Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Injury

Go down 
+27
Duval_S
aural
Juzme
chillipadi
Birdman
tookii
wilkang
D_Iceman
Khorkar
eiji
pinhigh
Tituman
Eltonjuan
Uncle Lau
shaugn
kopiO
first_timerz
skybobo
weesern
Start1993
jaketang
Right_sided_coach
Technospaz
S70B
mUAr_cHEe
sunny
nanohenry
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tookii
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Injury - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Wilkang,

Does it swell up to 3 or 4 times its normal size?
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi tookii,

i would say at least double it's normal size..too painful to even bend.
Can only massage the joint and crack it sideways to ease the tension..lol
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:31 pm

D Iceman, I had the same wrist problem too. sometimes in both hands. Saw a sinseh for it and over 3 sessions, it was solved. It still comes back occassionally, but if it's not too bad, I massage it myself, it helps. I went to this famous one in Chin Swee Rd. Only thing is gotta wait damn long time, but he is worth every penny. And only $30 a session which varies depending on the severity of the injury, average treatment time is 45 minutes.

My problem was bad, couldn't cock my wrists and at impact, just want to let go of the club. Even carrying a packet of food, if I bent my wrist, the pain would make my fingers just open up and let go of whatever i was holding.
Back to top Go down
chillipadi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:40 pm

wilkang wrote:
Hi tookii,

Mayb u haven't let it rest properly b4 the next game, so it adds on the injury?

You may like to do this:
Nx time, after the game, mayb u get ice on it, reduces the swelling.... but only for abt 10 min, then let it b b4 the nx ice compress on it abt. another 10 min. 24 hours later, do the same but with warm compress. After the 2 days, do try to keep off golfing a few days. However if u can tahang no playing golf for a longer time, then to so. Hopefully b ok. (P/S I am no doc, but ok wif !st aid, no expert though)

Sometimes, I tend to get locked elbow during the game, though I am have not been playing golf for long, still no PC, paiseh leh. Think Mine probably due to occupation + golfing + the favoured side I sleep on???
Back to top Go down
chillipadi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Birdman wrote:
D Iceman, I had the same wrist problem too. sometimes in both hands. Saw a sinseh for it and over 3 sessions, it was solved. It still comes back occassionally, but if it's not too bad, I massage it myself, it helps. I went to this famous one in Chin Swee Rd. Only thing is gotta wait damn long time, but he is worth every penny. And only $30 a session which varies depending on the severity of the injury, average treatment time is 45 minutes.

My problem was bad, couldn't cock my wrists and at impact, just want to let go of the club. Even carrying a packet of food, if I bent my wrist, the pain would make my fingers just open up and let go of whatever i was holding.

I personally don't go to chinese sinseh, no offence bro. But I heard some TCM practitioner really good... they mix Western and Eastern medicinal skills, etc. They feel ur injury and then recommends Xray if nec b4 treatment. Heard from fren there used to be one at bendemeer/boon keng rd but prob not there anymore...... so I can't suggest anything there
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:50 pm

No worries, I was a bit skeptical too last time. Then I tried it once out of desperation, and became a convert soon after.

The only thing is separating the good from the bad and the quacks. That is the issue with sinsehs.
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
D_Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Birdman wrote:

Sounds like my injury. I'm seeing a physio now, it has helped.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 pm

chillipadi wrote:
wilkang wrote:
Hi tookii,

Mayb u haven't let it rest properly b4 the next game, so it adds on the injury?

You may like to do this:
Nx time, after the game, mayb u get ice on it, reduces the swelling.... but only for abt 10 min, then let it b b4 the nx ice compress on it abt. another 10 min. 24 hours later, do the same but with warm compress. After the 2 days, do try to keep off golfing a few days. However if u can tahang no playing golf for a longer time, then to so. Hopefully b ok. (P/S I am no doc, but ok wif !st aid, no expert though)

Sometimes, I tend to get locked elbow during the game, though I am have not been playing golf for long, still no PC, paiseh leh. Think Mine probably due to occupation + golfing + the favoured side I sleep on???

Will definitely try that..thanks chillipadi.
It does get better if i let it rest for a week..goes back to normal size.
Back to top Go down
tookii
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Sounds serious bro. Do take care and see a good doc, the bros recommend. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Juzme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Juzme

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:09 pm

FYI, injured elbow when first started golf. Was swinging too steep and hitting ground before ball Embarassed Kept on playing & quite painful so had to see a physio. A fewf sessions later, elbow recovered. Seeing a physio is an expensive experience... So best to let insuries recover fully before playing again.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am

My main problem is too tight a grip though just started golf for 2months it does have it's toll on my fingers. We should give our fingers a good stretch since our hands are always clentched in the range for at least 1 hr. Any part of our body would feel pain if it is put under stress for that long a time. Just my thoughts. Perhaps even take breaks in between swings in the range.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

thanks.....

luckily I have range phobia...
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:39 pm

S70B wrote:
nanohenry wrote:
Each time I come back from a game or driving range, my fingers joint (first 3 fingers of left hand and all from right hand) and left hip joint pain. Is this due to improper swing or sign of aging?

Depends....how old are you?

I used to have golf and tennis elbows but after going to a physio, I'm glad to say I'm 99.9% painfree.

Its all inflammation of the tendons.

Go see 1. If you need a contact, pm me.

Can you PM me the contact? i am having aching fingers and back muscle injury now.
Thanks a lot!!!
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:57 pm

I realised I got some wrist pain and finger tightness after range and golf and they dun seem to go off even if i stay off. I guess physio or sinseh seems the best way to address these problems. Sad
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:54 pm

tohkh, I had that problem too. Went sinseh for tuina.
Couldn't wait but went back to the clubs after a week.
Did not recover.

I was 'forced' to stay away from golf for about 2 weeks when I went on vacation.
And the pain was gone.

Think lots of rest after seeing the sinseh is a MUST.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
scotty2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 am

I had the same problems for the past two weeks - wrist pain and muscle aches. Went to Cheng Kang Wellness TCM massage (#01-05, Tampines Mart, Tampines St 32). Helps somewhat, if you get the right masseur. For the wrist, I used a Futuro wrist band (bought from Guardian / Watson)to keep the wrist from moving too much. A great conversation piece as well at work!
For tuina, can try Kang Liang Chinese Physician at Blk 253 Jurong East St 24 #01-255 (Tel: 65626295). No appointment needed. Usually no one picks up the phone, because it's one man operation, and his clinic is full till late. Long queue starts around 8 am daily. All patients go there by word of mouth. Usually charges $50. Went there once for my back pain problem (when all the physio sessions at SGH didn't do any good). Only went once and never had to go back again! Best $50 I've ever spent!
Am thinking of going back there for the wrist problem, if it persists.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:13 am

Oooh serious? The tuina is THAT good?
Then I gotta go try as well.
Been going for physio @ TTSH for 2 months, doesn't help.

This Jurong East is near to the MRT?
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Kang Liang's speciality is back problem and more of bone-setting, hence, a lot of old people likes to go there... he is good at what he does, but i found his rates to be a bit steep (flat $50) and he is not registered with the singapore TCM association.

dun mistaken, he has helped me a couple of times, with some back problems.

I go another place nowadays (quite near to his shop), with cheaper rates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury   Golf Injury - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Injury
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3