Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 pm

I just read an article on a magazine named "Golf Magazine". forget Ben's Single plane. You have three paths to consistent contact. I understand is this month issue and I suggest that you buy an copy to read article or take a look at this article in any book store before you decide to buy.

It is on page 41 to 49. it stated

[ You don't choose your swing, It chooses you. Now, with a simple and easy test, you can discover for the 1st time your most dynamic, consistent and efficient motion]

It show you how to do a "Elbow Hinge Text" test on your own and it nails your body type to help you determine the shape of your best swing (whether your are a low-track, Mid-track or High-track golfers.

It have 8 pages with pictures and explanation to us a better understand.

I do not know whether it is truth base on this article but at least know I am a Mid-track golfer now and it gave me different prospective on my swing. Since I am still travelling and yet to try it but looking forward to head to the diving range the moment I can.

I have been stop buying this type golf instruction magazine as sometime it do more harm than good to our swing. However, this time. I like to share this information and hope it can give you a different though on the positive side. Smile

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for sharing, bro Slicer51. Checked it out today.

It makes sense, appears compatible with existing frameworks, while adding an interesting perspective.

The hitchhiker thumb elbow hinge test is a convenient way to test which plane our right hand will naturally reach when we turn in the backswing.

That said, there appear to be notable exceptions. For example, Matt Kuchar would be suggested as a high track golfer based on the length of his forearm compared with upper arm. But he is clearly doing well and winning with a low track swing.

There are also golfers who mix elements from different tracks who do well. Tiger (pre Haney), Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia, etc come to mind. They appear to go up in one track, and come down in another.

But disregarding the cliched hyperbole ("this theory blows Ben Hogan's one ideal plane out of the water! etc "), it certainly adds an interesting element to consider.
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi, any kind soul able to upload the article here? thanks.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hogan

PostSubject: Re: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:12 pm

This article is hard to comprehend especially if one has not read Ben Hogan's book, Five Lessons. It will be more confusing than helpful. Also, it depends on the golf set you are using now as manufacturers design their standard sets to be swung in a certain best way . I remember swinging a Ben Hogan set and it actually required you to swing flatter.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Hogan wrote:
This article is hard to comprehend especially if one has not read Ben Hogan's book, Five Lessons. It will be more confusing than helpful. Also, it depends on the golf set you are using now as manufacturers design their standard sets to be swung in a certain best way . I remember swinging a Ben Hogan set and it actually required you to swing flatter.

???

You mean the lie angle? If its forged, it can be easily adjusted.

With respect, I for one found the text of the article quite clear, no prior knowledge of Hogan's book required. What I found inaccurate and inconsistent were the pictures used for the elbow hinge test where the lines and circles were not consistently drawn. This is quite common in mainstream magazines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"   Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Find your perfect swing (forget Ben Hogan single plane"
Page 1 of 1