Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Owners

Go down 
+75
Khoe
popiahc
newbiegolfie
olivewine
Eferata
eden
marmarchen
reallys
iceballx
power72
swingandstroke
chuangyee
mrunix
toonified
Titleistfanvic
HitSoft
butterfingers
albus dumbledore
Tokkokking
Pizzaman
dannygoh
mulderang
gunship
TimLai
coconutz
Miyaki
zhenxua
hancel97
Turbo
golfer1975
audi
JimB976
Dragonz18
Purist
mrunix97
ken23
slinger
legato27
Afat
cjc81
edmund82
w_chiang
nzkiwi
burnergolfer
sbq3162
XD1293
-h2n-
bryanachong
Beneoo
enwee
wolverine
abadan
hkhamateur
IGT
omegadeli2004
aquaman
TigaWood
emperorviii
rocky
Winston
tronos
S70B
watermyforrest
Technospaz
mojojojo
pinhigh
fabulous
Duval_S
hoelwill
Mizuno
Salty Dog
shotah
Dcwchia
Khorkar
Steffan
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Titleist Owners - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:
Guys,

i just got my 915 and notice a slight dent on the toes of the driver head. near the titleist wordings ..
is this covered under warranty?

No mishandling and watsoever...

It is hard to verify if the dent is created by yourself or already there when you bought it ... Where u bought it from?
Back to top Go down
popiahc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:11 pm

Turbo wrote:
You either have to go to BFG, Panwest @ OCC range or Titleist @ Sentosa Golf & Country Club ... Hope it helps ... Cheers!

Tried asking a few fitters and they all referred me back to titleist. The only thing they can do is to ask me to play their clubs and take a leap of faith to buy the same shaft and fit it onto my 913f, then hope it will work. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:23 pm

popiahc wrote:
Turbo wrote:
You either have to go to BFG, Panwest @ OCC range or Titleist @ Sentosa Golf & Country Club ... Hope it helps ... Cheers!

Tried asking a few fitters and they all referred me back to titleist. The only thing they can do is to ask me to play their clubs and take a leap of faith to buy the same shaft and fit it onto my 913f, then hope it will work. Neutral

Besides Titleist @ Sentosa, you can try various shafts at Panwest OCC range (call to make sure that Indian guy who specialized in Titleist clubs is on duty) ... I have tested the 915D2 and 915D3 with Speeder and Diamana shafts there ... But they don't have the Aldila Rogue shaft ... The latter is the best ... I like the Aldila Tour Green too but unfortunately I have bought the 913D2 with Diamana S+ shaft ... Aldila Tour Green offers firmer feel, lower trajectory and slightly more consistent dispersion ...

Based on my personal and honest opinion, I would stick to my 913D2 after hitting the 915D2 twenty times at the range ... distance and trajectory wise, it is more or less similar to my 913 but feel wise, the latter beats the newbie hands down. When I hit the 913, I felt like the ball sped off the clubhead at tremendous speed on impact ... I also prefer the sharp cracking sound of the 913 ... Fortunately it is not those high pitch sound of Ping, Callaway or TM ... 915's impact rather is alittle muted ...

BTW, the new SM5 wedge is awesome in terms of feel and control ...

Titleist
Back to top Go down
popiahc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:34 am

Turbo wrote:
popiahc wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Besides Titleist @ Sentosa, you can try various shafts at Panwest OCC range (call to make sure that Indian guy who specialized in Titleist clubs is on duty) ... I have tested the 915D2 and 915D3 with Speeder and Diamana shafts there ... But they don't have the Aldila Rogue shaft ... The latter is the best ... I like the Aldila Tour Green too but unfortunately I have bought the 913D2 with Diamana S+ shaft ... Aldila Tour Green offers firmer feel, lower trajectory and slightly more consistent dispersion ...

Based on my personal and honest opinion, I would stick to my 913D2 after hitting the 915D2 twenty times at the range ... distance and trajectory wise, it is more or less similar to my 913 but feel wise, the latter beats the newbie hands down. When I hit the 913, I felt like the ball sped off the clubhead at tremendous speed on impact ... I also prefer the sharp cracking sound of the 913 ... Fortunately it is not those high pitch sound of Ping, Callaway or TM ... 915's impact rather is alittle muted ...

BTW, the new SM5 wedge is awesome in terms of feel and control ...

