Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Korea, please help us

Go down 
+15
Begbie
Najibapark
blong
nutty88
JohnBGLee
Joshua
zhenxua
DLWL
watermyforrest
TDO
mtm
Suzuki
rlhk
p3nboy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Korea, please help us - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:11 pm

p3nboy wrote:
what do Singapore gain by winning a medal in the Olympic?

there is a defferent between winning and buying a medal.

Aiyah... get medal also not happy ? Ppl give just take bro... bronze some more ...
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

if i got chance to collect golf trophy sure happy(without cheating). if you are using OPM to win the medal, how to be happy?
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:49 pm

They have worked their asses off training for the medal, give credit when its due.
However misgivings some might have of certain foreigners, it's important to produce a united front on the international stage. We should never air our dirty laundry in public. If not , we simply portray a very ugly side of us to the world.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:58 pm

riverdeity wrote:
They have worked their asses off training for the medal, give credit when its due.
However misgivings some might have of certain foreigners, it's important to produce a united front on the international stage. We should never air our dirty laundry in public. If not , we simply portray a very ugly side of us to the world.

Well said bro... +1 for u....
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:14 pm

As a Singaporean, I'm very proud that we won 2 medals (be it both are bronze) and I don't think any country can buy the medal even if they can afford it.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm

WMF, any country can buy sportsman for sure and it has happened a lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 3:26 pm

this is winning a medal:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports/Story/A1Story20120812-364948.html
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Najibapark wrote:
There is a Singaporean but she's a reserve. I used to play table tennis during my primary school years. I think they should have let her play instead of the pr. Just one true Singaporean is enough to please the citizens.

Correction: All Singapore reps at Olympics are Singapore Citizens and not PRs... I believe that's also a requirement of the Olympics movement to all countries
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:17 pm

p3nboy wrote:
this is winning a medal:

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports/Story/A1Story20120812-364948.html

And the irony of it is that one malaysian said he will cut of his genitals if she wins. What kind of support to your won country men. Lol...

Btw p3nboy, you are a Singaporean now?
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 pm

aiyah.. the whole french world cup winning team are sons of immigrants. look at german football team now, hitler must be rolling in his grave now if he knew this goin to happen. the world has become almost borderless...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Don say germany and france.

We singaporeans were all immigrants at one point.

Back to the bronze table tennis, i am proud of them, but i hope to see more work done trying to integrate them into the singapore culture.

Just read an article about PRC Olympians retired. They were mentioning this male gymnast who retired and ended up begging in the streets.

I wud love to hear them speak more las, drink more teh tarik and order some kopi kao siew tai.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 6:25 pm

p3nboy wrote:
this is winning a medal:

This is a startling story of Girl that made good and move our hearts.

but regardless, we cannot discount the effort and hardwork of our paddlers. Without the effort, it will just be another wasted program of foreign talent.

We singaporeans are too pampered, how to develop the hunger for winning ?

If this is one way to stir emotions for hunger and winning again , why not ? u hv any better suggestion young man ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korea, please help us   Korea, please help us - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Korea, please help us
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2