Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf in Korea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Does anyone have any information on booking agents who can secure tee times or organize  golf trips to Korea.  Looking for games in and around Seoul as opposed to Jeju.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 4:42 pm

played once and was amazed by how their buggy works. if you happen to play, you will know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Mike888 wrote:
played once and was amazed by how their buggy works. if you happen to play, you will know what i mean.

Yeah I played once on a Business invitational. Automatic buggies that self drive =)

That said the courses I saw had excellent conditions and maintenance. 

Looking at the Sky72 72 hole complex next to Incheon airport.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Played in Sky72 2 years back.. Unfortunately they don't accept single ball booking. I even tried getting a slot by calling the Korean tourism board but they couldn't assist much. In the end I took a cab from my hotel at 5am and made the 1 hour trip to the club house and begged them to let me play hahaha. They were extremely nice and welcoming. Although they didn't allow walk in guest they managed to pair me up in a 3 balls flight.  The Korean players were also very friendly. I froze my balls off in the early morning game and loved their free soup and snack at the half way hut.. 
Great experience but definitely the most expensive game ever... Sgd500 including taxi.....
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Sky72 is not cheap and nor any other courses close to Seoul. Transport out to the golf courses won't be cheap either as there's not much public transport readily available to cold courses. Caddie is a must to play and not many has English speaking caddies except sky72. Good luck! Sorry I can't be of much help.
Back to top Go down
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am

I actually have visited Seoul a few times and surprisingly renting a car and driving around is not that expensive.

SKY72 is probably not the cheapest course but its near enough to Seoul to make it easily accessible. Their published rates are 190-250 per pax but with discounts for foreigners etc. That and they have online booking in english  which the other clubs don't.

Anyway will keep looking around and report back if anything interesting pops up.
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am travelling to Korea next month. Are the golf stuff there cheaper than what we can find in Singapore? 

When I went to the US, I was surprised to see that their stuff are even more expensive than what we get here, even if we do not take the exchange rate into account. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
asidbyrne
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:26 pm

[Chris] wrote:
Hi,

I am travelling to Korea next month. Are the golf stuff there cheaper than what we can find in Singapore? 

When I went to the US, I was surprised to see that their stuff are even more expensive than what we get here, even if we do not take the exchange rate into account. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Simple answer is No.

Apparel is definitely more varied. If you are interested in looking good on course. You will find in Korea a selection I believe unmatched anywhere except maybe Japan.  But also more expensive then anywhere else in the world. And boutique labels you prob may not have heard of.
You would think that with Titliest owned by FILA of Korea, there would be some advantage there but again the short answer is NO. 
Equipment is generally more expensive then in Singapore and most of the brands are Japanese.

Golf in Korea is a sport for the masses BUT playing on the golf course is for the rich. Most play simulator golf and there are leagues for this as well which is well worth a visit. Think Karaoke but with golf. 

Your only hope to find cheap would be used equipment like Japan but that's a whole different topic....
Back to top Go down
[Chris]
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for the detailed info bro. I'll save my trouble hunting around for golf shops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golf in Korea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf in Korea   Golf in Korea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf in Korea
Page 1 of 1