Titleist

thanks for the info, now I know there is a titleist authorised person at OCC, and it helps that I stay pretty near to the club as well. Smile

i am definitely with you on the 915, tried it during one of the demo days sometime ago and i much prefer my 913. i was on g15 previously and like you, i also prefer the sound of my 913, hehe!

i am still hitting my 913d2 on the stock bassara shaft, and it is serving me well (for now). my 913f, however, are on the stock diamana shaft and i do have problems striking them sweet, even if it's from a good lie! i only get like 5-6 good hits out of 10?

so i am exploring changing my woods' shafts to after market shafts but havent had much luck with finding fitters who can help me with that. will also request to try the aldila shaft you have mentioned.

btw, is any of your clubs on Tour Ad? any review on it?

now, i am definitely going down to OCC this week! albino
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi popiahc,

I doubt the local resellers have Adilda shaft on the 913D or 913F for you to try ... That Indian guy is not a staff of Titleist ... In fact he works for Panwest ... I think he used to station in Panwest JCC but they lost the tender to Transview for the JCC outlet rcently ... Hence, he is seen in OCC these days ...

With due respect, not able to hit the sweet spot with your current 913F has nothing gotta do with your shaft ... It is more like your technique deficiency ... Hitting a FW wood off the deck can be a little tricky compared to say, hitting off a tee or perhaps hitting an iron off the deck ... It could be a problem of your ball position, swing plane, arms/shoulders too stiff, etc. My advice is, do not swing hard or hit hard for FW wood but always think swing smooth and allow your lower body to initiate the downswing ... Always remember, contact is of utmost important and NOT swing fast or hard for FW wood off the deck ... If you've good contact, the club will do the work by default, and am sure it will airborne at least 200m effortlessly (if you've a decent swing speed) ... Trust me, 913F is a very good club and fairly user-friendly ... Besides that, I like the small & shallow pear shape of the 913F ...

Titleist
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Turbo wrote:
Hi popiahc,

I doubt the local resellers have Adilda shaft on the 913D or 913F for you to try ... That Indian guy is not a staff of Titleist ... In fact he works for Panwest ... I think he used to station in Panwest JCC but they lost the tender to Transview for the JCC outlet rcently ... Hence, he is seen in OCC these days ...

With due respect, not able to hit the sweet spot with your current 913F has nothing gotta do with your shaft ... It is more like your technique deficiency ... Hitting a FW wood off the deck can be a little tricky compared to say, hitting off a tee or perhaps hitting an iron off the deck ... It could be a problem of your ball position, swing plane, arms/shoulders too stiff, etc. My advice is, do not swing hard or hit hard for FW wood but always think swing smooth and allow your lower body to initiate the downswing ... Always remember, contact is of utmost important and NOT swing fast or hard for FW wood off the deck ... If you've good contact, the club will do the work by default, and am sure it will airborne at least 200m effortlessly (if you've a decent swing speed) ... Trust me, 913F is a very good club and fairly user-friendly ... Besides that, I like the small & shallow pear shape of the 913F ...

Titleist
Turbo,
You are right. Though my swing is not really
that smooth. I can actually launch most of
my hit when not trying to turn fast or applied
more force. My lousy swing can also give
me 170. I'm using 910F, 9.5 loft. Don't over
Swing is important.

Regards,
Eferara
Back to top Go down
newbiegolfie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Turbo wrote:
newbiegolfie wrote:
Guys,

i just got my 915 and notice a slight dent on the toes of the driver head. near the titleist wordings ..
is this covered under warranty?

No mishandling and watsoever...

It is hard to verify if the dent is created by yourself or already there when you bought it ... Where u bought it from?

i bot it from transview NSRCC CHangi
Back to top Go down
newbiegolfie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Damn sad to see the dent.. although its small.. but it just irritates...

Will this be covered under warranty?
Back to top Go down
popiahc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Eferata wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Hi popiahc,

Titleist
Turbo,
You are right. Though my swing is not really
that smooth. I can actually launch most of
my hit when not trying to turn fast or applied
more force. My lousy swing can also give
me 170. I'm using 910F, 9.5 loft. Don't over
Swing is important.

Regards,
Eferara

Hmmm, possibly. Maybe I can also consider seeing a coach.
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi popiahc,

I am seeing Gary fron JCC. He charges me 110 per lesson/hour.
He is quite a nice coach.

regards,
Eferata
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Sorry for the above info. I am using 910f 13.5 loft instead of 9.5...
Back to top Go down
popiahc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Eferata wrote:
Hi popiahc,

I am seeing Gary fron JCC. He charges me 110 per lesson/hour.
He is quite a nice coach.

regards,
Eferata

thanks~!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Eferata wrote:
Sorry for the above info. I am using 910f 13.5 loft instead of 9.5...
Bro, no wonder u can only achieve 170m for that 910F with 13.5deg loft. One needs a high swing speed to optimize a 13.5 Deg FW wood. I believe u are better off using a 15 Deg or 18 Deg loft FW wood. Moreover it ain't easy to hit such low loft FW wood off the deck ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Popiahc, good thinking to consult a Swing Coach rather than wasting $$$ to buy the shaft ... If you wanna consider a Swing Pro near your place, u can consider David Ng @ OCC. He is a practical guy and not much theory. Too much of theory may not be good and may confuse the golfer especially if he/she is a newbie. U can ask him to show you how he hit FW wood before u sign up with him. He hits his FW wood with ease and yet long ... Seeing is believing. 

