Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Audi A1 Sportback

Go down 
+3
chien
TaylorMadeKL
garylin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 8:39 am

Anyone driving this car knows whether it can fit a full sized golf bag if rear seats fold down?

Ytd backside itchy went to test drive. looks quite small but quite good build quality in the interior.
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:34 am

It can fit. I brought my golf bag to test... Rear seats must fold down...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:34 am

Cute car. . Good choice mate. .

http://a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3095

Seems like possible for golf bag. . 

Anyway,  heard the audi sales ladies are very helpful. . Can call them to show you
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am

Can fit with just one side folded down
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 9:56 pm

thanks bros. hoots liao
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Now only $95k?
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Turbo wrote:
Now only $95k?
99k i think.. or maybe i kena carrot head
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:04 pm

garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Now only $95k?
My friend's friend bought one and she was asked to sign an agreement that she understand & accept the fact the engine oil consumption up to certain level is acceptable. In the past, Audi between year of manufacture 2008 to 2011 burnt engine oil unacceptably and one has to constantly top up engine oil (about once every few thousand kM). Audi claimed that they have resolved this design issue now and yet they still want customers to sign this letter of understanding. I am currently driving a A4 S_line and I have to top up engine oil but not as often as some owners. My A4 is not due to design flaw but wear & tear.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Now only $95k?
My friend's friend bought one and she was asked to sign an agreement that she understand & accept the fact the engine oil consumption up to certain level is acceptable. In the past, Audi between year of manufacture 2008 to 2011 burnt engine oil unacceptably and one has to constantly top up engine oil (about once every few thousand kM). Audi claimed that they have resolved this design issue now and yet they still want customers to sign this letter of understanding. I am currently driving a A4 S_line and I have to top up engine oil but not as often as some owners. My A4 is not due to design flaw but wear & tear.
is it? they never ask me to sign such an agreement leh. Seems like this A1 is quite a new model. 1.0 TFSI. Hopefully they solved the issue Sad
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:45 pm

garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Now only $95k?
is it? they never ask me to sign such an agreement leh. Seems like this A1 is quite a new model. 1.0 TFSI. Hopefully they solved the issue Sad
Better to read the fine print of the purchase terms and conditions. In fact Japanese cars have no issue of topping engine oil in between oil change even if the car is old.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Now only $95k?
Better to read the fine print of the purchase terms and conditions. In fact Japanese cars have no issue of topping engine oil in between oil change even if the car is old.
i thought AD steady pom pee pee one. Now I cant wait to go back and read what I signed lol.
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Turbo wrote:
when your friend bought?

I just checked the fine prints. really got 1 clause say that 1litre of engine oil for 1000km is normal. means every 3000km i have to change engine oil?   Shocked
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:36 pm

No issue with my 1.4l 2012
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Seems like only some cars get this problem?

Audi under VW group must watch for fuel delivery system issues and DSG issues. Take good care of the car and service when it is time to do so and it will work fine...
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm

I changed out to another car after a year as I am lazy load Golf bag and fold down seats... Went for Levorg... Can fit Golf bag horizontally across the boot...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 pm

garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
when your friend bought?

I just checked the fine prints. really got 1 clause say that 1litre of engine oil for 1000km is normal. means every 3000km i have to change engine oil?   Shocked
This is not normal! Ridiculous! On one hand they claimed that they have resolved the cylinder design flaw, on the other, they made the customer accept this Clause ... Not very ethical in my opinion ... Years ago when I bought my A4, there was no such clause. They are covering their "ass" in case the customer exercises the Lemon Law ...

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct grammar)
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 2:43 am

i must pray hard that mine no issue Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:53 am

garylin wrote:
Woah, bro! Because of this matter, u were still awoke at 2am plus huh? Very Happy

Keep your fingers crossed ... Good luck!
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:15 am

Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:
Woah, bro! Because of this matter, u were still awoke at 2am plus huh? Very Happy

I slept at 4am, reading on Audi engine oil issues. Haha. I spent my life savings on it lo! If engine oil problem, I need to forgo 1 game per month to upkeep the car
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 am

garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
garylin wrote:

I slept at 4am, reading on Audi engine oil issues. Haha. I spent my life savings on it lo! If engine oil problem, I need to forgo 1 game per month to upkeep the car
U should have asked me before u signed on the dotted line ...
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 am

garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
when your friend bought?

It is common for TC cars to burn a bit of engine oil. My own 1.8T drinks about 1l every 10k km. For GTIs and more aggressively tuned cars can be expected to burn around 1l every 3000-5000km. My friends keep a bottle of engine oil and top up every 5k interval.   That said, don't think A1 shd not burn at this kind of rate. But to be safe, just keep a bottle of engine oil with you like what I do. It's not too expensive and will not take up the space you need for your golf bag.

Since you already bought the car, just look forward to your new ride.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:43 am

There are some guys from Europe gathering people facing similar problem to mount a class law suit against Audi ...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=926976050706344&id=662574380479847&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.927000174037265%3Atl_objid.927000174037265&__tn__=%2As
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:25 am

Turbo wrote:
There are some guys from Europe gathering people facing similar problem to mount a class law suit against Audi ...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=926976050706344&id=662574380479847&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.927000174037265%3Atl_objid.927000174037265&__tn__=%2As
Yea I saw that. That's why cannot sleep haha
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:26 am

matoonia wrote:
garylin wrote:
Turbo wrote:
when your friend bought?

It is common for TC cars to burn a bit of engine oil. My own 1.8T drinks about 1l every 10k km. For GTIs and more aggressively tuned cars can be expected to burn around 1l every 3000-5000km. My friends keep a bottle of engine oil and top up every 5k interval.   That said, don't think A1 shd not burn at this kind of rate. But to be safe, just keep a bottle of engine oil with you like what I do. It's not too expensive and will not take up the space you need for your golf bag.

Since you already bought the car, just look forward to your new ride.
Comforting to hear. Will keep a bottle in the car just in case!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Agree w Matoonia

It's a beautiful car.  It'll definitely be in my list if my kids are smaller and lesser of them. . And especially in Sgp it's a very practical n fun car to drive! 

Have fun my friend!  Maybe post some pics after you've collected the car n jio us out for a fun ride la...  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Audi A1 Sportback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audi A1 Sportback   Audi A1 Sportback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audi A1 Sportback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next