Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??

Go down 
+13
ahnah
Ssquirrel
Technospaz
Bryan540
sgdaniel
jtek
Lee36328
Botak88
davecsh
SigmaOne
jeffman88
Cyp_PGA
lla23
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lla23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? Empty
PostSubject: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 pm

I know lots of golfers out there has common injuries like ankles, knees, hips, lower back, shoulder, neck and etc. How do u deal with it? Does it still troubles you??
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I go see a physiotherapist by doing a golf sreening . he will give you excercise to do to strengthen the part of you body that is tight or weak. you need to be fit to play golf so gym is big in golf as golf is sport contrary at some people may think.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:32 pm

for golfers elbow due to hitting club on ground I wear Tenex strap...

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? Tenex2
Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? Tenex-ElbowShockAbsorber
Back to top Go down
SigmaOne
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
SigmaOne

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm

jeffman88 wrote:

Not really useful. Stop hammering the ground is a better option. Got mine yrs back and a big waste of $$$
Back to top Go down
http://www.SigmaGolfStudio.com
davecsh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
davecsh

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Anyone got injuries to the right big toe for tipping too often during finishing swings?
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Bro jeffman88,

Does it works ???

How much is 1?? Wher to get it??

Must wear 1 for each hand???

TIA
Back to top Go down
Botak88
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Bro jeffman88,

Does it works ???

TIA
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:55 pm

lla23 wrote:
I know lots of golfers out there has common injuries like ankles, knees, hips, lower back, shoulder, neck and etc. How do u deal with it? Does it still troubles you??

I used to have plenty of pain in various joints and tendons. I would be sore after a round, and used to think it was normal, just my being out of shape, etc.

Later, it turned out, each pain was a sign of a particular flaw in my swing.

Chicken wing - pain in left wrist and left elbow

Sway too much - pain in lead hip

Swinging in the wrong plane and forcing the shot - pain in the elbows, left and/or right

Getting stuck and humping the goat - pain in the neck from all that jumping and humping.

Etc.

Been down that road before - massage, phiten, bandages, tapes, bracelets, etc. So I know the pain. Instead, addressing the swing issues and playing pain-free is a much better alternative I find.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm seeing chiropractor for my lower backache...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 am

Botak88 wrote:
Bro jeffman88,

Does it works ???

TIA

for me it works.. seb might disagree .. a bit like phiten or power balance...maybe placebo effect? lol
am wearing it all the time. $75 from Torque Golf @ Laguna
product has an encapsulated liquid shock absorber (mercury) in the dome
I wear only on right hand as pain was in right elbow.. dunno about wearing 2 - probably can if there is pain in both elbows
now pain is almost gone but still wearing as preventive measure Smile
Back to top Go down
sgdaniel
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 am

Lee36328 wrote:
humping the goat

???!!!

when r we suppose to do that?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 am

sgdaniel wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
humping the goat

???!!!

when r we suppose to do that?

It's a term commonly used esp in american forums to mean you lose the 'tush line', ie. your hips are closer to the ball at impact than they were at address.

A common flaw.

When the backswing is big and high, and the hips are slow with insufficient weight shift, this tends to happen.
Back to top Go down
Bryan540
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

sometimes its nt abt wrg swing.. It could b muscular weakness, muscle knots, tightness and lack of mobility... Active release need to be done if muscles are forming tight knots...and lots of self stretching to be down...

Once there are knots in the muscles, the muscle become inflexible and other parts of the body will have to compensate for the lack of movement and thus injury..

Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 am

jeffman88 wrote:

I know another golfer who wears this and swears that it is effective.

I don't play enough golf to need it but the science behind it seems logical.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

SigmaOne wrote:

Not really useful. Stop hammering the ground is a better option. Got mine yrs back and a big waste of $$$
Very strong words... Just hope you can take it gracefully if/when someone buys something from your shop and then posts in forums that it's a big waste of $$$

I have one of these (actually I think I have too much nonsense); several people I know feel it works. For me, i think it does absorb the shock.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 am

Bryan540 wrote:
sometimes its nt abt wrg swing.. It could b muscular weakness, muscle knots, tightness and lack of mobility... Active release need to be done if muscles are forming tight knots...and lots of self stretching to be down...