I have a friend who does not know which Swing pro can teach him to hit long irons (i.e. 5i to 3i), I advised him to ask the potential swing pro to show you first before signing on the dotted line ... Hahaha ... Many swing pro in Sg are "Pian chek" one ... Be careful before you part your hard earned $$$ .... Smile
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Turbo,

Titleist should make you the brand ambassador for Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Winston wrote:
Turbo,

Titleist should make you the brand ambassador for Singapore.

How I wish Acushnet would sign me up as one ... No need to give me free Titleist equipment, a very  very special discount would be suffice ... Laughing

I understand they offer some local Teaching Pros either free or special discount (depending on who you are) on Titleist equipment but not Scotty Cameron putter ... They have to buy the SC putter themselves if they want ... No sure about those National Amateur players though ...

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 pm

newbiegolfie wrote:
Damn sad to see the dent.. although its small.. but it just irritates...

Will this be covered under warranty?

Warranty only covers for manufacturing flaws ... Dented head is not a manufacturing flaw ... You may have to take it back to Transview and see if they will replace it for you ... In future, check your merchandise thoroughly before you pay and leave the shop ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 12:37 am

I have divorced my 913D2 and married a 913D3 babe with the tour proven Aldila Tour Green ATX 65 shaft ... Titleist Titleist
Back to top Go down
Khoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Khoe

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm a firm supporter of Titleist equipment. It's really tour tested. Most of the pros use Titleist.

Driver - 913D3 9.5'

Irons 4-P - AP1 712

Wedges - Vokey 56', 60'

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Most of the Tour Pros use Titleist balls for sure but not equipment ... Of course a good percentage of the tour pros use Titleist clubs ... Scotty putters are in good demand too from both Pros and non-Pros ...
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Khoe wrote:
I'm a firm supporter of Titleist equipment. It's really tour tested. Most of the pros use Titleist.

Driver - 913D3 9.5'

Irons 4-P - AP1 712

Wedges - Vokey 56', 60'

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select

This may put you off, the clubs top pro's use(worlds top few or the ones that we see the most on TV), are completely different from the ones you, I and the normal pro's have access to. Different metal, different forging process etc... Tour proven means nothing as you and I not a pro. Find a set that's best suited for your game. 

Don't get me wrong, they are awesome but tour proven is an overstatement. Good luck! 

Back to top Go down
lousyswinger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 pm

And there is Ping, for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
Khoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Khoe

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am

Yep. totally get you. Most important to find a set that suits your game and allows you to play at your best. I chose the AP1 712 because i like the look and also due to it's forgiving nature. Another reason is because of it's affordable price tag. Got it second hand at Far East. Playing really well with it. Changed from Nike Pro VR Blades. Find it a lot more forgiving and easier to handle. The look is also pretty cool. 

Asked the demo club guys at MB Golf. There are some pros that actually play with AP1 Irons. But totally understand that most Titleist pros use AP2 and the CB and MB. 

One more question. Can someone summarize the differences between Titleist Pro V1 and V1X?
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 am

Khoe wrote:
Yep. totally get you. Most important to find a set that suits your game and allows you to play at your best. I chose the AP1 712 because i like the look and also due to it's forgiving nature. Another reason is because of it's affordable price tag. Got it second hand at Far East. Playing really well with it. Changed from Nike Pro VR Blades. Find it a lot more forgiving and easier to handle. The look is also pretty cool. 

Asked the demo club guys at MB Golf. There are some pros that actually play with AP1 Irons. But totally understand that most Titleist pros use AP2 and the CB and MB. 

One more question. Can someone summarize the differences between Titleist Pro V1 and V1X?
Titleist Pro V1 offers a slightly softer feel than the V1X and spins a little more. 

The Pro V1x is a slightly firmer ball (promote more distance) and spins less. 

For a lower swing speed player, I would think the Pro V1 would be a better fit since there is less compression of the ball. 

Nonetheless both are premium balls and even the Pro V1X should have enough spin to give that check on the greens when you hit your pitch shots.

Hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Rafj

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 8:25 am

The Pro V1 has slightly higher compression and more dimples than the V1x. I believe it's 392 vs 332.

I've been playing the V1x for years and love the predictable spin from irons shots as well as pitches / chips around the green.

The V1, which spins more, tends to balloon a bit on my drives while the V1x penetrates a bit better with a bit more roll.

Go get some to try and see which suits you better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Owners   Titleist Owners - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Owners
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next