Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Audi owners here ?

Go down 
+3
ironfist
D_Iceman
Lamts18
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Any Audi owners here ? Empty
PostSubject: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:35 am

Any Audi owners here ?

just asking if you have any feedbacks on the car as comptemplating changing to a S5 , A5 or S4.
thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:51 am

Lamts18 wrote:
Any Audi owners here ?

just asking if you have any feedbacks on the car as comptemplating changing to a S5 , A5 or S4.
thanks in advance

You've picked 2 different categories of cars. A Coupe and a Hatch.

I've never owned a Audi but have come close many times as recent as last month. I've test driven the S5, S4 and RS6 Sedan. In terms of styling and interior, Audi comes out a winner. Build quality is also very good. Power figures are pretty suspect though. We've put the S5 on a dyno and the HP figures are not what's been advertised. In terms of driving experience, I find Audis less engaging and enjoyable to drive compared to the Bimmers. Steering feedback is very muted. I think Audi's direction towards luxury sports sedan and coupes is just that. They've taken the fun and engagement out of owning a sports model.

Depending on what you're looking for in a car, there's many comparable models from other marques you can test drive before making a decision. For example BMW 335 vs S5. BMW 130 Hatch vs S4 vs VW Sirocco.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:55 am

get a lotus exige S! 0-60mph in 4sec, 150mph top speed, all on a 257 horsepower 1.8 litre engine. brilliant supercar.

but in singapore you can't even get to 3rd gear without hitting a traffic light so neh mind lah. haha
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 am

I need boot that can put 2 golf bags .... the S5, A5 is coupe and the new S4 is a 4 door ...
i also looking at the new E300 or E250 coupe but i guess 4 doors more practical ...
BMW ... i used them before from 323 to 735 ... so giving othe marques a try

Thanks for your feedback ...
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 am

Lamts18 wrote:
I need boot that can put 2 golf bags .... the S5, A5 is coupe and the new S4 is a 4 door ...
i also looking at the new E300 or E250 coupe but i guess 4 doors more practical ...
BMW ... i used them before from 323 to 735 ... so giving othe marques a try

Thanks for your feedback ...

The new E has a nice agressive front but the rear looks like a Hyundai Sonata. I tried the C63AMG, loads of power and torque but the boot is pathetic.

S5/A5 is really sexy. If power is not at the top of your list, then i'd say go for the A5. Otherwise S5 is the cheapest V8 you can buy in the market. Premium can even install the MTM supercharger kit for you if you need that extra power.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:05 am

Wow... different level one...

Btw, what is a "marque"?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks a lot for your inputs .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:41 pm

how about the porsche panamera? 4 door.. sleek.. sporty... beautiful
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:05 pm

yes ... but at 400k leh ..... Audi at 225k plus .. safe money for other things ....
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:41 pm

wow yeah a panamera's pretty sweet.. a lot of boot space too!
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
yes ... but at 400k leh ..... Audi at 225k plus .. safe money for other things ....

oh.. u are right, sorry, didn't know the prices... cos got no money to buy them in the first place.. hehe...

i thought audi was more expensive... anyway porsche and audi are from the same company right?
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:59 pm

FYI, Vicky drives an Audi
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Oh, is she in the forum here ? hows the service and any problems with the cars ?? Thanks ..
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Ya. She's the one hacking at mervyntan in the "VOTE For the BEST Picture for "Your Happiest Moment" & the MOST Comical Picture" thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Just don't buy a Proton.

On a more serious note, my colleague has the A5 (2 door). Very very nice. I think the 4 door is coming out soon. From what I've heard, it performs very well.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks ... will be popping by at the showroom tomorrow to see the S4 ... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Audi owners here ?   Any Audi owners here ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Audi owners here ?
Page 1 of 1