Once there are knots in the muscles, the muscle become inflexible and other parts of the body will have to compensate for the lack of movement and thus injury..

Hope it helps!

Sure. Always be sure to warm up properly, stretch, ease into the workout or round of golf.

As the body adapts to the load, conditioning improves, and weakness or lack of mobility will be less of an issue over time.

If one is deskbound 8-10 hours per day 5-6 days per week, and suddenly caught the golf bug and goes and hit a few hundred balls, something will give. Ease into it, plenty of warm up and cool down, stretching before and after.

Most importantly, learn how to do the swing correctly, esp for a beginner. There is no reason for golf to hurt. So if it is hurting, it's a sign something needs to be corrected.

Wearing something that masks the pain does not get to the root cause long term.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 am

Lee36328 wrote:
There is no reason for golf to hurt. So if it is hurting, it's a sign something needs to be corrected.

that sounds so familiar.. exactly what the foot reflexologist told me...Razz.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:29 am

jeffman88 wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
There is no reason for golf to hurt. So if it is hurting, it's a sign something needs to be corrected.

that sounds so familiar.. exactly what the foot reflexologist told me...Razz.. cheers

That's a commendably honest reflexologist, because if you fixed the root cause, he/she will lose a customer. Very Happy

Thinking about it, God's genius is evident in our physical system design. When something is wrong, the body gives us feedback, and that feedback is pain. It's full of rich information. I am amazed what a reflexologist can tell just from pressing the foot, the hands, etc. It's a huge body of knowledge of understanding how our body functions and how it shows up on various points in our body.

Problem is, instead of reading the feedback, we either tend to ignore it or mask it. In our busy hurry hurry modern lives, we want a quick fix, and pain-relieving is the quickest fix. It's also a good business case for the pain-relieving industry.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:36 am

Right chest pain after 100 ball swing ... what could be cause and what is the remedy ?
Back to top Go down
bigrockshow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bigrockshow

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

i go for a non - impact water exercise that focuses on my back and knees.

after which, i use certain water dumbells to stimulate resistance for my arms and shoulder.

check it out at www.deepwaterworkout.com
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:50 am

ahnah .. maybe big right breasts? lol just kidding.. Very Happy interfering with ur swing....

i remember someone told me once a folk etymology that Amazons cut off one breast to facilitate archery.... LOL

The word Amazon is of unknown origin, however was also told this ... which explained the word as being a deriviative of the preface "a-", meaning "without", followed by "mazos", meaning "breast".
Back to top Go down
francis75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:37 pm

My left hand,the 3 fingers that hold the club cant close after playing.....so far i went to see alot of doctors,chinese or western,also cant heal.....any advice.thank.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 pm

francis75 wrote:
My left hand,the 3 fingers that hold the club cant close after playing.....so far i went to see alot of doctors,chinese or western,also cant heal.....any advice.thank.

cos of gripping club too tight? try this product @ http://www.sensoglove.com/
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:21 pm

francis75 wrote:

Sounds like trigger finger.

I had a case of trigger finger in the middle finger of my left hand. It recovered after I took a break of 1-2 weeks from hitting any balls, but would threaten to return any time I resumed practising.

It was caused by my swing putting too much stress on it, esp when the grip was both incorrect and too tight during impact.

I studied this until I fully understood all its fine detail, and the pain disappeared. It might help you.

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? F031448fdeea2d5d4920c6a3e0598073
Back to top Go down
francis75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
francis75 wrote:

Sounds like trigger finger.

I had a case of trigger finger in the middle finger of my left hand. It recovered after I took a break of 1-2 weeks from hitting any balls, but would threaten to return any time I resumed practising.

It was caused by my swing putting too much stress on it, esp when the grip was both incorrect and too tight during impact.

I studied this until I fully understood all its fine detail, and the pain disappeared. It might help you.

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? F031448fdeea2d5d4920c6a3e0598073
tks bro! hope can heal after following the instruction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??   Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Injury, is it still a nagging pain to you??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next