Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only

Go down 
+32
acidic88
blee67
slinger
Derek
pippin
Tituman
HyBriD
Ssquirrel
Duval_S
Gray
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
Lee36328
Sean76
golfnut
Newtogolf
ahnah
Turbo
siaokao
VWgolfer
golfian
Billyow
dmateo
ChrisD
LousyGolfer
hkhamateur
garylin
eiji
Slicer51
HD Street Glide
Joshua
mi5trooper
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 pm

anyone got picture to show us how does a wearout iron look like? i am curious.

Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 am

mi5trooper : the club tat wears out alot is wedges because it's the most used club in the bag . pitching , chipping and bunker (esp bunker is hard packed or wet ) . face and bounce area scratched up is very normal .

Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

i keep seeing posting saying the club wear out and need to change. i look at my club, i think still not wear out leh after so many yr. hmm... (i assume it is like checking tyre. i think only lah. that is why i ask this question. hehe...)
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

I finally realised the mistake in my swing that is impeding my distance....I did not turn my head. Wow makes such a lot of difference. After correcting that, the weight shift came alot easier and naturally. At least I can get abt average of 100 today on the 7i and the sound of impact on the ball sounds so much "right". The feeling of happiness is almost like estasy!!! Very Happy

I hope I can improve on it soon and move on to the woods...and finally some games on the green. cheers
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Congrats VWgolfer! You have reached an important milestone!

I too remember when I first start to be able to hit my 7i slightly more than 100m, simply by striking the ball more correctly, without excessive amount of effort. It was like a quantum leap, both in terms of understanding and also joy.

Keep at it, and look forward to your next quantum leap ... there are many more waiting for you.

P.S. You might want to consider learning how to strike a 25deg hybrid (aka 5 hybrid or 5 rescue) before moving on to woods. From my personal experience, they are a beginners best friend and the fastest way to start enjoying yourself on the greens
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks Derek Very Happy

My set came with a 5 hybrid. Tried it today and noooooppeeee...I can't hit with it!! I find it so much different from the irons tho my coach just tells me just swing it the same...sigh.

Well, at least I finally got it with the 7i today so was practising all afternoon with it to instill the swing in me. After couple more range practice, the next will be the hybrid then...followed by the woods....I foresee a long way to go but am so looking forward to the greens. Smile

For now....I m basking in happiness.....simple joy Razz

Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:33 pm

VWgolfer wrote:
Thanks Derek Very Happy

My set came with a 5 hybrid. Tried it today and noooooppeeee...I can't hit with it!! I find it so much different from the irons tho my coach just tells me just swing it the same...sigh.

Well, at least I finally got it with the 7i today so was practising all afternoon with it to instill the swing in me. After couple more range practice, the next will be the hybrid then...followed by the woods....I foresee a long way to go but am so looking forward to the greens. Smile

Well u should slow down the back swing then u'll find everything much easier.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm

if you're eager for the green, why not try the par 3 executive courses once you can handle you iron. I think most hole can be completed with a P or 9. the long ones need probably up to 7 or 5. So all iron is ok until you master hybrid, wood and driver. hope that can keep your interest up at the same time practicing for "real golf" experience.

Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 pm

enwee wrote:
VWgolfer wrote:
Thanks Derek Very Happy

Well u should slow down the back swing then u'll find everything much easier.

Ok thanks, shall try tat
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 pm

dmateo wrote:
if you're eager for the green, why not try the par 3 executive courses once you can handle you iron. I think most hole can be completed with a P or 9. the long ones need probably up to 7 or 5. So all iron is ok until you master hybrid, wood and driver. hope that can keep your interest up at the same time practicing for "real golf" experience.

Oh ok, I tot I would need the woods or drivers. Ok shall try it soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:11 pm

VWgolfer wrote:
dmateo wrote:

Which 18 holes are you trying?
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 pm

enwee wrote:
VWgolfer wrote:
dmateo wrote:

Oh I tot executive course is 9 holes? Maybe the NSRCC one?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 pm

VWgolfer wrote:
enwee wrote:
VWgolfer wrote:
dmateo wrote:

Oh I tot executive course is 9 holes? Maybe the NSRCC one?
Executive? No need driver lah. Unless you wanna try 1 on, on the hole 2 par 4. But be warned, if it don't come out of the woods, it's OB.
Back to top Go down
Lisy
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lisy

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
@mi5trooper,

see this and hope you found it useful but the best is to see a coach.

[img]Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 Ball_f10[/img]

Slicer51 is a very good shifu..
He has advised me on a lot of things.. very very good coach!! Endorsed by me..
Quickly 倒茶拜师 Slicer51 become ur coach.. cheers

Swing Cheers Jump Cheers Jump I HIT IT

BTW: very enjoyable to read this thread..
just realized also.. it has been sometimes ever since i had a good laugh.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VWgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
VWgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 am

Oh is he a golf coach? Which range is he at?

And yes there are many threads in here tat is very enjoyable to read. I learnt lots of other stuff in here besides golf Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only   Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it normal? my 7th iron distance is about 70-80m only
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5