Tour 360 ATV model before buying the FJ DNA's and what a difference..... most likely going to buy FJ golf shoes from now on!
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 am

Since i've had my FJ DNA boas for 3 months, I've probably replaced 10 spikes, purchased mine online so am unable to get a replacement for spike defect.
Back to top Go down
Starman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:09 am

uluangler: probably u can drop FJ's distributor an email Acushnet and ask for replacement spike. They probably will. Smile

Acushnet Singapore Pte Ltd 7 Changi South Street 2, #02-01. Xilin Districentre C Singapore 486415. Phone: + 65 6788 9560
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:59 am

uluangler wrote:
Since i've had my FJ DNA boas for 3 months, I've probably replaced 10 spikes, purchased mine online so am unable to get a replacement for spike defect.
This sound like manufacturing defects. Write to Aschunet Singapore, I'm sure they can replace all the spikes if the problem persist, maybe you should insist they change a new pair of shoes.
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:09 pm

A question here. Where do you buy spikes for FJ shoes? Do the spikes all come with standard size so that they can fit into any brand of golf shoes?
Back to top Go down
chiajinhon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Hello outlander...

most FJ spikes are made by Softspikes. Each shoe uses different versions, e.g. Q lok, fast twist etc. You can cross reference from the Softspikes website. they list all the various brands and locking systems. 

spikes can get from isetan. but if you want non OEM ones (aka cheong ones), can get online. but be sure to get the correct locking system compatible with your shoe. as of now I think there are no non OEM spikes available for the DNA type of spikes
Back to top Go down
outlander
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
outlander

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:35 pm

I see. Thanks much, Chia.
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Starman wrote:
uluangler: probably u can drop FJ's distributor an email Acushnet and ask for replacement spike. They probably will. Smile

Acushnet Singapore Pte Ltd 7 Changi South Street 2, #02-01. Xilin Districentre C Singapore 486415. Phone: + 65 6788 9560
hmm, its my first pair of FJ that have this problem.
Will Acushnet Singapore honour the warranty if i bought my shoes from overseas, online?

I ended up buying a big box of spikes and putting it in my bag, screwing a new one on whenever one drops.
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:04 am

enwee wrote:
uluangler wrote:
This sound like manufacturing defects. Write to Aschunet Singapore, I'm sure they can replace all the spikes if the problem persist, maybe you should insist they change a new pair of shoes.
Took your advice and wrote in to Acushnet/FJ SEA after losing around 15 spikes.
They requested that i send in my shoes for them to evaluate, which i did and they said they will send me a replacement pair. All correspondence, sending it in and evaluating took 3 days from the day i emailed them. Kudos to Footjoy SEA for the wonderful service.
Have only worn FJs since i started playing golf and i'm sure the DNA defect is a 1-off which has been very promptly rectified. I am pleasantly surprised at the high level of customer service provided and will not hesitate to purchase FJ products in future.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm

After reading the good service it makes me tempted to get a pair as well.
Maybe I'll go try the BOA as I'm starting to get tired of shoelaces coming loose.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 6:23 am

uluangler wrote:
enwee wrote:
uluangler wrote:
Took your advice and wrote in to Acushnet/FJ SEA after losing around 15 spikes.
They requested that i send in my shoes for them to evaluate, which i did and they said they will send me a replacement pair. All correspondence, sending it in and evaluating took 3 days from the day i emailed them. Kudos to Footjoy SEA for the wonderful service.
Have only worn FJs since i started playing golf and i'm sure the DNA defect is a 1-off which has been very promptly rectified. I am pleasantly surprised at the high level of customer service provided and will not hesitate to purchase FJ products in future.

I recently bought a pair after seeing this review. Although the thought of losing spikes was always in my head, the look of the shoes just drew me to it.

Yes, it is extremely comfortable as the cushioning of the top quality insole is so much better than the Adidas that I have owned. 

As for the spikes, I made sure that I gave all of them an extra turn to further tighten them before my first game.  It has now been 4 games and I am glad to say that all of them are still intact.

Buy them!
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 7:30 am

saw this online
"So after getting my first pair of all whites replaced the same thing happened on my red and white pair which were supposed to have been from the after March shipment.  After talking with FJ again they sent me a replacement pair that were newly manufactured.  I did get some interesting info from the rep and hope this will help the rest of you when buying a pair…. Check the number and letter code on the inside of the tongue of the shoe.  The 2 pair that I had that were bad had "DM" on the tongue.  The 2 new pairs have "MN"  I'm sure there are other letter combo's out there but the all the"DM's" are the first run with the spike issue."

Saw my problematic pair had "DM" on the tongue. When i tried to tighten the spike, it goes 1.5rounds then it loosens, the spike holder was probably defective. Anyway it seems they've fixed the issue with subsequent batches.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 am

Interesting read. I'll see if the local stocks have this as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FJ M project/DNA feedback   FJ M project/DNA feedback - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FJ M project/DNA feedback
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2